420friendly

Best security camera to record my driveway and sidewalk?

Some random person keeps having their dog take big ****s on my driveway and sidewalk. I've been having to deal with cleaning up someone else's mess for the last month or so. Today s/he was extra generous and left a real big pile of **** on my driveway right behind my tires. At first, I thought it was just a minor bladder issue the dog had and I didn't mind as much. Fast forward to today and I've had to scoop up bricks of **** off my driveway and my sidewalk..so that when I back out to leave for work my tires wouldn't run over the **** and have it smear all over my driveway and sidewalk. I don't know who's doing this nor do I know why, but I'm over having to deal with this **** every week. And to top it off they throw their cigarette butts on my lawn, driveway and sidewalk. I've had to clean up their **** at least 5 times now before leaving for work early in the morning. I've got enough stress as it is and some asshole is having his big dog take big ****s on my sidewalk and driveway. I want to get a video surveillance camera that will record everything on my driveway and sidewalk. I prefer one that is stealthy so that no one will know my property is being recorded. I want to find out who this asshole is and have a copy of the footage for the cops. Any input and advice is much appreciated!

Some random person keeps having their dog take big ****s on my driveway and sidewalk. I've been having to deal with cleaning up someone else's mess for the last month or so. Today s/he was extra generous and left a real big pile of **** on my driveway right behind my tires. At first, I thought it was just a minor bladder issue the dog had and I didn't mind as much. Fast forward to today and I've had to scoop up bricks of **** off my driveway and my sidewalk..so that when I back out to leave for work my tires wouldn't run over the **** and have it smear all over my driveway and sidewalk. I don't know who's doing this nor do I know why, but I'm over having to deal with this **** every week. And to top it off they throw their cigarette butts on my lawn, driveway and sidewalk. I've had to clean up their **** at least 5 times now before leaving for work early in the morning. I've got enough stress as it is and some **** is having his big dog take big ****s on my sidewalk and driveway. I want to get a video surveillance camera that will record everything on my driveway and sidewalk. I prefer one that is stealthy so that no one will know my property is being recorded. I want to find out who this **** is and have a copy of the footage for the cops. Any input and advice is much appreciated!

Simplest way to do this is to buy a IP camera with sd card slot, this way you dont need any other equipment...What is you budget?

If the infraction is happening at night, you will need a camera with very good low light capability.

A camera that can display color in low light is recommended if you want to better identify the dog and bad owner.

Not cheap though...

TIP: dog and bad/lazy owner usually from neighborhood/nearby condo/apartment

I am using an security camera that you can view from your computer or even 3G phone/ iPhone. Now, I can view my home on my iPhone and computer when i am at work,what kind of camera do you want ?What's your budget ?

I prefer one that is stealthy so that no one will know my property is being recorded.

Hi. I would make it visible .... Or all your going to be doing is still cleaning up mess.

Don't just see your investment as a dog crap monitor see it as protecting your car at night .. Who comes on your drive

IP camera with SD card will do what you need

Some random person keeps having their dog take big ****s on my driveway and sidewalk. I've been having to deal with cleaning up someone else's mess for the last month or so. Today s/he was extra generous and left a real big pile of **** on my driveway right behind my tires. At first, I thought it was just a minor bladder issue the dog had and I didn't mind as much. Fast forward to today and I've had to scoop up bricks of **** off my driveway and my sidewalk..so that when I back out to leave for work my tires wouldn't run over the **** and have it smear all over my driveway and sidewalk. I don't know who's doing this nor do I know why, but I'm over having to deal with this **** every week. And to top it off they throw their cigarette butts on my lawn, driveway and sidewalk. I've had to clean up their **** at least 5 times now before leaving for work early in the morning. I've got enough stress as it is and some **** is having his big dog take big ****s on my sidewalk and driveway. I want to get a video surveillance camera that will record everything on my driveway and sidewalk. I prefer one that is stealthy so that no one will know my property is being recorded. I want to find out who this **** is and have a copy of the footage for the cops. Any input and advice is much appreciated!

Simplest way to do this is to buy a IP camera with sd card slot, this way you dont need any other equipment...What is you budget?

Budget is negotiable. I am looking for one that will get the job done. Hopefully, it won't break the bank. This situation is really frustrating and I will not be cleaning up after someone else anymore. Especially dog **** in my work clothes. By the way, on Halloween night I saw some cracked eggs on my driveway so that it would stain it. I need to identify this ****.

If the infraction is happening at night, you will need a camera with very good low light capability.

A camera that can display color in low light is recommended if you want to better identify the dog and bad owner.

Not cheap though...

TIP: dog and bad/lazy owner usually from neighborhood/nearby condo/apartment

Thanks for the recommendation, do you happen to know some good ones? I am willing to pay for the right camera. I need to find this **** before I go crazy. I don't want to live my life like this forever. I have no doubt in my mind that this happens at random times, but probably around 2-5 am. I am up by six and first thing I do now is check my driveway.

I am using an security camera that you can view from your computer or even 3G phone/ iPhone. Now, I can view my home on my iPhone and computer when i am at work,what kind of camera do you want ?What's your budget ?

I don't have a budget, but I am willing to pay for the right camera. Which one do you have because I'd like to watch on my iphone and computer while I am working. Do you have any recommendations? As long as I catch this irresponsible person and his or her dog I will be satisfied. I need one that can identify them in the act so that I can send footage to my local PD and at least have them cited for breaking city ordinance. Hopefully vandalism if it eventually gets that far.

I prefer one that is stealthy so that no one will know my property is being recorded.

Hi. I would make it visible .... Or all your going to be doing is still cleaning up mess.

Don't just see your investment as a dog crap monitor see it as protecting your car at night .. Who comes on your drive

IP camera with SD card will do what you need

Thanks for the advice. Are there any good ones that you'd recommend? I need one that will be able to identify the dog and the owner at night because that's when it usually happens. You bring up a really good point and I was going through it a lot, decided that it would be best to have it in a discreet location at least for the time being until I catch the scumbag. Afterwards, I can have it out in the open so no one will mess with my property. It's quite frustrating to have to wake up once a week to some steaming pile of dog **** and what bugs me the most is why. What's the motive here which is why I need to find out.

I don't have a budget, but I am willing to pay for the right camera. Which one do you have because I'd like to watch on my iphone and computer while I am working. Do you have any recommendations? As long as I catch this irresponsible person and his or her dog I will be satisfied. I need one that can identify them in the act so that I can send footage to my local PD and at least have them cited for breaking city ordinance. Hopefully vandalism if it eventually gets that far.

I've experience with one security camera product, called Floureon.It is a 4CH 960H Onvif CCTV DVR with 4 x 900TVL night vision bullet cameras.1. Due to night vision,it has good quality image at night .2.Connecting to the internet and smartphone easily,you can watch image on your iphone and computer.3. it's budget under $200(Though I wanted to buy device under $100 before) .but it meets my requirements and a month passed ,still works well for me . Most of our neighbors appreciate us having the cameras and several have come over to see if we caught on camera who egged their house or other suspicious activity.

I've experience with one security camera product, called Floureon.It is a 4CH 960H Onvif CCTV DVR with 4 x 900TVL night vision bullet cameras.1. Due to night vision,it has good quality image at night .2.Connecting to the internet and smartphone easily,you can watch image on your iphone and computer.3. it's budget under $200(Though I wanted to buy device under $100 before) .but it meets my requirements and a month passed ,still works well for me . Most of our neighbors appreciate us having the cameras and several have come over to see if we caught on camera who egged their house or other suspicious activity.

960h is junk and is half the resolution of 720p, and a quarter of 1080p. It should NEVER be installed in 2015. Ever.

960h is junk and is half the resolution of 720p, and a quarter of 1080p. It should NEVER be installed in 2015. Ever.

I agree to"longstory". 960H has become very cheap & worth of your every cent... You do not need HighEnd IP Cameras. You do not need to bring on Cannon when you need to skill a roach. Why pay more?

I agree to"longstory". 960H has become very cheap & worth of your every cent... You do not need HighEnd IP Cameras. You do not need to bring on Cannon when you need to skill a roach. Why pay more?

You're funny. I've used both a good analog (CNB) camera with Fujinon lens and a 3MP eyeball (Hikvision) camera. Now, the CNB was purchased a few years ago and prices have come down across the board. Still, I paid less for the Hikvision in 2015 than the CNB in 2010. I still have the CNB in storage and hooked it up to a TV to compare.

In comparison, the IP camera is PHENOMENAL. Combined with the fact that the IP camera plugs right into the same network switch as everything else, not having to buy a capture card, and all configuration is over the LAN makes this choice easy.

Why buy a cannon to kill a roach? Because the cannon is not much more and kills the roach every single time. For a new install, anything but IP seems plain stupid.

If the camera is properly mounted to the exterior of your house, can you get a clear view of the dog pooping?

Does your car or tree/bush obscure the fov?

What is the night time lighting like near the dog pooping?

Do you have motion activated lighting or sufficient street lighting?

You're funny. I've used both a good analog (CNB) camera with Fujinon lens and a 3MP eyeball (Hikvision) camera. Now, the CNB was purchased a few years ago and prices have come down across the board. Still, I paid less for the Hikvision in 2015 than the CNB in 2010. I still have the CNB in storage and hooked it up to a TV to compare.

In comparison, the IP camera is PHENOMENAL. Combined with the fact that the IP camera plugs right into the same network switch as everything else, not having to buy a capture card, and all configuration is over the LAN makes this choice easy.

Why buy a cannon to kill a roach? Because the cannon is not much more and kills the roach every single time. For a new install, anything but IP seems plain stupid.

Which IP camera would you recommend for my situation.

Fantastic. thank you for your input. I will look into this ASAP.

If the camera is properly mounted to the exterior of your house, can you get a clear view of the dog pooping?

Does your car or tree/bush obscure the fov?

What is the night time lighting like near the dog pooping?

Do you have motion activated lighting or sufficient street lighting?

I sure hope so.. The car blocks only a part of the driveway. Fortunately, there is some street lighting on the left side of my house. The right is pretty dark. The dog owner has his dog take ****s at random spots on my driveway and sidewalk. Sometimes it would be by the side with the street lighting and sometimes he leaves his generous gift on the other side. Unfortunately, I do not have any motion activated lighting. That would be clutch though! I just need to be able to capture both ends of the driveway as the perp might be able to get away by going back the way he came from.

How far is dog poop from house?

This distance will determine your lens requirements...

Most of the times it's on the sidewalk right in front of my house.. Other times it's on the driveway so it's a bit closer to the house.

How far is dog poop from house?

This distance will determine your lens requirements...

Most of the times it's on the sidewalk right in front of my house.. Other times it's on the driveway so it's a bit closer to the house.

You need to measure the furthest distance that you wish to identify the bad owner and dog in feet or metres.

This measurement (distance to object/distance from camera to target) is entered into a lens calculator to determine your pixel count and lens size.

Here are a couple of free cctv lens calculators that I use...

http://www.cctvlenscalculator.com/

http://www.theiatech.com/calculator

Which IP camera would you recommend for my situation.

I have used only a few IP cameras, but FWIW, I have several DS-2CD2332-I and really like them.

I have used Axis P3364-VE with Lightfinder and Avigilon 1.3L-H3-D01 with Lightcatcher with great success to identify bad dog owners and their dogs in low light.

Having color in low light has helped to confirm the color of dog, collar, leash, coat, bandana, booties etc.

This level of detail comes at a high price though...

I have used Axis P3364-VE with Lightfinder and Avigilon 1.3L-H3-D01 with Lightcatcher with great success to identify bad dog owners and their dogs in low light.

Having color in low light has helped to confirm the color of dog, collar, leash, coat, bandana, booties etc.

This level of detail comes at a high price though...

Yikes, yeah the Axis I'm sure is much better than the Hikvision I mentioned. But then again the Hikvision is 1/6 the price.

The average condo/apartment has many dogs.

These dogs have multiple bad/lazy owners that have the task of walking the dog daily.

The dog does not change, but the bad/lazy owner might be the partner, brother, sister, cousin, roommate etc.

I have found that color is the easiest way to narrow down and identify the dog in low light.