ricreis394

Need help on HD-CVI system

Hello everyone and thanks for reading my topic ,

First of all, I already bought three cameras and a recorder, references below:

- Cameras: Dahua HAC-HFW1100R-VF (1Mp)

--- Video Output: 1-channel BNC HDCVI high definition video output

- Recorder: Dahua HCVR5108HE-V2 (8 CH)

--- Video Input: 8 channel, BNC

I already tested the recorder and the cameras with a cable (RG-59 with BNC connector) with 1m each just to test and everything goes fine, nice quality by the way.

Now I have some questions about the installation.

- Since I need for a maximum of 200m between each camera to the recorder, I don't know how much is the limit of the cable to not lose image quality.

- How do I choose a good cable? I think there could be a cheap cable that is not much stronger than another more high in price, right?

- With this equipment the only way and the recommended way is to connect with RG-59 with BNC connectors? (I say this because I already saw people talking about UTP cable for this systems)

- Where should I put the power supply? Probably It'll be complicated to put the supply near the cameras, can I send the power via the same cable as video (RG-59)? or probably using the siamese cable.

Hi

- Since I need for a maximum of 200m between each camera to the recorder, I don't know how much is the limit of the cable to not lose image quality.:

>The maximum transmission distance for HDCVI is 800m

- How do I choose a good cable? I think there could be a cheap cable that is not much stronger than another more high in price, right?:

>You will need to look for solid copper core cable that is the best, having good quality cable is always important especially if you want to go 200m,cheaper cable is usually poor quality cable

- With this equipment the only way and the recommended way is to connect with RG-59 with BNC connectors? (I say this because I already saw people talking about UTP cable for this systems):

>RG-59 with BNC connectors is recommended, however I have used CAT5 cable (UTP) and it works got over 300m, it is important to use good quality Baluns.

- Where should I put the power supply? Probably It'll be complicated to put the supply near the cameras, can I send the power via the same cable as video (RG-59)? or probably using the siamese cable.

>You can put the PSU by the Recorder, you will then need to use siamese cable, once again must be good quality to send the video and power 200m, you will also need a high ampage PSU (power supply), I mostly use a 12V 10 Amp PSU with a 18 way distribution board, build into a lockable casing, it can adjust the voltage from 10v - 15v brilliant for those long distance runs

Hope this helps

ricreis394,

Buy and test over 200 meter cable before you install in the real field. In our lab with an unbranded rg59 cable, 50 meter was a big challenge. Therefore, please post the result so that all CCTVForum members should be eager to know.

- With this equipment the only way and the recommended way is to connect with RG-59 with BNC connectors? (I say this because I already saw people talking about UTP cable for this systems):

>RG-59 with BNC connectors is recommended, however I have used CAT5 cable (UTP) and it works got over 300m, it is important to use good quality Baluns.

Very thanks for the reply.

Do you recommend RG-59 or UTP cable? Which one can transfer better image quality?

Buy and test over 200 meter cable before you install in the real field. In our lab with an unbranded rg59 cable, 50 meter was a big challenge. Therefore, please post the result so that all CCTVForum members should be eager to know.

Probably I will buy some cable to test, but I'm trying to gather the most information so I can not lose so much money.

Very thanks for the reply.

Do you recommend RG-59 or UTP cable? Which one can transfer better image quality?

I Would recommend RG-59

Probably I will buy some cable to test, but I'm trying to gather the most information so I can not lose so much money.

If you didn't want to loose much money and obviously you are new to this, you should have at least consulted with a local installer. The wire must be 95% copper, or better, anything else and the $40-$60 you save will give you headaches down the road.

If you didn't want to loose much money and obviously you are new to this, you should have at least consulted with a local installer. The wire must be 95% copper, or better, anything else and the $40-$60 you save will give you headaches down the road.

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't consulted any local installer because I don't believe they'll give me information for free, I believe they want money as a reward and I don't want to waste money with them. Here, I think they put the price of cctv things very high. I believed that this community could help me, so I give it a try.

I have another question, and I guess is the final one.

As I mentioned above, I'm new to this. I'm thinking of putting one thing like this (http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/516410735/9-channels-12V-10A-font-b-CCTV-b-font-font-b-Power-b-font-Suppy-font.jpg) so I can distribute the power over all my cameras, is it recommended to use? I guess it is.

Also, that power distribution box can power the camera recorder or only the cameras?

And can I use a distribution box with 16ch and only use for now 8ch? Because I'm thinking of upgrade it later, but for now I just want less cameras because I don't need so much yet.

Hi. No that power unit is no good ...... Your looking at 200m to each camera

Can you power the cameras local ?

No, I can't power cameras locally. Is any other solution? :/

I have another question, and I guess is the final one.

As I mentioned above, I'm new to this. I'm thinking of putting one thing like this (http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/516410735/9-channels-12V-10A-font-b-CCTV-b-font-font-b-Power-b-font-Suppy-font.jpg) so I can distribute the power over all my cameras, is it recommended to use? I guess it is.

Also, that power distribution box can power the camera recorder or only the cameras?

And can I use a distribution box with 16ch and only use for now 8ch? Because I'm thinking of upgrade it later, but for now I just want less cameras because I don't need so much yet.

Hi

What is the Amp-age of that power supply? and can you adjust the voltage? use a seperate power supply to power the cameras, power the recorder with its own power supply that its supplied with, if you are using good RG59 with power (siamese) you will be able to get 300m video with power no problem, I use a 12v 10amp PSU and adjust the voltage to 13.2V and get 300m.

for long distance runs use 8 cams max on 1x 10amp psu for more cams use a second psu