Arockerdude

New hard drive and Geovision system now all messed up!

I installed a new hard drive. a Seagate 400 Gig. And now I get lots of error messages when I start up my Geovision software.

The way I installed the hard drive was I used they're software and transferred all the data from my old hard drive to my new hard drive. Problem is I did not remove my old drive for a few weeks. Now when I start the Geovision software. These are the messages I get.

Detect Record Abnormal.

Error Analyzing Results.

Create new file failed- Stop monitoring and then run scandisk to verify your hard disk Integrity.

Recycle Empty

Disc space low (but it is not low) It was before I changed the drive.

And the last error message says please check log location

I have removed the software and reinstalled. Also removed and re installed the drivers. But I keep getting the same messages.

Also under the time and date it says Invalid, And There is a beeping coming from in my computer. I think it is the Geovision card.

I sure hope someone can help me. My Geo system is a mess. Thanks Dave

i had the same thing happen to me, i just formatted the hard drive and reinstalled the OS and the geo vision software. can you run scandisk?

There are so many times that even we encounter systems Geovision Systems that need updating, finbe tuning, drives changed, etc. Often times one may end up with a conflict simply after running Windows Update or updating other drivers. After much trial and error, I feel it is sometimes better to pull the geovision card, reformat the hard drive(s) reinstall the GV Card, driver and software and usually your problems are solved.

Sometimes this is not a viable option, especially if there is evidentiary data on the system that needs to be recovered, in that case contact the good people at Geovision or your dealer for support.

In the evidence case, thats the real bonus to Geo systems, they videos are readable and stored locically in the filesystem.

Were both harddrives the same size?

Did you copy the same partition sizes, as that could cause an issue.

Are the Drive/Folder locations for Geo the same as they were before?

In this case the very best soluution is reload. It might seem like the long road but when all the trouble shooting is said and done I bet its faster.

this is what i do always partion the drive to you have 10 gigs for the operating system and the rest for video in case this happens again, you can just reinstall the os and geovision and not loose the video. haven't tryed anything else since this works for me.

Go to the third icon of the six on the bottom right corner click system configure>general setting>video log storage "set location"

the one with the question mark is unable to store footage so just delete it from the storage options and make a new one if you want

I have disks E F H and E doesn't seem to work so I just deleted it and later I can fix it if I want but it will get your footage in the meantime.

it will also let you decide what cameras you want the videos stored in specific disks so just check off the cameras corresponding with their camera numbers

hope this helps~