Doug

Monitor CPU temperature

Anyone have any recomendations for lightweight applications to monitor the CPU temp, fan speed etc for PC based DVRs and email and pop up alarms when thresholds are exceeeded.

Thanks

....it should come with a MB program that monitors these things. I use them only during burin and then I disable. Never lost a Server to heat. But then again I clean them out every 6 months to make sure the dust/dirt is cleared away.

After they are built and tested they should not have a heat stroke. If your looking, try hitting some of the overclocker web sites as they need them to monitor overclocked pc's.

I think it's the email SMS messaging Doug is looking for. Well now me too actually.

If I find something I'll post it.

Before installing Motherboard Monitor you may want to verify that your mb is supported. There is supposed to be a list, altho old, of the mbs it supports. From what I have read, support for MBM has been discontinued. Whatever is there is there and will be available for who knows how long, no support for new mbs will be added. Hopefuly it will work for you.

Also, you can search cNet's downloads.com for motherboard monitoring and fan speed monitoring for other applications, some paid, some free.

We Use Intel Active Monitor on our systems running an intel Motherboard.

Matt~

other than the typical motherboard CPU monitoring software which I use on new builds to monitor the PC in the case a new or additional fan is required somewhere, I also use this program, especially on older PCs (such as mine!):

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php