socalfusions

How to get a remote viewing cctv setup to my PC and phone?

I'm looking to setup two cameras, one in the front of my home and one in the back, so that I can view the feed from 2 monitors and also my iphone. Do you need additional software or equipment to get remote viewing such as this? Ideally I'd have a nightvision capable cctv camera with sound such as the sub $100 Hikvision or Dahua models, the remote viewing would be convenient for me to glance at as there has been reoccurring vandalism near my home.

I'd like to set up one of the cameras to cover my backyard while also covering a home that has a couple of notoriously bad barking dogs that are in the progress of being documented as the owners refuse to take any action to modify its behavior. Essentially I'd have the camera pointed at the dogs area while it records every bark 24/7, possibly by noise activation which I was under the impression Blue Iris could achieve or perhaps it was another program. From my understanding it is legal to record whatever you can see from your own property so if the camera could visibly see into their home through open windows would that would be okay? Of course I'd only edit the barking footage into a montage and not include any non related footage.

Hi. Your budget is low your not going to get a hikvision with audio for $100.

I knew I probably misquoted the price on that, my budget allows for the purchase of the models with audio, with that into consideration what can I look forward to in order to achieve my posted goals?

Not necessarily to be Hik or Dahua. Any cameras would be ok, nowadays. But you may experience flood of emails with false motion detections.

Not necessarily to be Hik or Dahua. Any cameras would be ok, nowadays. But you may experience flood of emails with false motion detections.

Any cameras will not be ok, there is a huge difference in build, image quality, and most importantly firmware stability between no name camera brands and established brands like hikvision and dahua. Hikvision, even on their entry level 2 line cameras, has line cross and intrusion detection that can significantly lower false alerts. Dahua has similar functions on their mid-range models. So dont say any camera will be ok and that the user should expect a flood of emails..that will not be the case if the proper camera is purchased. This idea that all cameras are the same is complete and utter nonsense.

While Hikvision and Dahua IP Cameras are good brands. There are other choices as well.

I would avoid any Gray Market Hikvision products that are Chinese region codes and were kludged with custom firmware to "Act" like they can support English firmware in the future. Otherwise you might not be able to update/upgrade firmware when/if you choose. This includes both IP Cameras and NVR/DVR products. Anyone that says it's a good idea as in "Ever" to do otherwise, has no idea of the new features and fixes that Hikvision is going to release in future firmware releases soon. Misery loves company, so don't join them.

You can check reviews in many places by many people to see what equipment which is within your budget that was purchased by others that have high ratings. The more places you look for reviews by others, the more likely you are going to see a better reflection of what the average rating for that equipment is.

Don

Edited by Guest

While Hikvision and Dahua IP Cameras are good brands. There are other choices as well.

I would avoid any Gray Market Hikvision products that are Chinese region codes and were kludged with custom firmware to "Act" like they can support English firmware in the future. Otherwise you might not be able to update/upgrade firmware when/if you choose. This includes both IP Cameras and NVR/DVR products.

You can check reviews in many places by many people to see what equipment which is within your budget that was purchased by others that have high ratings.

Don

Dont forget that there are many "gray market" hikvsiion cameras that CAN and DO fully support English firmware as they are US region. It is important to distinguish US region vs china region. You need to do some more research and learn about the hikvision product line.

Also, when using third party vms software, the region is irrelevant as you dont need firmware updates. However, the price of US region cameras have come down significantly so depending on the model, it might be better to simply by from a US vendor selling US region cameras. I would not recommend paying a significant premium to buy from hikvision authorized distributors. They charge way too much and offer little in return.

Hikvision and dahua are super value brands. Others are either 5-10x the price or low end rubbish (like foscam crap). The "cheap" junk no name brands offered on ali or ebay are just that.

Be very careful about FAKE amazon reviews. Lots of IP camera companies use FAKE reviewers. Also, most of the reviews are from home users who dont know any better.

Any cameras will not be ok, there is a huge difference in build, image quality, and most importantly firmware stability between no name camera brands and established brands like hikvision and dahua. Hikvision, even on their entry level 2 line cameras, has line cross and intrusion detection that can significantly lower false alerts. Dahua has similar functions on their mid-range models. So dont say any camera will be ok and that the user should expect a flood of emails..that will not be the case if the proper camera is purchased. This idea that all cameras are the same is complete and utter nonsense.

Both HikVision and Dahua are using the same chip set and the same SDK. So are other CCTV makers. Some can make the exact copy of others. Some can make "Look & Feel" different. Basically the same. I do not think those good brands can offer a good tech service, worth of more dollars that you may pay. So, you better find and pay good local dealers, ready to help when you need.

Both HikVision and Dahua are using the same chip set and the same SDK. So are other CCTV makers. Some can make the exact copy of others. Some can make "Look & Feel" different. Basically the same. I do not think those good brands can offer a good tech service, worth of more dollars that you may pay. So, you better find and pay good local dealers, ready to help when you need.

They cameras are not the same. You keep spewing this same information but if you EVER bothered to look at both you will see they are NOT the same. The image is different, the way the image is processed is DIFFERENT. The firmware is DIFFERENT. Also, you completely missed the point about build quality and firmware stability. The cheap no name junk from china is built poorly with UNSTABLE firmware.

So thats why its worth a few extra dollars. STABILITY, image quality and BUILD quality. You know, the most IMPORTANT aspects of a CAMERA. lol. Its pretty obvious from your false statements that you have NEVER used a dahua or hikvision camera. NEVER. Or you are simply lying on purpose to further your cheap china brands. Is ubiqmicro selling cheap china ip cams now too?

To answer part of your 1st question I use these apps on my iphone.

GooLink or XMeye.

After they are working change your admin password (probably 'blank') to a good one in cams and app etc.