Zyra Tech

Remote Access Only????

I haven't tried AV Tech's cams yet, they looked a bit cheapish, I wount buy cameras from Taiwan ..Only from Korea and Japan, but thinking about it now thanks to that info. I have been using Sunkwang fro ages, very good pricing, they cover every range, the only problem is they take ages for a consignment because they have to make them first.

if you order bulk from them then you wait a long time to get them, but they are worth the wait, only my Ganz cameras have ever been able to outshine them, but they are a fraction of the cost and I highly recommend them.

Cheers for the website rory!

Yea, i tried out sunkwang cameras a few months ago but i havent ordered them yet. I tried out the day-night cam sk-2134AI with mechanical filter, i was quite impressed, it was about $90 cheaper than the samsung day-nights i usually use (SDN-520). I've been using a IR bullet from Avtech recently, its a good seller here in the UK, but it never illuminates well outside, could be my dodgy installation methods I know sunkwang sell a colour waterproof camera for a decent price, aint tried it out yet.

What other good korean and japenese manufacturers are there? Just visited sunkwangs site and they claim to be 'SECOND largest exporter of cctv cameras', anyone know whos the biggest?

Ir Bullets never really illuminate outside well. At the least they will see a person if they come within a certain distance, but all manufacturer claims of distances are overrated and generally for indoors or something like a hallway. I only use Extreme CCTV IR when needing IR now, after struggling with IR bullets a couple years ago. Now that said, I use the bullets, and if they have IR so be it, but not the day night versions, just the B/W. But I dont sell them anymore. Reason being i have never seen a good image on any brands day night bullet camera, most of the time it is an exview only with some IR, and the color is always off.

I think Sunkwang makes some of Provideo's products. Provideo generally just buys different Asian products and relables them. Either way their Bullets do last pretty well, and give a better image compared to other companies. They are also a little more expensive though, then say eclipse or COP for eg.

I have a client who is interested in viewing his cameras remotely and nothing else. He doensn't want or need the recording capabilities.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Use a Single or up to quad based video encoders for doing viewing only and no recording.

Actually the 2134 cam from Sunkwang is a bucket of poo! and I sell it.. well used too, they have actually been faulty, which is rare from Sunkwang, Sunkwang are actually the third biggest exporter of cameras worls wide and one of the biggest security product companies in the world, they made the top 15 list for the 50 biggest and financially succesfull compinies in security in a recent report in a security mag I read.

Ganz is the second biggest and Panasonic the biggest... the 2134 sucks but Sunkwang have admitted this and what they did to fix it was awaesome, they lowered the price of the new 2154 day nighter to less than the 2134 and made it fully digital with on screen display and prgramable multiple light zones.. It is quite nifty, even comes close to the Ganz now..

In my opinion the best cameras to buy are

Ikegami... they last for ever have multiple chipset sizes and the picture is awesome.

Sanyo... The highest TV lines out there.. awesome cameras and some nice features, but a bit overpriced..

Ganz... Following in Ikegami's footsteps, Ganz is inexpensive but high end Japanese, for wholesalers who dont want failures.. you cant go past Ganz.. they are without doubt the easiest company to deal with that we have ever dealt with.

Sunkwang is the best of the korean gear, it is insanely cheap and most of the smaller wholesalers use their products and re-badge them.. Sunkwang sucks with turn around times though and it can take a month to get your product but they are the majority of the cams we sell.

Samsung Techwin... Bottom end but ohhh so inexpensive, this mob does not make the cameras but they import some of the best lower end cams and are close to Sunkwangs prices, and being samsung they are easy to sell wiht a brand name.. must admit it sounds better than Sunkwang but a high failure rate.

Samsung Electronics.. the higher end Samsung and the real deal. this is a true manufactorer and the products are as reliable and as good as Sunkwang but are slightly more expensive, however the logo does sell and they come in nice box's with good manuals and nice brochures but the price is a bit of an issue.

i think you are talking more about products for your side of the world, sunkwang is asian and no US installers are going to buy them. Sanyo is ok, but having used their 520TVL cameras, not worth it, it is digitally enhanced, so the image is not always that great; its just like using paint shop pro and using the sharpen feature. Ganz is too expensive on this side of the world, and not any better than GE or Phillips, which end up costing much less. Samsung, well they are cheap, in the range of Sanyo, i have used a few of their cameras also, other people bought them and had me install them, they work, as will any brand, but not impressed.

In other words, different side of the world, different prices and different markets.

Rory

Very wrong Rory... as shown before Sunkwang sells to many US companies.. I do not think you realise that 95% of all security cams and DVR boards whether for standalone or PC come from Asia.. Provideo and many others sell Sunkwang under other names..as for Samsung.. agreed they are cheap... Sanyo is one of the best cams in the world 520 TVLine, when I meant fatures I wasn't talking about their wanky tracking or zoom features, I was more talking of thier wide dynamic filtering and phase shift as well as the largest TV lines available and RS232 connections and progammable backlight settings via zones.. I would not class Sanyo as cheap...I know what your opinion is of anything that comes from Asia but you are wrong, Sunkwang is #3 in the world and most of its sales are to the US just under other names..like pro video etc.

I admit the new Dinion from phillips with 64 Bit gives good colour images but it is not worth the price nor is the GE range..which also comes from Asia

I agree prices may be different but Ganz is the second biggets.. and they should not be that expensive.. there are but a few manufactorers if any in the US most of it comes from Asia..whether you wish to admit it or not.. kalatel DVR is made in Asia then assembled in the US so they can say made in the US but this is not really correct.. as far as I can say .. japanese cams seem to be the go.. Ikegami, Ganz, Panasonic etc etc theres your big three high end guys!!

Actually, Kalatel Cameras, say they are made in Asia, so I dont disupute that, that means they design them in the US and have a cheaper company in Asia put them together. You can email them yourself if you think their DVRs are made in Asia, but they have on them, MADE IN USA.

As for the hardware GE uses, Power PC is a US Corporation, IBM:

IBM Corporation

1133 Westchester Avenue

White Plains, New York 10604

United States

I have used Sanyo Cameras, and GE (kalatel) Cam Plus cameras are much better. Phillips is number 2 next to them.

I really dont care where they are made, but the quality of them does matter, as well as warranty and, much more. I live near the US, so I will buy USA, regardless of where their memory chips are made.

Ikegami is not even a player here.

Rory

Oh yeah, i used a Panasonic also, and it was not even as good as the Phillips I have used, and it was specifically for a front door, specked out by a US company!

Phillips is actually the biggest seller from distributors in Florida, but that doesnt mean it is the best

Bull****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The IBM facility in White Plains is no more than a Accounting office for their worldwide operations, BELIEVE ME, I know, I worked for them for 2 years.

Their Manufacturing Facilities are in Malasia, the only thing that they "used" to build in NY was the Thinkpad and the Netvista PC'S, which where located in Fiskill, NY, about an hour north.

The only thing that they build in NY now is high end mainframes and servers!

almost every major corporation has a manufacturing plant in another country, where ever it is the cheapest to build the product, that doesnt mean it is not designed in country. Take India for example, cheapest labour, along with Malasia. Only problem with india is the infrastructure, thats why they go to Asian countries

herm, whers the demo

See, i have no problem with buy an asian product, once I get it in the US, it has to be from a US company, no matter who builds it. I can get a Sony Cam Corder cheaper in Asia, but im not about to buy one from there, im going US!