qman

Just A General Price question

TO all installers and dealers, just answer me this:

Would you pay $45 for a dome camera, color, sharp CCD, .01 LUX, 420 TVline 3.6 lens, small, black case, 1 year warranty?

How about $75 for a 12 LED, same as above spec, but in a Bullet case?

Or maybe $199, for a Sony Chipset, 24 LED infra, the new 920mm LED's, 400TV Line, .001LUX, ARMOR DOME,(nice one too).

Just asking, I'm setting up my business as a small distributor, so please, help out, thanks!!

TO all installers and dealers, just answer me this:

Would you pay $45 for a dome camera, color, sharp CCD, .01 LUX, 420 TVline 3.6 lens, small, black case, 1 year warranty?

How about $75 for a 12 LED, same as above spec, but in a Bullet case?

Or maybe $199, for a Sony Chipset, 24 LED infra, the new 920mm LED's, 400TV Line, .001LUX, ARMOR DOME,(nice one too).

Just asking, I'm setting up my business as a small distributor, so please, help out, thanks!!

Yes, but you are too far for north for me )

I may want to buy from you anyway, in the near future, to check out those cameras you mention. Do you have them on your site?

Thanks

Rory

Hey man, I take PAYPAL, and UPS ships my thing to the bahamas relatively quiclky and cheap too

You know what?, PM me an address over there, and Ill give you a shipping quote

MADE IN THE USA BABY!!!

PELCO'S AND BOTCH

I KNOW WHERE THE FACTORY OUTLET IS IN NEW JERSEY......

EXPECIALLY THE PANASONIC ONE............HEHEHEHE

Hermin, do you know John Walsh from Flashback DVR? Are your cameras the same ones he is now promoting? Thought you might know him since you are in the same area and are involved in DVRS. He uses a Chance-I card loaded into Dell computers.

I would not buy any of that.. IR sucks and I am betting the cams come from China or Taiwan?

IR doesnt suck if you use the right company. ExtremeCCTV's IR cameras ndLEDs work great, remember i have used them and continue to do so.

Its the cheap IR Domes and IR Bullets that generally dont do the job, limited IR no matter what they say, they only pick up a person vagley if they arewithin 15 feet..

But the cheap ones are worth it if thats the clients budget, just wont advertise them as IR cameras.

Well, I'm not going to deny that I sell taiwanese cameras, but if you know who to get them from, then you would be ok, I got some cheap $50 IR bullet that I tried, and they work ok in pitch black conditions, indoor, outdoor, if there;s minimal light, like a streetlight, is also OK, I can send you guys some pics as an example.

And regarding that john walsh, I don't kow his name, but that company just got busted for selling counterfit Geovison cards, and selling refurbished computers as new about 3 weeks ago.

Sorry Rory, I should have worded my post a little better, of course the Extreeme stuff is great but its not in the price he was talking about infact it is very expensive.

I should have mentioned that as i HAVE done in many other posts, Extreeme has some really good gear... you get what you pay for in cameras, wait till they fail, we USED to sell Taiwanese and we stopped for a reason can anyone guess why?

MADE IN THE USA BABY!!!

PELCO'S AND BOTCH

I KNOW WHERE THE FACTORY OUTLET IS IN NEW JERSEY......

EXPECIALLY THE PANASONIC ONE............HEHEHEHE

can you send me some pics of these cameras too?

I have been changeing out my non IR cameras, for the bullet IR cameras, they need to be placed in the right location... I have my front porch inclosed with white lattace and the house is painted white this reflects the IR perfectly with no porch light pitch black night, I can see for 25 feet accross my porch looks like day light almost. good luck try it you might like it, the IR needs some thing to light up not just air. bbsiseeyou

The bullet IR cameras dont suck, but they dont perform well as far as IR goes (edit: outdoors in more open spaces), though you are correct, they need something to light up, all IR cameras work better with some surroundings to light up. Thats why a 6 IR LED bullet will light up a living room pretty good due to the surreounding walls. Its like a Flashlight, in a small room you will have great light, outside in a field, it will not be that great at all, the more powerful the flash light the better it will be.

You can see that in camera 1 and 3, where in camera 1 it is wide open, with no walls in the picture, on the sides, but with a Flood (30/60 degrees) UF500, 500+ IR LED BULB, it would cover the entire image, all sides of it also. Camera 3 has surrounding walls and a wall / building 110 feet at the far end of the image, so it works even better.

Edited by Guest

Sorry Rory, I should have worded my post a little better, of course the Extreeme stuff is great but its not in the price he was talking about infact it is very expensive.

I should have mentioned that as i HAVE done in many other posts, Extreeme has some really good gear... you get what you pay for in cameras, wait till they fail, we USED to sell Taiwanese and we stopped for a reason can anyone guess why?

been there, done that. I don't know about those cams, but I don't skimp anymore on the camera. It's just to vital on a system to skimp on. I'll pass on jobs if the budget doesn't allow for a good camera. the client will just be let down and will reflect back on you no matter how many times you told them it was a cheap cam. My .02

been there, done that. I don't know about those cams, but I don't skimp anymore on the camera. It's just to vital on a system to skimp on. I'll pass on jobs if the budget doesn't allow for a good camera. the client will just be let down and will reflect back on you no matter how many times you told them it was a cheap cam. My .02

same here

All I can say is WOW!!!

The forbidden UF500.

I've been dreaming of owning one for quite some time now.

I am nervous just having a conversation with someone who has actually used/installed one.

UF500, the CCTV persons infra red Ferrari! There is no substitute.

I currently own 2 measely Lorex VQ-2120's that I hope to set up some day soon.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hypaudio/vq2120.html

I wanted the Derwent UF100 but I skimped on price at the time and ordered the VQ pair instead. Truthfully I haven't even set them up yet and they have been sitting for months. I still haven't thought of a good way to waterproof them yet or wanted to do anything outside until just recently when the weather became nicer.

Those UF500 photos are fantastic! Do you have other examples of them in use (besides the Derwent/Extreme CCTV examples)? If so, you should post them, or was that the only job that you have installed them at so far? Just curious.

Do those suckers greatly affect the users Energy bill, or are they barely noticable on the monthly bill?

I wonder how long it will be until the US adds as many UF500's as the UK?

The power supplies on the UF500 scares me for some reason. Maybe it's just the price. I dunno. I still want one though.

Some day, it will be mine. Yes, some day...

Before you did the pool job, did you get to test it out at your home?

Or is that your home? I'm still unclear about that.

If I wanted one, would it be possible to get one for alot less than this?

http://www.cctvvideo.com/ufserlonlifi.html

Or is it pretty close to bottom pricing?

$178 just for the power supply. Man that must be one nice power supply. Does the power supply at least humm or sing a song for that price? Just curious.

Also, it looks like Videolarm now has a set of IR illuminators in the same price range as the UF500. Do you know if they are any good?

http://www.spytown.com/search--by-part-number-videolarm--illuminators.html

Hi, that pricing is actually wholesale pricing so unless you are a distributor you will not find it cheaper anywhere else.

I had 2 of the UF 500's with a Sanyo Day Night camera, thats the one in the picture below, camera 8. It only has 1 UF500 hooked up right now as the other one's bulb went, been over 2 years, waiting on one now. The actuall bulb is not that expensive.

The power supply I am using is a Dual UF500 power supply, it has a built in Photo cell so it only turns on in the dark, saving the bulb life and clients power. From what I can tell it doesnt affect the users bill much, at least not this clients, as their bill is probably high anyway (3 plasmas, 7 other TVs, Receivers, Reverse Osmosis, Restaurant Stylee Fridges and Freezers (lots of them), etc etc etc) so in their case its not a big deal.

As for testing, yes, I set them all up by me first. No thats not my home, i live in an efficiency (still on the beach though).

This is the only one to date, but I have put in quotes for a couple others which should come through, they all are in the $50K range, due to the IR pricing, DVR and a couple day night PTZs.

I have used some other beam type IR leds claiming 60+ feet etc, but they dont compare to Extreme's stuff. Not sure how the Video Larm IR is, but im sticking with something that is proven. When I think Video Larm, I normally think low budget, so wonder why they are getting into that higher priced area.

In fact, on this job, we started off with IR Bullet cameras, which dont see much outside at night, then added on the IR beams, but that didnt do much either, ended up with the EX82's and 1 camera with Dual UF500's, does the job. Probably could use some more iR on the Beach, and Car Park, but its fine. Even Extreme CCTVs tech said he was impressed.

I only use Extreme CCTV for infrared jobs now. If the client doesnt like the price, thats just too bad, I need a product that is going to work. I only deal with high end clients now anyway, so price is not an issue.

Proper night time adjustments of the IR cameras and Bulbs, are required, as the direction of the IR really has an effect on how much you will see in pitch dark. I actually have to re adjust one or two of them on this job, as the staff moved them slightly during cleaning.

Rory

Edited by Guest

They actually can be discreet, if you get the 930/940 nm, that is invisible IR. Also, 2-5 years is pretty long for a cheap bulb replacement which only costs $50.

I knew about the invisible light ones but I would check that rating rory, the invisble ones do not last that long, by discreet i did not mena the almost blinding light (you can sunbake under it) what I meant is the size of the actuall array! they arent very small, but that is because they darn well work a treat.. The Best illumination devices I have seen yet, Mind you they do not miss you with the price, considering the cost of the Leds they make a killing on it!

I knew about the invisible light ones but I would check that rating rory, the invisble ones do not last that long, by discreet i did not mena the almost blinding light (you can sunbake under it) what I meant is the size of the actuall array! they arent very small, but that is because they darn well work a treat.. The Best illumination devices I have seen yet, Mind you they do not miss you with the price, considering the cost of the Leds they make a killing on it!

The UF500 Bulb is rated at 3000 hours bulb life, replacement bulb costs $79 US.

I am told by Extreme that is 10-12 months, but in countries that use 120VAC, vs 220VAC, they generally last longer, which would be why I have got over 2 years out of mine.

They say their LEDs (not bulb) normally last 3-5 years.

I have got over 2 years from my EX82's which use LEDs, and the same with the UF500's using a IR Bulb, though as we have seen, one has just gone out recently, the other is still going.

It is all regardless of the IR filter, which one you use depends on the camera you are using and its Spectral Response. Most manufacturers now list the IR Wavelength with their Day Night or BW Specs.

Either way, it is good to keep some replacement IR Bulbs on hand, as I have found out the hard way! As for the LEDs, your out of luck when they go.

Yes, the Bulbs are not discreet in the day time, but at night with 940nm, they are invisible in pitch dark, and even 840nm, is only a very dim light. All the lights are blinding somewhat, if you look at them for while though.

And yep, id like to see the price go down sometime soon!

As for the cost of LEDs, I dont think its really that which makes their cameras, the ones using LEDs that is, they are more than that, anyone can buy LEDs. For instance, the EX82 has built in Fan for the LEDs, a photo cell, water and corosion resistant housing, 2 built in seperate varifocal cameras including 1 high res color, full IR and other camera settings, seperate camera and LED windows. Yes Im not sure how the price gets to be what it is as Im not in the manufacturer industry, but I guess we are also paying for the material and design.

I think there is another company called Rainbow which also sells the UF500 and UF100 series, but it costs more. May be worth testing out the Videolarm LEDs and Bulbs, but their cost is not lower in that area. Wish someone would come out with something as good as Extreme but cheaper, or that they would lower the pricing.

Rory

Also, from their web site:

"Bulb life is dependent on filament ruggedness and design. Extreme CCTV bulb life is considerably greater than the industry average due to the rugged halogen quartz bulb. UF500 – average 3,000hrs. UF100 avg. 8,000 hours."