313-313

night club camera installation

Hello,

I have never done a install in a night club. And was curious to know what cameras would be ideal in a low light installation.

thanks

night club sometimes we have to think about customer privacy. most customer don like under observation env. go with night vision camera. there is a type of night vision camera that you will never see the LED beam light but i have forgotten the name.... try to check out with your suplier.

I wouldnt worry about what the customer thinks about the cameras. I have done quite a few bar/nightclubs and I have had many of the owners say that there is an increase in buisness after word gets out a system was installed. People feel safer. You have lots of different options as far as cameras. On midrange budgets I have used the Nuvico NVCC-HW3895IR36N-D. It's a pretty decent camera for the price. Make sure you use a good dvr or capture card. I always use 30fps on each channel for applications like that because there is alot of motion.

GSS. do you really need a that camera with ir cut filter. what about this particular model NVCC-W28IR12N. Do you think black and white cameras will be better?

I think having crisp color images is very important so I tend to not use b/w. The model you posted really is not suitable for a nightclub in my opinion. It only has 380 tv line of resolution which will not look very crip. Plus utilizing A IR cut filter really helps the image in night mode tremendously. I'm a strong believer in quailty over quantity. I have turned away work because customers dont want to spend the money to get what they need and I wont put my name on half ass work. In an office application or somthing low risk not alot of motion the model you posted would be ok but for a nightclub you have low light conditions with lots of movement. I think its a no brainer.

Havent had any luck with color cameras(nor low light color cameras including all chips and manus) in the nightclubs and bars down here, stick with BW, it will be a better crisper quality image and unlesss it is pitch dark it is a guaranteed image ..

If it ever gets enough light for color mode then you could use a True Day Night camera, but still their BW level doesnt match a true BW camera.

Well I guess everyone has their preferences. I have never had a problem with a day/night cam and from my expierences they preform great.

Does not need to be a low light situation, you could use IR lighting with a IR sensitive cam, b&w probably,lots of light for the camera, but invisble to the customers.

GSS, keep in mind that while color is nice, BW is actully better for low light situations. The human eye works off of contrast. Color provides great contrast with good lighting, but BW will give much better contrast in lower lighting situations.

Lol I'm well aware. Any good day/night cam is going to switch to b/w anyway in a low light situation. So I dont see what you guys are talking about.

The B/W mode on even a True Day Night Camera is not as good as a B/W camera .. ive Tested several high end Day Nights side by side in the similar low light situations and they do not match even a budget BW camera for quality in low light to almost no light. Which is why i mentioned unless you need color (most clubs dont at least not indoors) then best to stick with a B/W camera.

That said I havent tesed the 1/2" Day Nights, but then as they only come in Box cameras and most of the clubs down here dont want them around the clubs (besides in the car park).

how would the flashing light play a role in the type of lens that I could use if I install B/W cameras? I doubt there will be any varitions in lights other than flashing lights. Do you think manual iris lenses would be alright?