peshaw

Face identification

Hello Every one,

I have a requirement for a resturant for face identification.For example a camera is installed at the entry point and it takes snaps of every single person entring in the resturant and saves them and then after reviewing those pics we can select some unwanted persons and when the next time these unwanted enter the system can give an alerting message.

Any help will be geratly appreciated.

Capt.Peshaw Fernandez.

Need both product source as well as solution and above all the name of the software will be greatly appreciated

You're going to have a problem with false positives and negitives from the software. While there are programs that will do this, they are expensive and ment to be a suppliment for manned systems.

Lighting changes, face shape changes (gain/loss of weight), facial hair, etc. Also you will need a number of cameras at differant heights to capture short and tall people.

You're going to have a problem with false positives and negitives from the software. While there are programs that will do this, they are expensive and ment to be a suppliment for manned systems.

Lighting changes, face shape changes (gain/loss of weight), facial hair, etc. Also you will need a number of cameras at differant heights to capture short and tall people.

Not totally true, while I would say the concept is totally cost prohibitive $100k+ they have had reliable facial recognition systems in the UK for many years.

I saw a system once that would scan the crowd at a soccer game for wanted persons, it would actually kick back their row and seat #s as well as the warrant info.

It didn't rely on things that change unless you undergo surgery or have some kind of accident. The proportional relationship between eyes ears and mouth is what it relied apon. It could ID often when the person was wearing a mask. I was very surprised at how simular and yet different our heads really are. You should not trim your sideburns based on your ears.

Like I said this isn't for 99.9% of the users out there, $100k is probably a way low estimate. It could have easily been a multi million dollar system.

You would be better off printing pics of the unwanteds and having them on display up front.

No, they have had facial recognition systems. Given that they still have yet to break 80% accuracy, it doesn't meet the standards for reliable yet.

Actually Thomas they are up to 98% accuracy now but the systems involve several cameras and are incredibly expensive,i was talking to agentleman at a trade show that actually sells the solution, i found it hard to beleive but one of his clients was the department of defence

Most of the guys at the Trade Shows are salesmen, so dont believe everyone you meet there .. (nothing to do with the subject at hand though)

I'm calling bull****. It's taken years to get from 75% to 80% and magicly they get to 98%? For a claim like that I need independant verification. Some in-house lab test without proper controls just doesn't cut it.

Thomas, I am not sure if it is real or not either but this person certainly seemed very knowledgable in the area and he did seem to know a lot of what he was talking about...it all went over my head mind you it was interesting learning about how the iris is non reflective and that if looking straight ahead the distance from iris to iris gives up to 42% of the result, he told me about a lot of things that i had already read about in regards to this technology, so perhaps it is not at 98%...that is actually what I said, I said it was at around 75-80% but he assured me that was for commercial products not high end stuff that costs several hundreds of thousands of dollars per camera... ahy I do not know if it is the truth becaue i am a firm believer that "If i see it....I believe it" but he certainly seemed sincere when he visited our booth in Australia all the way from the US

We are involved with biometrics and program custom appicaltion for fingerprint based solutions. There are a few companies that provided facial recog SDK. I have tried one such SDK, facial recog is still in its infancy and has a long way to go for the kind of application you are requesting at a affordable price. With the current technology you have to have the subject look straight at the camera for about 3 to 8 sec before the system gives results.

I could believe 98 percent accuracy for a controlled situtation, like the for example the department of defence wanting to restrict access to a secure area to only a few individuals. The lighting, camera positioning etc would be set up perfectly, people could stand in the perfect place to be scanned, and the system only has to recognise a few matches, which means it could be very strict.

But find it hard to imagine 98 percent in a uncontrolled situation like a crowded shopping center or stadium, with thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of criminals that are on police file that could be possible matches...