cailun

A tester for CCD Camera Resolution

Hi,

I wonder if there is any tester ( both as a software or small device ) for checking if the resolution of a CCD camera meet what the manufacturer claimed?

Thanks for your information.

Cailun

ps. I just feel too late to come across such an excellent forum for our security people.

Dont forget to test the bandwidth and resolution of the recording device also, you can have a great camera, but a crappy dvr.....

You could get a dvd with a test pattern on it, and play that into the dvr, record it and play it back on a monitor. Then you will be able to check the output to see how much resolution is recorded, according to the instructions with the test pattern dvd.

Or get a test generator, and do the same, but they cost a lot....

I did search on Google

found few

will order tomorrow

Thx

p.s.

Would be nice if all of us who has test DVD or Test Gen

can post results with detail product info

Without wishing to state the obvious, if you want to test the resolution of a camera using a test chart, you have to make sure that a quality lens is used, and in particular, that the lens is capable of resolving more lines than the cameras imager.

If a camera's resolution is visually tested on a high resolution monitor, it is then fairly straightforward to make a test recording (from that same camera / lens combination) and see what quality results are achieved on playback.

Typically if you get a decent name brand camera you shouldnt need to worry about this too much ..