Oxide.Blu

PTZ – Make/Model Suggestions Needed.

I’ve been looking into day/night PTZ cameras for outdoors, around my home. I started with Pelco’s Spectra IIIse series as a reference.

Need some suggestions on other makes / models of similar quality PTZ dome cameras that I should be looking at.

Thanks!

Not many domes will be good at day night applications, as they usually wont allow for extra infra red lighting etc, and also may have a dome cover to see through that is smoked or tinted (unless you go for a clear dome, which kindof makes it easy to see where the dome is looking)

A real ptz on a pt head will allow for lights that move with the camera, but they are pretty ugly to most people (not in my eyes though, I think they look great)).

Domes / ptz are only of use AT THE TIME the incident occurs, as you cant move them after the event, so if you need evidence, and are not planning on sitting glued to a controller all the time, then I would go for multiple fixed cams. A PTZ as a fixed cam is ok, as long as you always return it to a fixed point once you finish playing with it.

Not much real experience with domes, my ptz is a huge dennard 2000 head, with telemetry/matrix controllers etc. Its a beast that belongs outside a bank not inside on a old tv cabinet next to a window..... Just from reading, including stuff from derwent, who make the uniflood/miniflood lights etc, how domes can be a pain at night....

I am trying to avoid IR all together. I installed motion sensing halogen flood lights wherever it is dark around here at night. I am placing a higher priority on avoiding a problem than I am on trying to catch a thief, which I would think would be more covert. In the end, maybe I will need to go with IR lights.

This stuff is going on my home. The dome just looks better in the neighborhood than one of those way cool Patriot Missile launcher looking thing. Those things are intimidating…not a bad thing if trying to avoid a problem. Actually a dome on a pendant looks kind of like a light that isn’t illuminated, much easier on the neighbor’s nerves.

If you want an idea of what a dome can do, read the programmers manual for the Pelco Spectra IIIse dome. The manual is online at Pelco.com.

So, I need suggestions for other makes/models of day/night dome cameras that I should be considering. That Pelco is a 1/4-inch CCD, maybe there is a high-quality, day/night dome that is also highly programmable made by another company, that has a 1/3-inch CCD?

If you folks would be kind enough to point me at manfrs of higher-quality ccvt cameras I can do the research. I don’t have the experience to know what companies are high, mid, or low quality…which company’s product I should be researching.

Thanks!

take a look at the new mini 10x PTZ's. they are both flat dome type mount and also on a wall mount. nice thing is that they are smaller than a normal PTZ housing and also look better on the house.

and, do you really need a 22x or higher PTZ? 10x fits almost all my needs..and installs to date..........and the price is affordable

Hi have you looked at vicon surveyors or honeywell domes these are great domes also kensplace is right if you want true performance go for a pan/tilt head.you can wipe the rain of them but not on a dome hope this helps

I am trying to avoid IR all together. I installed motion sensing halogen flood lights wherever it is dark around here at night. I am placing a higher priority on avoiding a problem than I am on trying to catch a thief, which I would think would be more covert. In the end, maybe I will need to go with IR lights.

This stuff is going on my home. The dome just looks better in the neighborhood than one of those way cool Patriot Missile launcher looking thing. Those things are intimidating…not a bad thing if trying to avoid a problem. Actually a dome on a pendant looks kind of like a light that isn’t illuminated, much easier on the neighbor’s nerves.

If you want an idea of what a dome can do, read the programmers manual for the Pelco Spectra IIIse dome. The manual is online at Pelco.com.

So, I need suggestions for other makes/models of day/night dome cameras that I should be considering. That Pelco is a 1/4-inch CCD, maybe there is a high-quality, day/night dome that is also highly programmable made by another company, that has a 1/3-inch CCD?

If you folks would be kind enough to point me at manfrs of higher-quality ccvt cameras I can do the research. I don’t have the experience to know what companies are high, mid, or low quality…which company’s product I should be researching.

Thanks!

Do you have any preference for a specific manufacturer some reason or another? You mention Pelco Spectra III as an example...

How about the controlling mechanism? What do you prefer, local keyboard control or local control through DVR or combination of? How about remote control of the same??

There are few options available from various manufacturers... but I can be more specific if you can answer some of the questions above...

I guess everyone is going to have their favorites. I like the American Dynamics Speed Dome.

As with most domes you can wire external PIR's straight into the Dome Head and program a Preset to go to that area on alarm - This is better than leaving a Dome on a 'tour' as you reduce the life of a very expensive bit of kit

But as CCTV_Suppliers mentioned you need to give us an idea of what DVR you are using then we can recomend a Dome to suit !