osity

Is there things to avoid when running cables to the cameras?

I did not find any threads on things to avoid when running video cable. (i.e running over electrical wire, ballasts, etc.) Do these pose a problem?

well i know in arkansas the code requires that you not run parallel with ac wires unleast their is 18 inches of space. But besides that if you do you can get some interference. So it is always better to stay as far as possible away from them. I believe personally its always better to stay as far was and as isolated from any other 3rd party equipment and wiring as possible for everything. That way you systems functions entirely within itself without any factors. (not talking about hooking up or connecting to other equipment)

Exactly what isaac said! Also make sure you use conduit if your running underground. I get alot of rural customers that run their own cable and just bury it, then 3 months down the road they are fighting to find the issue, let alone worry about the headache of pulling up the cable and laying it back down.

Most RG-59 doesn't want to be bent more than 85 degrees or so, so make sure you don't get sharp bends in the cable.

Home run everything if possible and centralize your equipment.

If running long distances, you may need RG6.

Run condiut for any runs you may do down the road. For example, running conduit from the basement to the attic makes it easy down the road if needed.

one thing to be careful and you can run into when running emt undet ground and having the emt connecting 2 buildings is having ground bounce of electric overflowing current and taking your cams out with no hesitation.

any underground should be sch40 pvc or for under drives and walks sch80 pvc. the other alternative is rigid,,,,,way too expensive

Most RG-59 doesn't want to be bent more than 85 degrees or so, so make sure you don't get sharp bends in the cable.

If running long distances, you may need RG6.

Run condiut for any runs you may do down the road. For example, running conduit from the basement to the attic makes it easy down the road if needed.

RG-59 can't bend more than 85 degrees??! Is this possible when the cable would need to run up down left right around corners?

The truth is as customers, we would not know these things. How would we be able to check if the CCTV vendor has observed all these precautions?!

Then, after many years down the road, we experience problems and incur hefty costs to rectify all these errors.