MarkM

Cameras

I am after some feedback on the Nuvico range of Domes, PTZs etc. info on delivery, reliability, support, cost etc, would be appreciated.

Nuvico has some good stuff. Their tech support is good too. Speco/Pro Video also has some good stuff. You can contact Howard "Spytown" . I believe he deals with both brands and has some decent pricing. The Nuvico domes start at about $65. Never had a problem with them.

Thanks for your response Watchdog, Camera prices vary drastically down in NZ and we are only interested in quality performers but being in a price driven market we need to shop around. Baxall is another brand that is also a brand to compare with Nuvico although we prefer the Ikegami & sony cameras they are on the expensive side.

They buy OEM from Asia, its best you purchase the same items from a supplier in your area as you are closer.

Otherwise they would be importing from Asia, then basically sending it right back to your area ... they arent like GE where they have some items built specially for them at their plants, or build it themselves in the US.

Id rate Baxall pretty much in the same range as Inkegami,Ganz and Sony, decent cameras. Nuvico is the OEM range like Provideo (Speco).

I can understand purchasing it if in the US, but not where you guys are.

I have installed 10 Nuvico WDR NVCCHV266NAI fixed mini dome vandal resistant domes. I would highly recommend them for high contrast lighting conditions within the scene.

Also check out Krcctv.com, who have a vandal dome model K-RVDN555 with awsome specs and performance. I have been evaluating and it's built like a tiger tank and more importantly the performance is outstanding.

I've done about 20 Nuvico domes and a few bullets. Never had a problem with any of them. Picture seems very good for the price.

There older stuff was good, I'm not too happy with the new "easyview" series, especially the CMOS sensors in the wide dynamic domes. I have replaced all recent nuvico camera installs with panasonic equipment and my clients were more than happy to see the change.

I have to agree with securitymonster. The Nuvico bullets I have sold, didn't last.