Gula

Detection systems

Good morning, I am new to the forum, I have to buy a CCTV system and I want the system to notify me by phone if someone enters the patio, but not to give me false alarms due to the dogs. It would have to be mid-range since I can't spend excessively.

I was doing some research on the subject of wizsense, SMD plus, acusense, AI, etc. but I'm still not very clear about choosing one.

What can you recommend or what system can be more effective?

Thanks a lot

15 hours ago, Gula said:

research on the subject of wizsense, SMD plus, acusense, AI, etc. but I'm still not very clear about choosing one.

Different brands have their own names for smart detection algorithms.

SMD and Wizsense (a Dahua brand term) have some differences.

SMD is a step up from standard motion detection, to 'Smart Motion Detection'. Wizsence is for analytics like Trip wire, intrusion, etc.

For most people, SMD is enough. It just detects if there is a person/vehicle moving within the video.

Wizsence is detecting a person/vehicle moving past a certain boundary or entering/exiting an area. The main term for this is 'IVS rules'.

Hikvision has their version of Wizsence called 'Acusense'.

Thank you very much for the reply. I am between the following models XVR5108H-I and XVR5108HS-I3, maybe I will decide with the I3 that is cheaper. Since neither of them has an alarm output, I had thought of installing a ME1509THP-A-PV camera to trigger a zone in the alarm system. Can you give me problems with those products? Another question is whether the effectiveness of the detection depends on the quality of the cameras (hd, fhd, etc)?

Sorry for my english, i use a translator.

Hi your looking at HD analog

the cheap system is restricted to only 1 channel 

I would look for a recorder with alarm inputs 

much more reliable as alarms built into camera are very unreliable unless recorder has scheduled setup where recorder can change settings from day to night operation

setting up a camera for day is not the same as night

Thank you, I understand, also my idea was to avoid the alarm sensors for the dogs and the idea of detection would be at night since there are always people during the day. Maybe try one of the recorders I sent earlier and some outside alarm sensor. I don't know if the active deterrence camera model I sent will work with any of the recorders.

Hi your right to avoid alarm sensors

going with a recorder with alarm inputs gives you a very cheap but reliable option that does not give false alarms

you can use duel beam sensors …. Both beams need to be broken to activate and your dvr will send you the alerts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sensor-Infrared-Detector-Outdoor-Security/dp/B07BCBBFYG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1O4PM0O50TY99&keywords=External+Dual+Beam+Detector&qid=1660510789&sprefix=external+dual+beam+detector%2Caps%2C47&sr=8-3

or sensors from gjd 

https://www.gjd.co.uk/products/opal-xl-gjd020/

you can get those wired or wireless 

we have used the wireless for years …. Work of a standard 9v battery with replacement of battery every 7 years ….. wireless range 100 meters