Orion

Geovision ver 8 Webserver fail to start after reboot

I have one Geovision 1240 at a customer with 8 cams. Software is version 8.0

The problem is that the webserver which is set to autostart fails to start

after a reboot

or shutdown.

I know I read about the problem about a month ago someware, but I can

not find that post again

Anybody that have any news about this? (Or have a link to the post about it)

geo.exe file in 'Start -> Programs -> Startup' ?

Geovision main system starts fine after a reboot. TCP server and recording starts auto, just as it should, but Webserver fails (or to be

more specific, does not start).

Webserver runs fine if I start it manually, but it have to start auto if there is a powerfail.

Did you have this problem before upgrading to 8., or did 8.0 come with your card?

I have experienced the problem as well with Version 8 and 7.05.

With Version 8 I notice a message on the screen when the Web server fails to load: something to the effect: Load Audio Server Failed.

I then close the message and manually startup the webcam server. It doesn't do this everyday when it reboots, but intermittently.

I have wrote an e-mail to GeoVision technical support and they said that they will have a patch file to fix this problem ASAP.(might v8.0.1.0)

So, I'm waiting for their further info.

rory: It is a frech install with Ver8. From clean disk. The full install was downloaded from Geos site 2006-03-23.

Jasper: Good to hear that someone else had the problem. I thougt for a while that I was going bananas

joey: Ok. Only thing to do is wait for the patch then. Thank you for the info.

Ok, yeah its really still a beta for a while until they find all the bugs and fix them, reason im staying away from it for now.

Ok, yeah its really still a beta for a while until they find all the bugs and fix them, reason im staying away from it for now.

On the other hand the next release (8.0.1.0) will probably have both fixes

and some new features which will have bugs which will force a new

release and so on...... So when the soft is stable it's time for a new major release I've seen this alot in other softwares (mostly my own ).

I did not see that patch listed on their software download page?

Did someone give you a direct link?

Also have you applied the patch yet?

I did not see that patch listed on their software download page?

Did someone give you a direct link?

Also have you applied the patch yet?

Found it in Ezcctv forum. I was sure I've seen it someware before,

and was allmost sure that it was on Geos site but it seems that they

have removed it.

Tested it now and it works ok.

I have tested it after I applied the patch for a few days now and I still have had problems with the WebCam server starting up after reboot. I don't get the Load Audio Device Drivers failed message anymore, but Webcam still has to be started manually.

I will try a clean install when I have time to see if that my clear up the problem. Thanks for the info on the patch.

I applied the patch on a GV1240 system that had a clean ver 8.0 install.

Hope that the patch will fix your problem

i have not used geo for ages, so this advice may not only seem stupid but may be old, but ..if you do not tick the webserver to start on startup System Configure ----> Settings....on the left side of the page then the webserver will close on reboot, any items you want to start on geo start up have to be enabled at this section.

I know you probably did this already and that I am probably stating the obvious but just in case!

Yeah It is checked to startup on running of the program.

You attempting to help someone is never stupid. I appreciate the effort to help me.

Thanks.

I contacted Geovision and they confirmed that there is a bug in the 8.0 version of the software that will not allow the web server to restart automatically.

The .zip file that someone else posted is the same as the one that Geovision email me. It contains to files and you simply place them in the folder where you installed the Geovision software. If you are concerned about the patch not working or causing more problems just rename the original files and then copy in the patched versions. That way if you need the originals back just delete the patched versions and rename the originals back to their regular name.

My system was having the same problem with the web server as everyone else. I contacted Geovision they confirmed and apologized for the problem. Geovision supplied the patched files in a zip file attached to their response. I applied the patched versions and the problem is solved.

Below is a link to the file that Geovision sent me.

http://home.comcast.net/~kg6mti/downloads/webcam.zip

Good Luck!

I need to do a clean install. I installed over the top of 7.05 and have had problems with the webcam, which was present in 7.05. Also I am unable to enter the password area without the Multicam program crashing.

Any other updates that you come accross let me know.

Thanks...

Greetings Guyz,

I would like to know how to apply the pach file .. is it directly unzip and extract it to the folder itself ?? Coz I do get some error messages at 1st ... ' This application has failed to start because CamMapping.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem ' = This is the 1st scenario.

The 2nd scenario is once I extracted them into the GV250 folder, it seems that when i tried to execute the application there is a message indicating ' No Privileges ' pop out.

Mind I ask, what is the next solution to solve this problem. I am using the Geovision Ver8.0 for the GV250 card.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hughie

Just unpack the files to your Geovision folder and start the system as you normally do.

You are not supposed to run the "DMWebcam.exe" directly, it is called from the main Geovision application.

Just unpack the files to your Geovision folder and start the system as you normally do.

You are not supposed to run the "DMWebcam.exe" directly, it is called from the main Geovision application.

Thank you for the quick reply. Orion. I will try it out soon.

Some of my friends, they mentioned that eventhough they had done some patches with it but yet it doesnt really worked out as it is. What should they do ? Reinstall the application ? or some other solutions ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Hughie

It hasn't happened to me in a while now. Probably will now since I said this. There is a password DLL file that is part of the patch which fixed a problem I had with the program crashing when trying to enter the password mode.

I backed up the existijng version of the webcam program file and the DLL file just in case.

Let us know how it works out for you.