buzz427

Why do the cards look different?

ive been looking at the gv-1480 combo card and from looking at the different pictures people have posted on websites and such, there seems to be 2 different cards? is the one card a older version or something?

anyone know?

thanks

buzz

There are three different types of legitimate card that I am aware of,

DVI version

PCI Version

PCI Express version

Its also possible that there could be counterfeit cards which look similar to the real one, but differ slightly.

ya, i noticed that there were the 3 different cards.

Lemme give u an example of what i am talkign about.

If you go to geovisions website right there if u look at the heading "GV-Combo cards" look at the pic of that card. then click on the heading and the pictures of the 3 cards will show up

If you look closely you will notice that the card layouts are different. there are different chips on them and stuff

this is just an example.. there are many pictures and the cards its a bit hard to nitice but when u do notice it, it stands out!

thanks

Dont worry about the images on their site ... theres the Combo cards, then there are the others .. either way, they all use the same software and have the same exact codecs and just about the same exact features ... the combo card is better for higher quality especially if you will use the DSP output to a CCTV Monitor.

the first image is what they look like .. the others might be older cards as examples only ... should note also the card manufacturer has 32 channel cards and also HW compression cards ... may see these soon from Geo ..

Geo 8.0 has the settings ready for 32 channel in the INI file .. so looks like it may happen ..

Also, they have a 4 channel Combo card .. dont know why Geo doesnt sell those ...

BTW while we are on Combo cards .. here are the manufacturer specs.

16CH Real-Time Display + 400/480FPS Raw Data Capture

Video Input : 16CH (PAL/NTSC)

Audio Input : 16CH

Display Frame Rate : 400/480FPS

Capture Frame Rate

- 480 FPS @ CIF

- 240 FPS @ 2CIF

- 120 FPS @ D1

- Single card solution for video capture & real-time display

Resolution Max. 720 * 576 (PAL) / 720 * 480 (NTSC)

Digital In/Out

- Max. 16CH/16CH with Extension card

- Windows 2000/XP or higher

16CH Real-Time Display + 200/240FPS Raw Data Capture

Audio Input : 16CH

Capture Frame Rate

- 240 FPS @ CIF

- 120 FPS @ 2CIF

- 120 FPS @ D1

Digital In/Out

16CH Real-Time Display + 100/120FPS Raw Data Capture

Audio Input : 4CH

Capture Frame Rate

- 120 FPS @ CIF

- 60 FPS @ 2CIF

- 30 FPS @ D1

Digital In/Out

Useful specs rory, out of interest, I remember reading you liked the evidence sharing capabilites of geo, does geo let you store footage on a remote server (where you cant install any software....) so if the pc is stolen then you have a copy (albeit at a reduced frame rate)?

Come to think of it, quality wise, Geo should have a word with liteon, if geo could get the same quality as liteon has on their tv dvrs then they could take the world by storm..... Or at least do the world a favour by bankrupting all the crap dvr makers out there (yes honeywell that includes you )

Or liteon could move into cctv....

Security is one industry that always amazes me, for something that is so important, its full of scam artists and they get away with it because very few people like to say, hey I spent a fortune on this product/service and its crap, they tend to keep quiet... Or they just dont know that its not up to scratch.

Ill check, i know Center does that, but you have to install it on the remote PC ..

Seems only to Email .. or Hotline

Just to clarify, what Im thinking of, is where you can upload the images automatically, all the time to a remote server - say via ftp.

Viewing the images is a seperate matter, another pc with any software needed can be used. I would love a solution that uploads footage live to say a hosting account for viewing later via the net.

If you have an FTP server installed on the remote storage box you can use most FTP apps to syncronize the directories. Geo does a good job of organizing their video files.

I have really been satisfied with CenterV2. I use the Masking option to mask out the areas I don't want to detect motion.

For example one camera has everything masked out except for the cash register. Everytime someone gets near that register Center will send a video clip to the remote PC. You can adjust the frame rate for Center to meet your needs.

Center is a great piece of software. But if you don't use the motion detection feature you will be streaming video constantly and most people don't have the bandwidth to support that scenario.