narinesa

Best 4k NVR

Looking for advise on one of the best 4K NVR for outdoor application - LPR and Face Detection.

32 Channels.

Would like without POE.

Must have plug in disk drive or SSD option

Firmware must be upgradable.

Any other have have options ?

Budget Less than $1,500 USD

43 minutes ago, narinesa said:

Looking for advise on one of the best 4K NVR for outdoor application - LPR and Face Detection.

32 Channels.

Would like without POE.

Must have plug in disk drive or SSD option

Firmware must be upgradable.

Any other have have options ?

Hi ….. for outdoor application…. Does this mean cameras as well ?

also 4K….. is this display output or are you looking to run 32 x 4K cameras

16 hours ago, narinesa said:

LPR and Face Detection.

A 16ch NVR that does Face recognition and LPR support is about $1,200. The LPR cameras are about $600.

And why do you require 4K?

8MP worth of video is a huge amount of data.

103TB for 30 days worth of footage... that is a VMS solution worthy of server equipment and double that for raid configuration redundancy.

image.thumb.png.70efb3a78dbecaaff5abf1f9df964333.png

https://ipcamtalk.com/tools/calculators/hdd/

Not to mention that 4K is a waste unless it's a $400+ camera with decent imaging sensor.

Cheap 4K cameras just produce a blurry mess at night capturing moving objects.

Seriously reconsider what you want this system to accomplish.

4K is hyped beyond realistic outcomes, you don't need 4K to capture usable footage.

ok. Storage is not a problem. A 2 weeks storage is plenty for me. I will rely motion detect picture.

I want to capture high quality face and license plate day and night. Outdoor application.

NVR without POE inside. Approx 150 feet away outdoor will a POE for distribution to the cameras approx another 150 feet.

Looking for high quality equipment. Plan a NVR without internal hard drive, will add external plug in ssd or HD.

Have some cameras now but will add suitable POE cameras later - the next step.

What brand nvr should i be looking at and model number ?

15 hours ago, narinesa said:

What brand nvr should i be looking at and model number ?

I can suggest all required devices from a brand I know... But the total is around $17,000 for 30 * 8MP cameras with face recognition, 2 * LPR and a low end $2,600 32ch NVR that supports face recognition/LPR.

Realistically, $20,000 total for cabling, junction boxes, HDDs, switches.

Tips for you to get closer to the budget:

• Don't chase facial recognition.
  • LPC (licence plate capture) instead of LPR (licence plate recognition).  LPC just means the camera captures a clear image of the plate. The camera/NVR is not automatically reading the text, it is a manual process to read the text.

A decent 32ch NVR costs $1,500.
$2,600 for one with capability to work with LPR/facial recognition.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:53 AM, narinesa said:

But I only need at least 8 for now and 8 for the future.

16 will work

A 16ch NVR with LPR/face recognition is $1,200. That's a lot closer to your budget thankfully.

Not looking for a complete system at this moment.

Looking only for a NVR make and model number. Prefer without POE since I intend to install POE outdoors about 150 feet away.

Cameras later to build a new system and will look into LPR with OCR to capture, read and display the text

2 hours ago, narinesa said:

Budget of $2,500 ok for NVR

2 Possible design plan attached for tropical weather.

NVR Design.pdf

Hi you say only 1 cat6 for data back to nvr 

also think of protection and bandwidth 

mate you using a Poe switch at each location ……. Also check if your Poe can run a ptz 

Good point on the poe power.

If poe cannot power multiple ptz then local power is not a problem.

I am trying to avoid multiple long run of cat6 cables when I can use one via a data switch.

However my main focus at this point is to find one of the best NVR to start to build my new system.

10 hours ago, narinesa said:

Good point on the poe power.

If poe cannot power multiple ptz then local power is not a problem.

I am trying to avoid multiple long run of cat6 cables when I can use one via a data switch.

However my main focus at this point is to find one of the best NVR to start to build my new system.

Hi looking for the right nvr does need good planning and designing 

1 cat6 with 6ptz is already a fail point …. If problem with cat6 from nvr to first switch the whole system is down

what is it your protecting … home / business/ public space ?

it this a application you would be better with 2 nvr giving you a total of 32 and calling both nvrs back to central point

I already have 3 cat6 cables in place but trying to avoid too many and thats why I will will be installing a switch and or POE on the outside about 150 feet from the indoor nvr.

LPR to watch road for license plates.

Face and motion detection for gate.

A 16 channel NVR is plenty for me but considered 32 as future reserve. Actually 8 channel will also work.

I currently have Dahua and Hikvision 32 channel each NVR with a KVM monitor switch that i intend to replace. Do not have LPR camera as yet.

I can install a new system without affecting the current one. A complete new system but the NVR is my problem. Wants to get a top of the line model thas will handle firmware upgrade. All on UPS.

Again my concern at this time is only for a top quality NVR. Will work on the rest later. Have current system is place.

I do not think fiber optic is necessary but will consider same.

Then I would look at the TVT Ai range

next above that is a pc avigilon system ….. but not with your budget 

TVT 16 or 32 Ai range will do more than you need

but I am going to give you some advice 

forget external Poe outdoors….. your distance is small  150ft  300ft is around max for Poe ….. plus it will save you a lot of money if you just install a managed Poe switch with the nvr

Did not find TVT AI but found Provew from backstreet .

Not sure if its avigilon.

Not making good progress on the Ai NVR so I will look at Dahua model NVR608 will up the budget to $2,500 for the top of the line AI NVR only. 

1 hour ago, narinesa said:

Did not find TVT AI but found Provew from backstreet .

Not sure if its avigilon.

Hi ….. it might seem to you that we are asking too many questions but there is a good reason 

now your link above for the pro vue system

trade price around $120  (one hundred and twenty)

infact it is a rebadged xmeye system ….. your topic starts off best 4K system …. Then you list the cheapest nastiest nvr out there

also your dahua link …. $2.500 is a bit much for just nvr ……. This is the problem with going with unauthorised sellers

what will this system protect ?

I think there is a misunderstanding to my very simple question - NVR only.

I ask for one of the best 4k AI NVR 16/32 channel around $1,500 but willing to go to $2,500 if necessary for facial and license plate functions - nothing else - only NVR.

The reason why I ask for advise is because I am only familiar with Dahua and Hikvision NVR and hoping for something better if available.

Sorry if my question is confusing.

11 hours ago, narinesa said:

I think there is a misunderstanding to my very simple question - NVR only.

I ask for one of the best 4k AI NVR 16/32 channel around $1,500 but willing to go to $2,500 if necessary for facial and license plate functions - nothing else - only NVR.

The reason why I ask for advise is because I am only familiar with Dahua and Hikvision NVR and hoping for something better if available.

Sorry if my question is confusing.

Hi yes your right a simple question ….. how ever……. There is still a massive scope 

face recognition vs face detection

is this a public space or private ….. and you will be making a mistake if you go hikvision …. There is already a white paper on hik a personal information collecting which could see it being banned soon

licence plate detection .vs plate recognition 

with HD now standard most systems will capture licence plates …… this format needs you to have known licence plates already in the nvr database this is also the case with face detection

anpr and face recognition……. This is mostly used in conjunction a licence fee for access to either driving licence / ID / passport database ….. which is out of scope for most installers and users

so yes your question is simple yet 3 times asked what type of area is the system used in will help you in the right direction also what part of the world your in also helps

Face capture and motion detection on private property.

License plate capture on public roadway but do not need access to DMV database - just local capture.

Both face and ;license plates are only for local use in the event there is a criminal activity, the info will be turned over to the police.

The chance of this happening is once per year.

Got to close my question on looking for a top on the line 4k NVR 16/32 channel.

US dept of defense uses dahua and hikvision with various cameras using onvif configuration which most cameras have.

I have dahua and hikvision NVR - one each.

I will be going with Dahua NVR608 which is an enterprise model as my new and upgraded NVR

Thanks all

1 hour ago, narinesa said:

US dept of defense uses dahua and hikvision with various cameras using onvif configuration which most cameras have.

Sorry but they don’t ….. uk government or Australia don’t use hik or dahua either

https://www.reuters.com/technology/us-plans-impose-sanctions-chinas-hikvision-ft-2022-05-04/

your thread was for best 4K ….. good luck on a full 4K from both hik and dahua as both nvrs come with restrictions and limits 

you have done homework on finding the cheapest systems instead of reliable ones with good apps and software  yet not come back on your findings for a TVT nvr …. Well below your budget and one of the best systems out at the moment