badbeats310

NEED HELP CHOOSING DVR/DVRCARD NEED 32CH 920fps

I need to find a PC based DVR card or DVR SERVER.

It needs to have 32 channels @ 920fps (30fps/channel)

Any Ideas? I've only seen 2 on ebay, and one of them is only 480fps

the other is 920fps, but it is from edigitaldeals. Any feedback would be

greatly appreciated!

To my knowledge it doesn'r exist at 640x480 capture.

If you buy it on ebay you can be assured it won't work.

Do realize there is no brand name... How will you get drivers and support?

I am betting thats bogus, I bet it will do 640x480 across maybe 8 channels per card for a total of 16 in their "32 channel" configuration. I just don't see that being valid.

Not to mention no reputable dealers sell on eBay.

Funny thing is, even a brand name may not entitle you to a warranty if its purchased on ebay.

The geovision card I just won has a card in the box that clearly states the warranty does not apply if the card is bought from a unauthorised source or FROM AUCTION SITES. Thankfully I got mine direct from geo, so should get good support!

That card you are talking about may not have that clause, but its hard to tell if there is no known manufacturer that you can check with.

I looked on ebay, found a seller that was selling the same card, and they stated in their auction that the card had a 30 day warranty from them and THREE years from geovision. I asked them via email how the card has the three year warranty when geo does not warrant a card purchased from a auction site.

They just replied stating it has a three year warranty. Looks like they are yet another dodgy seller.....

If you want to find out more about the card, why not email the site and ask them who makes it, and a link to the manufacturers site for full details of specs?

You would be better off getting a couple of 16 channel cards, from a known manu, who is known to make good cards.

Is there a reason you need that frame rate? Real time recording on 32 channels is overkill for most purposes (and where its actually needed the most you would usually want FULL resolution recording, not 640x480)

well the setup uses about 30 cameras half of them are box half are domes

they're 480TVL sonys. What else would you suggest? Are two 16 channel DVR survers really viable? because you'd need two IPs for remote monitoring, and two different monitors.

I would go 2x 16 channel .. in fact if you want real time on each channel in D1 with any DVR then you will need Hardware Compression (geo has an 8 channel hardware compression card coming end of the month, x2 would be 16 channels).

Also, you can have just 1 IP from your ISP but using a router you can assign a different port to each DVR ..

Personally I dont' recommend running 32 cameras on one pc. I agree with CameraGenius recommendation get two system with 16 ports since the price for PCs have gone down soo much. My recommendation is to go to [link removed by mod] who has great Avermedia card that let you u do 640x480 or 720x480 on all channels and also comes with FREE CM3000 software that will let you connect 16 DVRs / 256 Cameras and you can view 64 cameras at the sametime... Here is the link to CMS3000: [link removed by mod] for more details. there is also a link on that page to download a free copy.

Sajaan

Firstly, you are going to be hard pressed finding a pc based card that will do a large res without HW compression at those rates, infact it will be impossible because of the PCI bus limitations, the only way you can do that frame rate is with hardware compression and I only know of one DVR that does it affordably and that unfortunately is not a PC it is a standalone box, the only other option is to do it through IP cameras or converting analogue cameras to IP...if you could sacrifice some of the frame rate you could get the Bosch Dibos, which would allow you to have either 16 Analogue (Reduced Frame Rate) and 16 IP (Whatever frame rate you have bandwidth for)...or 32 and 32, this way you could have 32 IP inputs at the frame rate you desire so long as you have the bandwidth.

Be carefull that when some manufacturers talk about hybrid dvr's like this they often add all inputs to the frame count, for example in PAL, if you went for a hybrid 32/32, you could say 32 x 8fps Analogue 256FPS and then 32 Ip x 25fps = 800fps...making a whoping 1056FPS

I hope this helps

Hey CameraGenius, have you tested out the 2008 boards? I am looking forward to seeing how the video quality compares to standard geo products.

We just received a GV-2004 we will be testing the product next week, will post some videos

send it here and Ill test it tonight

It is possible to make a 32-channel fully realtime preview and recording machine, we've even made a 64 channels system with 4pcs 16-ch card, the total fps is 1600.

Here is the system configuration we tested:

Motherboard: Intel D945 GNT

Video Card: ATI Radeon X550 128MB

Processor: Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz

Memory: 512MB - 1GB

Thanks a lot CameraGenius, I can't wait to see the clips. It will be nice to compare the product side by side with say an 800 or 1480 just to see if there is a big difference in video quality (apart from frame rate, which should be better with the 2008 for sure).

Also, I couldn't imagine a "64 channels system with 4pcs 16-ch card, the total fps is 1600" with 512 Mb of ram...... I mean come on.....

Also, I couldn't imagine a "64 channels system with 4pcs 16-ch card, the total fps is 1600" with 512 Mb of ram...... I mean come on.....

Me neither .. i could barely manage 30 channels of remote video at 320x240 (at lower frame rates due to network) all at once on a test PC (in my remote software) which had 3GHz P4 with 1GB DDR and a 256 PCI Express ATI Card .. CPU was running almost 100% .. lets not mention the memory .. now imagine 640x480 ..

I think security Consultant is talking about Ciffe video resolution not the resolution required, it is possible but it would be working very hard and very unlikely to be stable, that is why networked IP cams are better for this as the compression is already done and therefore it is not a resource hog, the same goes for hardware compression, and to be honest if you were using 64 inputs you should be using a NVR and a NVS (network video server and a network video recorder, most large Ip isntalls require you to have one computer to view and one just for recording.

I need to find a PC based DVR card or DVR SERVER.

It needs to have 32 channels @ 920fps (30fps/channel)

Any Ideas? I've only seen 2 on ebay, and one of them is only 480fps

the other is 920fps, but it is from edigitaldeals. Any feedback would be

greatly appreciated!

u can use our

4X KN408HCI

2X KN4016HCSI

4X KN1508

to build 32ch real time DVR easily.

It's a small case,with these cards,u can get Max=64ch(1920fps) per PC system.haha.....

Try the 32ch 960fps D1 DVR offered by somebody. You will not be disappointed, and if for any reason you are, you have a 14-day money back guarantee with no restocking fees.

-Edited CR- Buy an ad, this site is for all to exchange idea. You can buy Avermedia products through our current advertisers.

Your request is somewhat vague as you just want to capture 32ch@960fps or basically realtime. Some of the other factors are color/bw, and resolution. Something with 32-channels at full-color D1 NTSC will need a hardware-based compression card w/ compatible software or split-servers. Depending on the software, you may be able to use clustered-servers.

I use ZoneMinder in my installs and am a fan of bt878 chips. I find them to be very robust and reliable with a very mature driver-code on Win and xNIX platforms. Each bt878 chip at full-color D1 NTSC will push approximately 13MB/sec onto the PCI Bus. So for me to do a 32-ch system means I would need a subsystem that could process 32*13MB/sec or 416MB/sec. This means that it is basically not obtainable for me using commodity-based computer hardware. I would need blade-servers or a rather large Sun to accomplish this.

If I were approaching this problem, I would user a clustered server setup. Basically there would be a back-end server with a massive raid/NIC configuration and a couple head-end servers that capture, analyze, and compress the stream. Each head-end server would have a p2p gigabit link with the back-end server. The SQL database and Filesystem would be located on the back-end server and the head-end's would all record into it. Only other thing to consider might be an application-server in order to serve streams to the users. Still not a cheap set-up but definately cheaper the the closest mega-puter install.