secplus

Wireless project, need help choosing equipment.

I need some help figuring out what equipment I'm going to need to use to make this project possible. I have been hired to install a camera system at a condo complex. I know where the cameras are going, but the problem that the condos are townhouses, 2 per building, divided into 30 separate units. so the system must be wireless, and support HD cameras of at least 3MP. I want to use 1 Licence Plate camera, three 3mp or better PTZ night vision cameras. I will probably look at both Dahua and Hikivisioin NVR's and cameras. I refuse to work with PC based units. The recording and monitoring will be in the last building of the complex, I have attached pics and locations, where camera 5 is, is where the DVR or NVR is going.

My main question is, what can I use to transmit the signals? everything will have power, the electricians will take care of that, but I an torn between some sort of radio signal fowarding, which I don't see possible using I.P cameras, which mean that I then have to downgrade to CVI or SDI. Or can I utilize some sort of WiFi array to get the signal from one end to the other? Help please.

278512_1.jpg

Entrance, next pic is on the far end, look for the blue truck. distance is about 1000ft.

278512_2.jpg

pic is of rear of the house shown in the pic, this is where the DVR or NVR is going to be located.

278512_3.jpg

Have you looked in to ubiquity antennas? They need to be line of sight, but they will solve your problem.

Can you please elaborate a little more?

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum here. I'm primarily a AV oriented CI, but cameras seem to be more and more something I seem to do so I figured I would join here and see what info I can learn from you gentlemen.

As far as the Ubiquity, they have some great point to point offerings. I used their Nano Station M before for a marina gas dock for video and network, the solution has lasted on the water here for almost 2 years so far. Solid solution. You just need to figure out your bandwidth needs to determine which of their solution is right for your project.

The downside is that their support isn't fantastic and the learning curve is a little steep. You really need a solid network on top of this to handle a setup like this.

If this is the direction you choose to go, let me know and I can put you in touch with my network guy, he's about as good as someone can get with their products.

Thanks

Dave

Have you looked in to ubiquity antennas? They need to be line of sight, but they will solve your problem.

Can you please elaborate a little more?

Bring me into the project and I can help you with the networking portion. I'm only a short drive away.

I will tell you that not knowing how to properly configure the radios (power setting, aiming, network setup) can cause you a lot of grief and may end up costing you more in the long run.

Feel free to PM me if you need additional help. You can probably do NanoStation M5 radios if you have decent networking knowledge or just simply go with another brand if you will need support.

Do you have a list of requirements from your customer? Any redundancy in case wireless links fail?