mfb1

Dome camera installation

Hi,

I have a bullet type camera covering our rear garden. I intend to install a dome camera at the front of our house, installing it under the roof eves. If it was installed on the eves near a bedroom window, would this effect the operationof the camera,or would it need to be away from the window? Thanks

Martin

If it is mounted to the back of the eve ( ie near the wall ) and is looking "out" more than "down" then you are likely to suffer from IR reflection off the eve. A very common problem experienced by the uninitiated.

I am going to mount it under the eve away from the window, but pointing downward. Thanks

Martin

Hi. Before you buy anything I would look at a turret camera ..... Much better than the old style dome cameras and a lot less problems.

Also look for good IR range

I already have a dome camera, so planning to install that one now. thanks

Martin

Hi. Before you buy anything I would look at a turret camera ..... Much better than the old style dome cameras and a lot less problems.

Also look for good IR range

From looking at them I thought a dome would be good over time in the weather, guess you have to get out and clean them once in a while?

Plus you're always seeing through the dome...

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Hikvision-Outdoor-Turret-Camera-features/dp/B00GYHEG0S