CoolDude

Woman Sues Over Nanny Cam Footage

Not sure if I made the link clickable but when I first saw the footage of her handling the baby it looked as if she was shaking the heck out of it until I realised the footage was timelapsed. Wonder if the home owners are going to get sued also. If you Google her name you can find the video.

http://www.wbir.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=35220

http://www.nbc6.net/family/2551632/detail.html

Thats the first time I saw that footage. Man, Tyco Fire & Security must feel stupid. The video obviously looks time lapsed but I can see where the family not dealing with video all day couldn't tell.

And who the heck still sells time lapse VCR's?

I'd be curious on which of the divisions (ADT or AD are my best guesses) supplied the gear. And did they sell it as a nanny cam or just a standard time lapse. If they sold it as a time lapse I fail to see how they would have any liability. If they sold it as a nanny cam then I fail to see how the liability reaches them since the state should have some experance with time lapse gear.

Frankly it's dumb anyway. My ex-wife was an ER nurse at Texas Children's Hospital. She's hold me how obvious the differances are between a shaken baby and one that's just fallen. From what she discribed it sounds like a layman could tell the differance and an ER doc should have known better.

Yep. It is easy to see the time lapse is really projecting the images of abuse, just because of the low frame rate that makes it look that way. They need a higher frame rate or they'll think everybody is trying to shake their baby to death.

But, how many people had to drop the ball to get this all the way to an arrest and charges and the media? She is suing Tyco also for distorting the footage. I know it may just be a case of going after the deepest pockets, but if not, that would make the parents, the security techs, the cops, and the DA. NONE of them thought to check the playback speed? Sounds like some major breakdown in common sense...

so that wasnt the baby i saw in the air ...??? Looks clear as day she was moving the baby through the air at one point .. and well she was shaking the baby too .. or does speed matter in that, cause i dont have any kids

amd what about the bitemarks ..??

The record speed for either a VCR or DVR is user settable, so it's up to the user to adjust according to their preference.

But lawsuits such as this demonstrate the need for a proper contract, written by a lawyer experienced with the security industry (which I'm sure ADT is using). And in this case I don't think (from reading the article) that the accused party has standing against the alarm company.