luckyghost

Request for help - Designing 180 CCTV setup( full live view)

Dear all Sifu,

I'm still new in this industry, I'm was designing a new setup for my corporate office however one of my management require which is require to full live view for all camera , project all 180 camera in the operation office.

My management expectation is

-Make sure live view is smooths (i believe require 25 frame rate per sec)

-Live view all 180 cameras ( after i study Live view will consume a lot of PC resources)

-Recording 30 days (i think is ok for all vendor NVR)

Question 1

1)Base on you all sifu experience , do you think 180 Camera

- Combine into 1 Recording NVR + 1 Live View Server (What CPU spec require ? i think require double CPU??? )

-OR break into 4 set (Recoding NVR + 1 Live Server) each set handle 45 camera recording and live view (What CPU spec require ? consumer i7 it is good enough?)

anything need to take note more ?

Camera and NVR i planning to use ACTI however I'm worry on the display LIVE View part.

Dear all Sifu,

I'm still new in this industry, I'm was designing a new setup for my corporate office however one of my management require which is require to full live view for all camera , project all 180 camera in the operation office.

-Live view all 180 cameras ( after i study Live view will consume a lot of PC resources)

Question 1

- Combine into 1 Recording NVR + 1 Live View Server (What CPU spec require ? i think require double CPU??? )

-OR break into 4 set (Recoding NVR + 1 Live Server) each set handle 45 camera recording and live view (What CPU spec require ? consumer i7 it is good enough?)

Camera and NVR i planning to use ACTI however I'm worry on the display LIVE View part.

If you will be using all acti, why dont you call them and see what they say?

Dear all Sifu,

Question 1

If you will be using all acti, why dont you call them and see what they say?

Dear Sir, i don't call them because i don't wish to stick with one vendor and i hope i can understand myself first and finalize the design first.

do you able to advise?

1. Another bottleneck could be the bandwidth of Network, HDD, and SSD.

Supreme quality of recording video - 1Ch X Full HD (1080P X 30 FPSX H.264) need 8 Mega Bits Per Second, as a safe side, for compressed bit stream file. We learned these would place a limit on how many channels can be allocated, Max, to each PC.

2. Check out commercial graphic card, say nVidia, that can drive 4 Monitors per each PCI-E slot of a single PC.

1. Another bottleneck could be the bandwidth of Network, HDD, and SSD.

Supreme quality of recording video - 1Ch X Full HD (1080P X 30 FPSX H.264) need 8 Mega Bits Per Second, as a safe side, for compressed bit stream file. We learned these would place a limit on how many channels can be allocated, Max, to each PC.

2. Check out commercial graphic card, say nVidia, that can drive 4 Monitors per each PCI-E slot of a single PC.

Bandwidth of networks ?

Just to clarify is the bandwidth of networks is for Networks Recording Server Or Display Server ? I will propose Gigabits networks switch. do you think is enough ?

Quality of recording Video - if i propose 2 set (NVR + Display Server) each set cater 90 camera . (e.g: 8 mega bits per second * 90 cameras = 720 Mega bits per second, i think 1 network port able to handle the load right ?

Display port - I think no issue on this part, Display Server usually i will use on board graphic card usually will come with 2 or 3 display port (HDMI/DVI/VGA) is enough for me

If you are to use a dedicated 1,000 Mbits network, the throughput is not always 100%. Even 30% assumption could not be sufficient. You may have to write/read the stream files many times, depending on your system configurations.

I do not think any PC based sofware can, so far, decompress and display more than 16 Ch X 1080P X 30FPS (realtime) on a prime PC. Some may claim 24 Ch / 32 Ch, but its CPU usage could be on 70 % over, leading to unstable system operation. Some tricks can be decoding CIF based substream, therefore increasing number of channels that a single PC can handle.

I do not think you can get the project done - with off-the-shelf components. You may need eng staffs, supporting the project. The project can be min U$ 1 Mil. Just like Boogieman says, you have to consult Acti first.

Dear all Sifu,

Question 1

I have some ACTi around my house...pricy and not as good as hikvision.

Design a good network first to handle the requirements.

Maybe I can help you design a good network infrastructure to accommodate 180 IP cams.

I have few questions:

1. How many floors in your corporate office?

2. How many IP cams needed to install per floor?

3. What is the resolution the IP cams?

4. How many monitors needed to display live view of 180 IP cams?

5. How many windows per monitor to display live view of 180 IP cams?