Hello All-

I received a call from a new client for a maintenance call. 2 out 30 cameras suddenly went dark. The video comes through but it is very dark. All the connections are tight and nothing was added to this system which has been in place for 5+ years. The cameras look good with a portable monitor. Any thoughts? Thanks for your input.

Havve you tried the cameras on different known good inputs on the recorder? Put known good cameras onto those ports to see if the problem follows the cameras or the ports? If the head end supports it, does each individual input have color/brightness/etc adjustments? How is the wire run? Check it for ground faults?

I thought it might be a grounding problem, I just didn't think it would happen to two cameras on opposite sides of the building at the same time. Also, the cameras are dark no matter what port they are in. The brightness control/contrast have no affect.

Once such thing happened in one of my installation, I checked each and every thing, and found them perfect, then I removed the BNC connector of that perticular camera from the DVR end and pluged in after a few seconds, while the supply of the camera was on, the picture was back to normal again.

Try this !!

Could be the Iris ... maybe the Power Board ... id try another known good camera in each physical spot and see whats up. 5 Years is long for any camera .. so if they need replacement the client should understand. They could have just got hit from a spike also .. the Power Board issue will also have lines in it, as well as being fuzzy and dark.