wnix

System on the way! Hik 2332/nvr

Hi everybody, I've posted a few threads thus far looking for advice. And a few of you have been very helpful. Thank you. So I've ordered the following parts:

Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I (4mm) $145

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RL2FZF0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=A278TE67X5QD13

The seller's comment claims it's retail US version, so support etc.

Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/8P $380

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XAY59OK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

WD Purple 4TB Surveillence Hard Drive $159

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IMPO5OW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

DS-1273ZJ-130-TRL HIKVISION Wall Mount Bracket $35 + $13 ship

And I'm looking through monoprice to see which bulk 1000ft cat5e/cat6 cable I want to do the runs with. It will likely be in electrical pvc conduit rather than in-wall. I did not see any outdoor rated cable there as they used to have, but they have direct burial rated, I'm wondering if it is UV resistant.

I was just wondering what some of you thought about this setup if you have it, and can offer any tips or advice or comments. I will also use this thread to post any problems I run into while setting up in hopes of getting help.

=)

You will not get any support for those cameras from hikvision as they need to be sold by an authorized retailer...double check to make sure you receive US region not just english firmware as you certainly paid a premium for them. Note that the 4mp wdr versions with better low light capabilities are available for basically the same price...

In my opinion, 4MP cameras image sensor needs be improved a lot, especially for Low Lighted Video Capturing. WDR should be used with a caution that it may also boost lots of noise in case of low lighted. 3D NR (noise reduction) helps a lot to render better quality in case of low lighted.

[MOD: unnecessary rhetoric removed]

You will not get any support for those cameras from hikvision as they need to be sold by an authorized retailer...double check to make sure you receive US region not just english firmware as you certainly paid a premium for them. Note that the 4mp wdr versions with better low light capabilities are available for basically the same price...

Link? Or model # + location?

The seller claims that it is a supported version but I will double check when it arrives today/tomorrow.

Link? Or model # + location?

The seller claims that it is a supported version but I will double check when it arrives today/tomorrow.

Check the hikvision website for the 4mp wdr cameras..

the seller can claim whatever they want..they are not an authorized distributor..which is fine, but not at those prices...

In my opinion, 4MP cameras image sensor needs be improved a lot, especially for Low Lighted Video Capturing. WDR should be used with a caution that it may also boost lots of noise in case of low lighted. 3D NR (noise reduction) helps a lot to render better quality in case of low lighted.

I am quite against 3MP or 4MP or 5MPs, to keep coming on the market.

4MP cameras are using the same image sensor as 1MP cameras. They are charging more expensive than 1 MPs. They simply increased number of pixels, cheating on innocent CCTV customers. It may need a lot years to get 4MP true resolution-high fidelity, available in the CCTV market. I do not think it good to keep promoting 4MP cameras, in spite of the fact many of commercial monitors and large LCD TVs are quite limited to 1024 X 1280 resolution (SXGA).

SunnyKim,

You do live in a strange place where "large TVs" are limited to 1280x1024. Over here I would have a hard time finding anything with a lower resolution than 1920x1080, unless I go look on the second hand market.

SunnyKim,

You do live in a strange place where "large TVs" are limited to 1280x1024. Over here I would have a hard time finding anything with a lower resolution than 1920x1080, unless I go look on the second hand market.

+1

4MP cameras are using the same image sensor as 1MP cameras. They are charging more expensive than 1 MPs. They simply increased number of pixels, cheating on innocent CCTV customers. It may need a lot years to get 4MP true resolution-high fidelity, available in the CCTV market. I do not think it good to keep promoting 4MP cameras, in spite of the fact many of commercial monitors and large LCD TVs are quite limited to 1024 X 1280 resolution (SXGA).

Personally, I'm not so much against 3MP - 5MP network IP Cameras as much as those that make claims about how good or bad this or that is based solely on the X MP that are claimed to be supported ("Usually from a sellers page, alone"). Without any attempt or need to verify what hardware is actually in these devices. Including camera sensors, CPU's, DSP and so on.

Sure miss the days where someone took the time to do a tear-down and get to the meat and potatoes of what hardware is used inside a Network IP Camera vs. only reading a spec sheet that the seller supplies.

These days, it seems more about the "Deal". It's not important if the device can ever be updated firmware wise. It's not even important if one can really truly get X MP out of a camera. Nothing seems to exceed the need for the "Deal". Which amazes me, since generally these devices are used for security. Go figure!

Don

Personally, I'm not so much against 3MP - 5MP network IP Cameras as much as those that make claims about how good or bad this or that is based solely on the X MP that are claimed to be supported ("Usually from a sellers page, alone"). Without any attempt or need to verify what hardware is actually in these devices. Including camera sensors, CPU's, DSP and so on.

Sure miss the days where someone took the time to do a tear-down and get to the meat and potatoes of what hardware is used inside a Network IP Camera vs. only reading a spec sheet that the seller supplies.

These days, it seems more about the "Deal". It's not important if the device can ever be updated firmware wise. It's not even important if one can really truly get X MP out of a camera. Nothing seems to exceed the need for the "Deal". Which amazes me, since generally these devices are used for security. Go figure!

Don

IF you would bother to read the links and review the photographic evidence you would see that they support the notion that the 4mp hikvision is better in low light than the 3mp. No one ever said that its because of the mp rating alone. Furthermore, I can tell you from personal experience installing BOTH the 3mp and the 4mp WD hikvisions that the 4mp is superior in low light. The new 2mp WD even better.

I think its funny when a guy who promotes foscam vga mpeg cameras knocks someone looking for a deal...

Edited by Guest

This is the a complete misunderstanding how how security footage is used. MOST of the time, the importance of high resolution is when zooming into the image AFTER the event has occurred. No one is being cheating, we are not stupid, a 4mp image is certainly clearer than a 720p image. I can zoom in more and get greater detail, that is simply a FACT. You can choose to ignore it but that doesnt make it go away.

IF you would bother to read the links and review the photographic evidence you would see that they support the notion that the 4mp hikvision is better in low light than the 3mp. No one ever said that its because of the mp rating alone. Furthermore, I can tell you from personal experience installing BOTH the 3mp and the 4mp WD hikvisions that the 4mp is superior in low light. The new 2mp WD even better.

What are the camera sensors in the cameras you are comparing? Brand and Model of the sensors inside the cameras please?

Facts not fiction please. Because it does matter.

It's impossible to make blanket statements that all Network IP Cameras which say they are 4 MP will always be superior in low light compared to all 3 MP Network IP Cameras.

This is because the sensor used in those cameras, can and does make massive differences on how they can handle low light conditions.

While image comparisons are good. Camera sensor Brands and Models are better. Because it allows full camera sensor specifications to be cross referenced.

Don

What are the camera sensors in the cameras you are comparing? Brand and Model of the sensors inside the cameras please?

It's impossible to make blanket statements that all Network IP Cameras which say they are 4 MP will always be superior in low light compared to all 3 MP Network IP Cameras.

This is because the sensor used in those cameras, can and does make massive differences on how they can handle low light conditions.

While image comparisons are good. Camera sensor Brands and Models are better. Because it allows full camera sensor specifications to be cross referenced.

Don

Again, no one said ALL 4mp are better than 3mp..in fact in most cases higher mp cameras perform worse in low light you obviously have not been reading my posts. That is why inexperienced users who jumped on 3mp pr 5mp cameras without adequate lighting were sorely disappointed. 1.3mp and 1080p cameras handed low light much better.

Please read carefully. What I said was that the new hikvision 4mp WD and 2mp WD cameras perform better than the older 3mp cameras in low light. You live in an abstract academic benchmark world which is typical of amateurs. I could care less who makes the sensor or what sensors is used. All I care about IS THE ACTUAL IMAGE QUALITY when installed and operating in the real world. You can have a great sensor with bad firmware or a bad lens. The spec sheet is irrelevant. Real world results are. Please reread my posts. Seems like in your haste to trash me, you misread.

Don

Again, no one said ALL 4mp are better than 3mp..in fact in most cases higher mp cameras perform worse in low light you obviously have not been reading my posts. That is why inexperienced users who jumped on 3mp pr 5mp cameras without adequate lighting were sorely disappointed. 1.3mp and 1080p cameras handed low light much better.

Please read carefully. What I said was that the new hikvision 4mp WD and 2mp WD cameras perform better than the older 3mp cameras in low light. You live in an abstract academic benchmark world which is typical of amateurs. I could care less who makes the sensor or what sensors is used. All I care about IS THE ACTUAL IMAGE QUALITY when installed and operating in the real world.

Please provide the camera sensors Brands and models, used in the cameras you are comparing to each other.

This allows their full specifications to be crossed referenced vs. simply ("only") your words.

Facts please vs. words like "older" and "newer" generalized statements, that carry no meaning since one can't use "older" and "newer" to get real comparative specifications.

Your inability to avoid insulting others while you attempt to present your opinions without any supporting facts is legendary as well as self-documenting.

Camera sensor Brands and models for the cameras you are claiming to be different. Not much to ask for really.

Don

Please provide the camera sensors Brands and models, used in the cameras you are comparing to each other.

This allows their full specifications to be crossed referenced vs. simply ("only") your words.

Facts please vs. words like "older" and "newer" generalized statements, that carry no meaning since one can't use "older" and "newer" to get real comparative specifications.

Your inability to avoid insulting others while you attempt to present your opinions without any supporting facts is legendary as well as self-documenting.

Camera sensor Brands and models for the cameras you are claiming to be different. Not much to ask for really.

Don

I am not giving you any information. You dont deserve it. A quick view of the hikvsion website will provide information on the new cameras. How lazy are you?

Its evident that YOU have never installed any of these cameras. Look, im providing real world experienced advice. I dont have to document my personal experience with a link. However, I have provided a link where a user directly compares the 4mp to the 3mp..what more do you want? Who cares about the sensor inside? The low light image is better and that was my point. I have personally seen the difference in my installs as well. I am providing REAL world experience with third party evidence to back it up and you are stuck on sensors and specs..very foolish indeed. Amateur is not an insult its simply a fact. You have very little experience installing cameras in the real world, and no experience at all installing these particular 2mp, 3mp and 4mp cameras. FACT. You are making rookie mistakes and assumptions.

I am not giving you any information. You dont deserve it. A quick view of the hikvsion website will provide information on the new cameras. How lazy are you?

Its evident that YOU have never installed any of these cameras. Look, im providing real world experienced advice. I dont have to document my personal experience with a link. However, I have provided a link where a user directly compares the 4mp to the 3mp..what more do you want? Who cares about the sensor inside? The low light image is better and that was my point. I have personally seen the difference in my installs as well. I am providing REAL world experience with third party evidence to back it up and you are stuck on sensors and specs..very foolish indeed. Amateur is not an insult its simply a fact. You have very little experience installing cameras in the real world, and no experience at all installing these particular 2mp, 3mp and 4mp cameras. FACT. You are making rookie mistakes and assumptions.

1. Please stop making incorrect assumptions about my experiences and background with Network IP Camera equipment.

2. Since you refuse to so much as provide the brands and models of Network IP Cameras which you are making your statements about. It's not virtually impossible. It's impossible, to determine what sensors those cameras have in them.

One would think you could understand that, as you continue to hurl your unfounded insults.

When/if you decide to provide any more ("details") besides using words like "older" and "newer" then it would be possible to verify what hardware is in those cameras.

Don

1. Please stop making incorrect assumptions about my experiences and background with Network IP Camera equipment.

2. Since you refuse to so much as provide the brands and models of Network IP Cameras which you are making your statements about. It's not virtually impossible. It's impossible, to determine what sensors those cameras have in them.

One would think you could understand that, as you continue to hurl your unfounded insults.

When/if you decided to provide any more ("details") besides using words like "older" and "newer" then it would be possible to verify what hardware is in those cameras.

Don

Donny, if you would bother to read the OP and my posts, which you obviously have not, you would realize we are talking about hikvision cameras. The fact that you could not understand this speaks to your level of competence and knowledge about ip cameras in general and the hikvision brand specifically. A quick view of the hikvsion site will reveal the 4mp and 2mp WD models. Is your browser broken? You might want to higher a computer tech to get that repairs for you.

I stand by my statement that you have no direct knowledge with respect to installing these cameras. Your "installation" experience amount to plopping down a few foscams on a windowsill via wifi. Unless you provide a link, that proves you have installed these or other cameras, your words are useless to me- see how that works both ways?

The sensor model is completely IRRELEVANT, its all about the REAL world result that matters. You sound like a child doing silly SSD benchmarks...

I am quite against recommending 3MP/4MP CCTV cameras that are not capable of 30 FPS. Their low light performance is No better or Worse than 720P. They are made of the same image sensor -CMOS type- as 720P Camera, as said many threads. Say, if I pick one, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47534.

A frame of Video needs be recharged or refreshed in 33 mili second for 30 FPS. The time interval for accumulating activated electrons into sensor cell is too short for low lighted condition. How to solve this?

The one way is to simply drop frames, increasing time intervals for digitizing electron level sufficient of the sensor cell. Another way: Increase the censor cell size to receive more lights, thus being reduced in number of pixel resolution (4MP to 1MP, no marketing people like this idea). The 3rd way is Keep the same number of sensor cell (4MP) but mathematicallly adding up the electrons, but boosting the noise level at the same time, in order to improve low light performance of 720P, though. This is the path sensor industry seems to have taken. It is relatively easier to embed more cells into a unit area, claimable More Pixels or Resolution, thus More money.

Simply expanding number of pixels places more burdens. More work for back end CPU. More heat and battery power. More bits to HDD storage and More Load to Network. More Buffers even for software solution, leading to tuning its software parameters, more bugs found. More Time Latency and New monitors for higher resolutions. Employing some dogs to keep barking on, 3MP is better, then all of sudden, 3MP is bad and 4 MP is a lot better. We guess in a year that they would bark 4MP is horrible and new 5MP a lot better, and so on. I can not agree to cheaters.

I am quite against recommending 3MP/4MP CCTV cameras that are not capable of 30 FPS. Their low light performance is No better or Worse than 720P. They are made of the same image sensor -CMOS type- as 720P Camera, as said many threads. Say, if I pick one, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47534.

A frame of Video needs be recharged or refreshed in 33 mili second for 30 FPS. The time interval for accumulating activated electrons into sensor cell is too short for low lighted condition. How to solve this?

The one way is to simply drop frames, increasing time intervals for digitizing electron level sufficient of the sensor cell. Another way: Increase the censor cell size to receive more lights, thus being reduced in number of pixel resolution (4MP to 1MP, no marketing people like this idea). The 3rd way is Keep the same number of sensor cell (4MP) but mathematicallly adding up the electrons, but boosting the noise level at the same time, in order to improve low light performance of 720P, though. This is the path sensor industry seems to have taken. It is relatively easier to embed more cells into a unit area, claimable More Pixels or Resolution, thus More money.

Simply expanding number of pixels places more burdens. More work for back end CPU. More heat and battery power. More bits to HDD storage and More Load to Network. More Buffers even for software solution, leading to tuning its software parameters, more bugs found. More Time Latency and New monitors for higher resolutions. Employing some dogs to keep barking on, 3MP is better, then all of sudden, 3MP is bad and 4 MP is a lot better. We guess in a year that they would bark 4MP is horrible and new 5MP a lot better, and so on. I can not agree to cheaters.

So now your recommend 720p? What happened to d1? Why in the world would an average user need 30fps?

Yes as cameras improve the get better, its common sense. No I have for the longers time advocated 2mp and even 1.3mp in low light situations. Go back and read my posts. Now 4mp has surpassed 3mp in low light, SPECIFICALLY with these hikvisions. No one EVER said all 4mp is better. Its specific to this model . There is NO additional latency between a 720p camera and a 4mp NONE- it is quite obvious that you have NOT used these cameras. Any latency is less than a second and negligable. You keep harping on monitors. 90% of users here in the US have 1080p monitors you yes they can observer better images LIVE with a 1080p camera over the 720 you recommend. More importantly you are making an amateur mistake. The higher resolution allows you to zoom in after the fact!!!! This is what 99 percent of surveillance is used for! This simple errors evidences your BASIC lack of understanding of surveillance cameras. Further you fail to mention that with higher resolution you can get away with LESS cameras covering the same area by using a wider lens.

Heat battery power? 720p run on the same NVR's and pc as the 4mp cameras Storage is dependent ONLY on bitrate not resolution. You are now simply making things up to falsify your point. Please stop lying to the end users here. ANY of us can look at our 720p cameras then compare the image to a 1080p 3mp or 4mp camera, how freaking dumb do you think we are. Please go out and buy one and test yourself. Here is a great example...

In the good old days china camera scammers like sunny could lie to us and we would not know the difference. Come on, stop lying to us, this is the information age, its all out there for the public to SEE for themselves.

Please answer this, have YOU ever compared an image from a 720p camera vs a 4mp camera. I am certain the answer is no. So sit back and learn something instead of trying to swindle us here.

I do recommend 720P worth of the Money. Do D1 or 960H as well. I do not agree to recommend a cannon or missile for killing a roach. I do not like the idea of scaling down the 4MP-reconstructed video back into 2MP monitor display, at most, just for zooming back purpose. Too much hardware/software extra expenses, as said. Being disgusted to hear barking on 4MP, knowing that, all of sudden, starting to move on 5MP/6MPs.

Las Vegas /Bank/Jewelry shop like to have Much Higher Frame Rate to capture a quick hand. Not all the people enjoy 2MP monitors for CCTV applications. Here goes Today's post. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47507

OK, OK. I have to tell you there is a conspiracy going on. Monopoly.

The effort happened and got deterred, as in case HD-CVI (Daihua Started) and HD-TVI(HikVision launched its counter part), and another AHD pooping up. No standard, not comparable each other, All becoming losers.

I think 3MP /4MPs/5MPs/6MPs/7MPs... are the second round of wars for Monopoly. The premium sensor makers do not pay much attention to IP cameras, simply too small market. I expect they would focus on 8 MP sensors for UHD, just as they did for Full HD (2MP). But some dogs are employed to keep barking on 3MP/4MP/5MP/6MP/7MP..., without knowing when to be ordered to stop.

Edited by Guest

This post has too much wrong information for the OP TO DESIDE ON ANYTHING .

SUNNYKIM Why on earth are you saying 30fps. It is not needed at all 12 to 15fps is good ...... 2 - 3 and 5 MP cameras have been around a long time now

Your problem is you don't know what fps mean and that's where you are making your mistake

Unfortunately I am locking this topic..

If the three amigo's can't get themselves together and learn how to agree to disagree; their posts will have to be moderated/approved before being seen