IrishAc

Hikvision anpr camera blurry at night

Hi 
I Recently installed a HIKVISION SMART ANPR CAMERA 8-32MM to my hikvision nvr .

I have it mounted before an entrance at about 50-60ft height and 15-20ft from where I am trying to capture reg plates .

It works really well during the day capturing reg plates but at night they all have a white glare and does not read any at all .

I was told from my supplier it’s already set up by tech guys in the factory and no other settings needed to be adjusted and from what I tried to adjust via nvr options (as this is how I set it up ) there was not a lot to settings available to adjust, only zoom options and the area that I wanted to capture

Has anyone else had this problem and how can I resolve this issue ?

I have adjust the angle and distance from camera to cars a few times but still does not help once it gets dark

Attached photo that may help

Thanks in advanced

9D18F4A4-B2C6-4AA8-810B-6791F8C75134.png

Hi IrishAc

In order to get this right i suggest that you access the camera directly rather than via the NVR, then you need to look at the image settings, adjusting HLC, Shutter Speed and IR intensity to suit your requirements. Easiest way is to park a vehicle in view of the camera until you achieve the correct settings. 

I have attached a guide which may be of some assistance when setting up ANPR

Regards

Installation Guide of Hikvision LPR camera-0514.pdf

Hi guys back again unfortunately!

I have tried adjusting camera via nvr as I cannot seem to view over a laptop/computer as I don’t have the user and password for viewing this way , even though I can via the mobile app (user and password seems not to work for laptop/computer viewing .

I can only adjust zoom, iris and focus settings in one section via nvr and in another section I can adjust brightness, contrast and saturation but even by changing these settings none seem to help with white glare .

I even tried placing a registration plate 3ft away from camera to configure settings and was still giving a white glare and could just about make a registration out and that was just 3ft away .

I noticed there seems to be a beam of white beam of light the comes from this camera which can be seen from another camera I have mounted which seems to be interfering with the registration plates at night , I understand there are settings I can edit over a lepton but how can I access this if I have not the user/password 

I will attach some photos and one of the beam of light which can be seen from another camera .

I hope someone can shed some light on this case and hopefully I can resolve it once and for all 

Thanks in advanced 

SADP tool is useful although you could turn on virtual host if your struggling, this allows you to access the camera direct through the address of the recorder, see link for more info

https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/threads/tutorial-using-a-hikvision-nvrs-virtual-host-feature.610/

Although username and password will still be required. 

On the newer recorder firmware there is an option to set a generic ipc password then you can sync password with recorder which will change all your cameras to the password you have defined. This could be your potential way round the issue.

Hi.. your image is good but it looks like you did not setup your region this can only be done on first setup

if your in uk or Ireland you should of set to uki 2 as plates are reflective and you need smart IR and not full as it shows in your image

are you connected direct to nvr or a router or switch

Thanks for all your replies . Cameras connected directly to nvr and viewing over mobile app but having issues trying to view over laptop to configure settings as previous posts have suggested that i need to do . Can anyone point me what is wrong here and what i need to do to be able to configure these cameras , on nvr it says nvr and cameras are online but having trouble at this step below . Computer is in the same room as nvr and is on the same wifi router

1556052644409.png

image.png

Hi Irish

First of all forget accessing settings with Ivms, options can vary between versions and recorders. To configure you need to use internet explorer. 

It looks as if your trying to access your cameras on a different subnet, it is likely although without confirmation from yourself you are using the Plug and play recorder with the cameras connected to the ports on the back. There is no connection between these ports and the core network.

Easiest way to access these is to login to the recorder and enable virtual host as I have suggested before, this will allow a route through the recorder to access these cameras.

More complex option is to note down the IP address of the camera in question, use an Ethernet cable from your pc to a spare port on the back of the recorder, if none spare just remove a camera(not the lpr camera) then plug in your laptop. Manually set your IP address to something in the same subnet as the cameras eg 192.168.254.200. Then type the IP address of the lpr camera in the address bar. This should get you to the login page.

I Thanks for the reply sir lenscelot 

I actually tired one more time connecting today via laptop and imvs 4200 and got the cameras displaying . 

I was able to do basic image adjustments but nothing that helped me improve nighttime image , I have attached some screenshots of what I was able to adjust and how far I got . 

Am I any closer to resolving this issue or am I just going around in circles???

I have more images if required but could only insert two due to the image size 

CE62D8C5-EAC3-4A76-A810-DA36D59C354A.png

13F8BBA7-1F9F-4717-8B58-2FAB9226CEE5.png

Hi Irish 

As I said, you need to access the camera via internet explorer, then you will have greater luck with this camera, there are far more adjustments that can be made. 

So can you detail me what exactly I need to do , and what ip do I need (where to find it )

Do I need to download another application 

thank you for your quick response and help so far it is much appreciated 

Hi irish

So easiest way is to enable virtual host, use the link to the guide I sent you. Login to your recorder by typing it’s IP address in the address bar of internet explorer remembering to start with http://

Then enable virtual host, once enabled if you head to the camera management section you should see a web link beside all the cameras, select the npr camera. Then login via the browser. You need to head over then to the image settings and advanced. From there you should be able to adjust IR making sure smart IR is enabled. Also look at shutter speed and HLC if available, use the other guide I sent you on recommended settings.