CSG

Windoze XP

Its good to reboot windows every so often, to clear up memory leaks and such .. whether it needs it as often, I still set them to every 7 days reboot generally. Even most embedded systems could use a reboot every now and then ..

I think I can also use shutdown.exe as a scheduled task with the reboot flag. My win2k servers don't come with this utility but XP does I think.

thats essentially what Geo does, except Geo also takes care of the currently recording video, databases, etc, and closes down Geo properly .. while shutdown when Geo is running will cause check disk to come up, normally due to corupt Geo files. .

I would use the Geo's Auto Reboot ..

Its never hung for me .. take care of other Windows Issues though as they are even more important than rebooting windows. Dont ever use the Default windows XP install .. its one of the worst ones MS ever made yet (when not tweaked properly) .. seems Vista is next in that league though

one thing to alway do on initial boot up, go to "system properties", advanced tab, performance settings, then adjust for best performance

this is a good starting point for performance

thats essentially what Geo does, except Geo also takes care of the currently recording video, databases, etc, and closes down Geo properly .. while shutdown when Geo is running will cause check disk to come up, normally due to corupt Geo files. .

I would use the Geo's Auto Reboot ..

Its never hung for me .. take care of other Windows Issues though as they are even more important than rebooting windows. Dont ever use the Default windows XP install .. its one of the worst ones MS ever made yet (when not tweaked properly) .. seems Vista is next in that league though

So what are the XP tweaks? Do I set system use for programs or background services ect?