fas

ir day/night dome cams

its the best I could find to date, that is a True Day Night ... The Panosonic is good too, i just dont like its cosmetics ... save it for WD apps ... the GE (if the rep is watching) didnt work out too well for me, less settings than the Sanyo, and more expensive .. plus no 360 degree gimble, had to bend it to work. Ganz looks interesting also .. will see what the Korean Manufacturers have coming out .. seen some interesting stuff, WD True Day Night, 540/600TVL, 0.1/0.01 lux Exview Day Night with Mech Filter .... just noone is selling them yet. My client has had 2 Sanyos now for over 4 years ... Course always looking for something better and cheaper ...

BTW, the sanyo isnt actually that low lux in Color mode ... it works out well in BW mode though .. but doesnt match up to their True Day Night box camera for low light in both color and BW .. which doesnt match up to the GE Exview True Day NIght .. also a mention Bosch has an Exview true Day Night PTZ ...

Yeah. And even if someone does start selling them, they are going to be more expensive, unless the last years models drop in price.

"WD True Day Night, 540/600TVL, 0.1/0.01 lux Exview Day Night with Mech Filter" That sounds real good. Let me know when they start selling them.

Until then I guess the Sanyo is my winner for now.

The better/cheaper thing doesn't usually work out that way.

me personally, down here, ill just sell them a cheap BW or cheap Color bullet if they are on a budget, and a cheap cheap CMOS Color IR bullet for the super budget ... then sell the high end for people that want quality.

You mean that are willing to pay for quality or can afford quality.

CCTV equipment has not hit a sweet spot in the market place yet, like PC's.

At least not for residential customers and many small business customers as well.

Alot of times, if you properly explain the differences between a Budget Camera and a High quality camera, they will go with the higher quality regardless of the higher cost ... but ofcourse some people are just cheap ...

Or broke.

then you are dealing with me or you, and we getting bullet cameras no questions asked ...

Nah. I think I will go without a little food and get another one of those Sanyo Domes.

At least one good camera. Cheap bullet for other areas if I ever get around to them.

Edited by Guest

true that ... well a cheap bullet landed here is probably the same price you would pay for that dome up there anyway ...

Yeah, probably right.

That sucks, that is all I can say about that.

You have to set up a camera smuggling operation.

Just kidding any of you government types that might read this.

Does the ir reflect against the clear cover?

The IR Domes we use have a gasket that squeezes up against the dome from the lens so that any IR light reflected off of inside of the dome cannot get to the lens and affect the shot.

The foam doesn't work all the time though. When the camera board inside is moved to an abnormal position its hard to get that foam gasket to stay flush with the cover. Also, you run into catching a part of the foam on the video depending on lenses used.