jisaac

Explain this one to me.

ok I was showing a friend of mine how sensitive these panos are to IR. So this is the set up

laddershadowsize.jpg

and here is the picture. Explain how you see the shadow of the ladder with it behind both cams

laddershaddowright.JPG

????????????????????????????

The light's not from the IR source, its from another source coming from the building ...?? That doesnt look like IR from a bullet camera, that looks like Flood lighting or some other light source, even a monitor.

For a completely dark view, that's a nice bright shot.

But you're kinda freakin me out, you sure there is no light behind the ladder.

Edited by Guest

go out there on your cell phone while talking to your wife in the house. Then try to find your shadow like your the ladder, move back untill you find the light source. It has to be somewhere........

i am sure that the 68 is not behind the ladder I have gone out there and staired at the setup atleast 4 times. And my wife went to visit her mom out of town so cant do that. I swear it makes no sense but it that is how that set up is. I was hoping someone would give me a really easy obvious answer.

here is my theory. And I am pretty sure that this is probably it because this is the only possible way.

laddershadowexplained.jpg

ok here is a quick diagram of my house and this set up from a a birds eye view.

Ok so the ir's are hitting the ground (#1) reflecting back and hitting my shed(#2) in the back yard and reflecting back in the direction of the way it came and passing the ladder(#3) and therefore giving a shadow.

thats a good ways to travel but has to be the way.

I vote for a tall spider with bad knees… in heels - - sadly trapped between the pano's lens and its housing’s window. I think it’s dead.

Have you tried powering off the IR?

From the shadow near the trees, looks like the source is further back...perhaps the shed although it looks very focussed.

Is there any IR exiting from the rear of the fixture?

ya I did and when I did there is a really dark picture. Obviously shadow is gone because the illumination is gone to.

Just a quick suggestion jisaacmagee,

Why not turn the Pano. to look behind, and hopefully you'll see where the light source is located.

Just on the basis of what is quaintly known as the 'laws of physics', the shadow cannot be caused by a reflected light source, simply because the reflected light level would be significantly lower in level, than the direct source level, so it would be insufficient to cancel it out, if you see what I mean:wink:

ya, I have tried thinking logically on this one and got no where. But ya this is a great idea to turn the pano because that thing is extremely sensitive to any light. When night falls i will try that.

If it's any help, it's already been dark here for hours

Incidentally, if you look at the left hand side of the image, there appears to be a shadow extending away at a slight angle. You might like to think backwards from that angle to see where it gets you .... or just let the reversed camera do it for you!

ya know what is amazing is it just shows the small amount of spectrum that is out there. I mean it would be real easy if I could see this shadow with my own eyes. But to me its just real dark. And then walk to the monitor and see it. Completely mind boggling

I know this is going to sound very stupid...but... I have seen this before, the only thing i could think of is that there actually is a shadow created from the outside moonlight and that the camera is so sensitive it can see it!

I have had a Bosch Camera in a room with next to no light and saw a shadow from the chair on the wall, there is obviously some light there and just because our eyes can not see it, this does not mean the camera can not!

Am I totally wrong?

I know this is going to sound very stupid...but... I have seen this before, the only thing i could think of is that there actually is a shadow created from the outside moonlight and that the camera is so sensitive it can see it!

I have had a Bosch Camera in a room with next to no light and saw a shadow from the chair on the wall, there is obviously some light there and just because our eyes can not see it, this does not mean the camera can not!

Am I totally wrong?

It's that or reflection, if the shed has metal siding (and it's a shade of red ) it might reflect more light then you might think.