calvis

Upgrade my Geovision Card? What is everyone else doing?

I have a Geovision GV900 card that the dealer said that I could upgrade for a fee. But I would have to be without a security system for 3 weeks. I find it odd that a security company would want you to do without your system for such a long period of time. The filp side is that I do not want to be stuck with a obsolete card.

What is everyone else doing?

Edited by Guest

sticking with version 7.04 for now .. the addtional features dont bother me much, or most people, except the new codecs would be nice to save HDD space, but quality is higher with what we have now. There is apparently a fix for a couple issues they have when using 720x480 resolution.

Check out my skins for Geo if you havent already. If you use PAL i do plan to make a version for that.

sticking with version 7.04 for now .. the addtional features dont bother me much, or most people, except the new codecs would be nice to save HDD space, but quality is higher with what we have now. There is apparently a fix for a couple issues they have when using 720x480 resolution.

Check out my skins for Geo if you havent already. If you use PAL i do plan to make a version for that.

Please elaborate on the higher quality of 7.04 and issues with 720x480 comments. I assume they are related.

H.264 and MPEG4-ASP is not as high quality as the previous Fast MPEG4 or Geo MPEG4, plus H.264 is maxed out to 240fps in Geo.

7.0x Systems have some issues with 720x480 where on the Web Cam Side it has black borders around the images when the source is set to 720x480.

H.264 and MPEG4-ASP is not as high quality as the previous Fast MPEG4 or Geo MPEG4, plus H.264 is maxed out to 240fps in Geo.

7.0x Systems have some issues with 720x480 where on the Web Cam Side it has black borders around the images when the source is set to 720x480.

8.0 still has Geo MPEG4 though, right?

This whole upgrade thing with Geovision cards is getting kind of old. I'm in the same boat. Do I upgrade my card to stay current, or do I let it fall by the wayside and miss out on some possible nice feature upgrades in future versions of the software?

Plus, if that's true about a 3 week wait, that is not very good either.

I really hope Geovision comes up with some better ways to upgrade their software. It would seem to me that they just need to learn how to make their products be a little more backwards compatible.

Aren't more people bothered by the way Geovision handles their software upgrading?

Oh well. All I can do is ponder the options at this point.