Sign in to follow this  
Don55

Turning off Poe cameras

I have Swann bnc cameras right now in a vacation home right now. When we have guests using the house we have  the power supply on certain cameras which might invade their privacy plugged in too a power bar separate from the other cameras.When they arrive we tell them to simply turn the one power bar off so they can maintain there privacy but the rest of the property is still being covered.

I now want to go with a nvr system with Poe cameras. Is there away I can have an easy switch for my guests to turn off just certain cameras and leave the rest of the cameras on?  Can I use a Poe switch for some cameras and the rest plugged directly into the nvr?

13 hours ago, Don55 said:

Can I use a Poe switch for some cameras and the rest plugged directly into the nvr?

Yes, that can work.

22 hours ago, Don55 said:

I have Swann bnc cameras right now in a vacation home right now. When we have guests using the house we have  the power supply on certain cameras which might invade their privacy plugged in too a power bar separate from the other cameras.When they arrive we tell them to simply turn the one power bar off so they can maintain there privacy but the rest of the property is still being covered.

I now want to go with a nvr system with Poe cameras. Is there away I can have an easy switch for my guests to turn off just certain cameras and leave the rest of the cameras on?  Can I use a Poe switch for some cameras and the rest plugged directly into the nvr?

Hi yes this is possible with both types of system

we have a few system we’re the owner can remotely switch on and off cameras with adding a little device for around $10