RichTJ99

Own a Geovision card? Do yourself a favor, check out Livevue

Hi all,

I am not sure if you all know about Livevue (http://www.bahamassecurity.com/livevue.asp) but if you have a chance to check it out, its a great app. It takes all the benefits of the webcam, & puts it into a lightweight application that works on standalone PC's.

View all your webcams at once (I have 10). Its really nice to have it running in a window on my desktop while I am doing other things.

I tried the demo & couldnt get enough of it. I bought it from our very own Rory. Its probably the best piece of CCTV software I have.

LiveVue2.jpg

Just wanted to make sure you dont miss it.

Thanks,

Rich

I also agree. I find the interface to be excellent, especially in the 9 camera view. I hope in the next version Rory changes it so that it only streams the cameras you viewing, not all available (would increase frame rate). That is not even fair to mention because it is so superior in every way to the geovision Multicam Remote view software. Like I mentioned, i really like the quality of the 9 camera view full screen on my 19inch LCD, its very good.

The remote view software is so "bulky" its not even funny. Livevue is such a light weight application, the difference is day & night!

The 9 view camera setting is excellent indeed.

BTW, I am pretty sure you can disable certain cameras from loading in the site settings (just dont check each camera - disable camera 2 for example).

I would think Rory could answer that better though.

Thanks guys!

Yes, you can disable certain cameras in the setup for each site, but I think he is talking about when you click a 9 way view, that all other cameras would be stopped so you get more available bandwidth to only the cameras being viewed. Its a good idea, and I will check into it.

BTW the manual is here for others who hasnt used the program yet.

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/geo/livevue_geo_user_manual_1103.pdf

Ignore the version info in the manual though, which says 7.0. It does work with 8.01 and 8.02 also.

You got it Rory. I also love the mini view for in the corner of my screen while working. Keep up the good work.

I love that program that Rory wrote. I use it all the time.

I forgot what Geovisions looks like.

Thanks again Rory for being you. A very helpful and talented person.

Rory,

Is there a chance of getting the 10 camera view as an option? I just moved from 9 to 10 cameras on my home setup. I either do 9 cameras at a good view or the next step up (16 maybe?) which looks a bit small.

Thanks,

Rich

I loved the demo, I see that the port option is greyed out in the demo version does the full version allow you to change the default server port of the application?

Hi

No need to .. it will search for whichever port the web cam is set to on the server .. i left it there at the time but it needs to come out in the next release .. since with Geo it doesn't need it. Only needs the port when you are using the ActiveX in the web browser.

Rory

BTW guys i've officially started on the updated release ...

will post here when it is ready.

Love the sequencer! Maybe an option for switching in fullscreen (no menus) mode, less burn in...

Does the sequencer not work for you guys in MultiView v8.1? Or what does the video polling do?

Hi Rory,

Hmmm a business in the Bahamas. Man, you've really got it tough. Do you support remote viewing/control on Windows Mobile 5 high speed phones? Or does your application support the included IE 4 browser?

Thx in advance,

Schwazche

Hi Schwazche

Its for Windows XP only, sorry ...

Actually that said it will work on ME and Vista, but gives an error on start up, but works after that error. I only develop it for XP currently though.

Rory

Thanks for the reply. I realize that I'm somewhat of an argonaut trying tp use my WM5 phone like a regular camera monitor but thought I would ask just tthe same. I know that there is a growing opportunity with broadband speed QVGA phones that drive applications like Gview. It has been one of the decision factors for my choice of DVR card and software. Thanks again.

Schwazche

not currently, but after i add the multisite feature i'll work on the remote admin, then the remote playback ..

Note though that it is not yet fully tested with 8.1 .. and may require some minor changes. Versions 6.0-8.0 are fine though.

Its free to try though ..

Hi Rory,

Hmmm a business in the Bahamas. Man, you've really got it tough. Do you support remote viewing/control on Windows Mobile 5 high speed phones? Or does your application support the included IE 4 browser?

Thx in advance,

Schwazche

Rory does have it tough, believe me. Things are a lot more pleasant for the tourists than for the people that live there...

Since people are mentioning what they would like to have in your program, how about adding the ability to start up your browser with whatever quality you want each camera to have.

That would be nice.

Hi jasper ..

Ive been working on new features.

Its a completely new rewrite .. so adding that in should be easy.

Im actually creating the main Video code as a User Control (not as a public ActiveX Control just yet) so i can reuse it in other variations of the program easily.

Im currrently working on the motion detection. Geo's built in motion in the ActiveX causes too many crashes, so i had to write my own. Im working on the masking part now, thats the hardest actually, the actual motion detection is working, just too sensitive for certain lighting conditions, etc. Its nothing amazing, and not to be confused with the superior motion Geo has on the Server side (LOL .. but seriously mine is basic motion detection, 16 box grid).

Im not 100% sure how the motion will work out with 30 cameras yet, the way it is coded, so that Ive yet to test and clean before moving onto the other features.

Also added in a popup feature for the motion .. if selected it simply popups the video in full screen mode .. only issue with this is the user has to manually click the screen to go back to normal .. its a limit with the Geo's activeX full Screen function (the one I have) .. it basically waits in full screen .. when it comes out of full screen then whatever program is calling it, continues. I have looked briefly at another option, my own Full Screen mode .. and i may incorporate than instead, will require much more code though and it is similar to the way Full Screen games work.

I already did add in a High Quality feature, somewhat; it pauses all the other cameras and loads the one you select in full single view, in highest quality (eg 640x480 depending on the user's DVR webcam setting). Im also going to look at other alternatives, but they would probably include running a separate little server on the DVR that catches the newest AVI, getting the last BMP image from it, and sending me that image. Not everyone is going to select Create JPG for FTP on the DVR's WebCam side, and even if they do they are typically low quality, hence not just using those images .. however this method maybe kind of slow, but at least you get the latest highest quality image from the DVR for the selected camera, refreshed as quick as it can be retrieved.

Im still waiting to get my hands on the 8.0+ SDK so I will need that before I release this new version also.

Any more ideas please do post them here, or PM/Email me them ..

Thanks

Rory

if u r rebuilding this from scratch, why not Vista support?

I was ready to pay even before I tried it, but it seems very unstable on Vista.

Derek

No Vista support yet, cant promise anything for that for at least a year perhaps. Its going to be a while before Vista takes off, and becomes stable. Also, Geo doesnt support Vsta and I doubt they ever will.

that would be a bad move IMO. XP support from MS will discontinue in the not so distant future. But anyway, my geo server is XP, but for clients, you can't expect everyone to use XP.

As far as stability, I have not had one problem since I got it the day it came out.

Oh well, guess I am SOL as far as this app is concerned.

Thanks

Most 3rd party developers wont be developing for Vista for some time yet unfortunately, its not just me. I should have said compatibility instead.

As for XP Support from MS, i've never needed support from them.

I do plan a new PC for Vista very soon, but i cant promise any time line just yet. Someone has tested and said it worked with Vista with a couple minor errors, i can't say for certain though. In any event, the new version wont use the registry and that may fix any error messages you might be getting on Vista. And if I have a Vista PC by then I'll be able to tweak it for that.