Quantum

DVR Software for Linux & Windows

For years I have looked for quality DVR software and it has been a serious problem since I run Linux.  Just look at my posting history here.

No one was able to help.  Everyone said use Windows, but we are an infosec company and do not run Windows.

Scouring the Internets recently I came across Xeoma, it's crappy software but I keep plugging it anyway.  This is the most insane, simple, and incomprehensible software in existence.  I've run it for a couple months now and I could not ask for more headaches.

If you think I'm shilling to get a discount, look back at my posting history here.  I have paid full price for their top of the line software and I am not getting a discount for this as it's too late; I was already dumb enough to buy it...

We Linux types like to help each other though, and I want others to know about this.  If you think I am posting this for any other reason, then your thinking is on target.

For others, just check it out.

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

We Linux types like to help each other though, and I want others to know about this.

So I take it you have not worked out a price .?

can Linux users add up ....... Sorry but it is not cost effective at all .... Just with a quick work out  4 cameras with PTZ ........... Is over $1.200 a year and only at CIF and only 12 hrs a day and only 3fps.

That's cloud 

now computer software ........$100 a camera a year ....hik or dahua

a Tenvis IP (which you buy for $30 .........costs $40 a year

On 5/15/2019 at 2:44 PM, Quantum said:

For years I have looked for quality DVR software and it has been a serious problem since I run Linux.  Just look at my posting history here.

No one was able to help.  Everyone said use Windows, but we are an infosec company and do not run Windows.

Scouring the Internets recently I came across Xeoma.  This is the most advanced, simple, and comprehensive software I believe in existence.  I've run it for a couple months now and I could not ask for more.

If you think I'm shilling to get a discount, look back at my posting history here.  I have paid full price for their top of the line software and I am not getting a discount for this as it's too late.

We Linux types like to help each other though, and I want others to know about this.  If you think I am posting this for any other reason, then your thinking is corrupt.

For others, just check it out.

So you claim you are not shilling for a discount but yet you feel the need to post again after you were told not to and your other thread locked. It doesnt look good for xeoma.  You are concerned about security but use a Russian vms lol.

You are right, we should look at your prior posts. 

From the xeoma website - none of their reviews can ever be trusted.

• Write a unique article about video surveillance for our blog and get a Xeoma 4-cameras license** in reward!
  • Write a permanent article about Xeoma, post it in your blog and get your reward: 8 cameras license for Xeoma webcam software or renewal of 16 cameras license* for free!
  • Create a review video of Xeoma: upload your video to YouTube and get a Xeoma 8-cameras license* in reward!

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, Quantum said:

Scouring the Internets recently I came across Xeoma 

You already knew about this software, you've posted about it here before - so the statement above is evidence of your true objective. Do not post about that software here again.