Zyra Tech

Remote Access Only????

I have a client who is interested in viewing his cameras remotely and nothing else. He doensn't want or need the recording capabilities.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

How many cameras? I don't know of anything that's cost-effective that's cheaper than a stand alone "el cheapo" DVR

I'm looking at a Phillips unit right now. PB-NETSVR6 I'll have to use two.

What's a decent "el cheapo" DVR and about what do they cost?

Well, I, for example, sell one unit that's a Stand Alone DVR, 16 port, with remote access, and a hard drive. It's actually a Stand alone DVR that's no name brand, but to my experience, they are very relaiable.

and also cheaper than going the Phillips route, since it looks like you'll need either 2 static ip's or network them together with a router

here's a link:

http://www.yoko-tech.com/2product/YK-9616.php

If you need more info, or a demo, e-mail me

12 cameras...

Kalatel has a 12 camera Remote Phone Device, direct point to point, but you only can view 1 camera and audio at a time.

OZ Vision does 12 also. TeleEye, etc, Kalatel has an 8 camera streaming broadband device here also, not cheap, and i have one sitting here right now, best to go with a DVR if you can afford it, more remote features.

http://www.ozvision.com/New2004/ozline12cs.html

Then there is the IP camera route, just for remote viewing.

The streaming video devices, like by Kalatel & Phillips, Id go another route, as they dont have much of any features, though their DVRs remote video is great.

Well, I, for example, sell one unit that's a Stand Alone DVR, 16 port, with remote access, and a hard drive. It's actually a Stand alone DVR that's no name brand, but to my experience, they are very relaiable.

and also cheaper than going the Phillips route, since it looks like you'll need either 2 static ip's or network them together with a router

here's a link:

http://www.yoko-tech.com/2product/YK-9616.php

If you need more info, or a demo, e-mail me

I'm interested. Could you PM me a price on one of those? That may be just the ticket.

Good timing,

I just got my hands on our latest product, its a small webserver for around $150 US it means you can connect your cams or any input (for example you could put the output of a MUX into it) and then presto connect it to your router and away you go.. at the moment we only have the 2 cam versions but there are 4, 8 and 16 on the way, beauty of this is we can sell a motion detected standalone with removable drive bay for about $500 US ans then add the Webserver for $200 and that means you can watch through DSL the cams and all for under $700, we sell the webserver on its own and it also has full control, so you can network it as an individual item and then control it remotely, looks similar to the Wave Vue from Kalatel.

cool

Wave Vue is mine actually, Wave Reader is from Kalatel

Let us know when you have a demo up, this sounds good, as more and more people only want remote video.

Just looking at some of the info on this forum, very useful! Ive started using avtech's the web server recently found it useful, the only problem is the camera limitations, most of my customers have got 4-8 cameras so i prefer to use geovision. Anyone tried AVTECHs CCTV cameras? AVC777 (16ch DVR) was not bad for the price but had a lot of power supply problems and was only 15FPS. Anyone got any suggestions on using Avtech equipment as opposed to other manufacturers?

AV TEch are great to deal with we sell the 773 Standalone.. cheap as chips and motion detection too, the 772 is the same beast without motion detection but way cheap like under $200 US and before my good little buddy Rory gets on here to say cheap ****!!! its actually quite good, the web servers fly out the door as not everyone wants to record.

We do not buy any of the models over 4 ch yet as we know they have problems with certification for their 12v/5v Power Supplies, and such slow frame rates, but the other ones rock!

TRhey are working on a 4ch webserver as listed above, for a new company they are progressing fast.. I am not sure if they truley are new but had not heard of them before till we got a sample and was very impressed indeed, captures the same frames as the Kalatel but fraction of the pricing and to boot you can connect to the thing through the webserver then change settings on it as well.

sounds good, also can change settings remotely on kalatels, and provideo, but still, for a low price, that is a nice feature.

Well, I sell the same DVR as Provideo, but with better features and for a lower cost, I get it directly from the factory OEM, and we put our own logo into them, but you cannot beat the warranty. 5 YEARS!!!

not the same one im talking about, im meaning the 16 channel DVR-16/IP. its from a different manu than the one you carry.

Also, if you put the Provideo side by side with a Kalatel, on 2 CCTV monitors with the same cameras, the Provideo cannot touch the Kalatel's high quality. Like the saying goes, you really do get what you pay for.

Well, I sell the same DVR as Provideo, but with better features and for a lower cost, I get it directly from the factory OEM, and we put our own logo into them, but you cannot beat the warranty. 5 YEARS!!!

You buy it from Asia? How many do you buy, what warranty do you give the client, do you send it back and how long do you have to wait for a replacement?

I order from asia, usually about a 100 at a time, but I get the warranty and the support locally thru AMEBA, local distributor.

What I do for my clients is give them a "loaner" while their system is being repaired, but so far, it has only happened once, and the problem was not even the DVR, but the power supply that went dead.

Does anyone know where we can get the AVTECH AVC 772 here in the US, or does anyone deal with them directly. I would love to try one out.

AVTECH have good DVRs (4ch-9ch) i didn't know they had certificate problems with the 5V/12V power supplies, i thought it was just because i wasn't using surge protected outlets.

Anyone use AVTECH cameras? i dont know whether its worth me buying them, apparently they're the largest manufacturer of CCTV cameras in Taiwan, many companies in Taiwan use their cameras with their own badge. Im currently testing out a few cameras from Avtech, Sunkwang and Hunt if anyones heard of them. Hunt do a fantastic 4CH DVR with motion detection, a little more expensive than the AVTECH but excellent features. Anyone uses got any feedback on hunts, sunkwangs or Avtechs cameras?

I'm using Hunt cameras since 6 months ago, no complain until now, they are not expensive, less than Everofocus, good quality, better than Everfocus.

DVR I haven't tried but the demo they have looks very good.

hunts website is www.hunt.com.tw

not sure who imports avtech equip in the US, im in the UK, best thing to do is give them an e-mail and let them know where you are.

Their cameras have been fantastic so far, im surprised not many people have heard of them, they're one of the biggest. I use a body camera 420TVL cam 1/3" panasonic CCD for around $90. The only problem is they stopped using sony chips in their cameras, they used to use 1/4"sony, they're now using 1/3" panasonic chips. Very nice for the price though!

all the cameras i now use are at least 480TVL.

Hunt is good though for low end, they are similar to Provideo, ive used both in the past.