Jimlyn

Open Cash Register Drawer Remotely

I have a customer who wants to be able to open his cash drawer remotely to view the contents with a camera on his DVR.

He has a MICROS POS cash register system for his restaurant.

I have set up DVR's for remote view but not to interface with a cash register.

Would this be capable with a DVR? What brand DVR works well?

Thanks for the help.

I'm not aware of a DVR that will allow you to trigger a cash box. Usually, the POS overlay is a just a box stealing the data from the printer and overlaying on the DVR screen.

Depending on how his POS is setup, if its on a PC he might be able to setup remote access and get into his POS remotely and then trigger the cash box.

Not sure, this is kind of a unique request. You might also call the POS manufacturer to get some input.

Very simple

Few DVR Cards have on board relays so..

click button on remote software --> will activate relay on server -->

which will open cash box

The customer for some reason, wants to view the cash in the cash drawer when he is not on site.

Thanks for the input

JimLyn

Here is additional info I found from a Subway Restaurant owner.

DTT Surveillence out of California has software with their POS/DVR that will allow user to open cash drawer remotely.

The drawer must be closed manually though making this ability more of a notification to the employee that they are being monitored.

most DVRs will have relays that you can setup ... just triger that using the remote software manually by clicking on a button, or most also have scheduling for relays ...

1. Many DVR supports remote relay, such as remote open a door, remote open a light, remote open a cash box.

2. There are some DVR can also overlay transaction data on video image by working with POS register. Therefore, the boss will monitor the transaction details on video images remotely. As i know, Geovision has such solution. and we can also craft such an application for you.

I have a customer who wants to be able to open his cash drawer remotely to view the contents with a camera on his DVR.

His customer want to open remotely

nothing was sad about closing

I agree, I personally wouldn't do. Might if I had good means of closing it but still doubtful. I only see downsides to this.

Now being able to lock the register remotely... That might be cool.