metsfan

Anybody use GeoVision in an ITX format?

Has anyone out there tried setting up a DVR in a form factor smaller than a Shuttle XPX. All mine are shuttles, but I'd like to go smaller if possible.

Thanks folks.

Your motherboard choices get VERY small.

I haven't built one yet but I would like to, lots of cool things come with mini-ITX.

Also the price... You would think whats supposed to be an integrated solution could be cheaper then they are. I guess there just isn't enough demand in them to really get the prices down.

I'm with you, but I think I found one that will work. My issue is space and physical security. Most of my units are in fast food stores where I have limited space and employees who want to crack into Windows for Internet.

Best solution (price, size, etc) for you is MSI or ASUS barebone PCs. Watch out for card size - we did sets like that with MSI barebones but not with combo cards.

If memory serves, the GV-1240 is 195mm x 100mm x 20mm

I wanted to go small form factor, but its a chunk of a card.

I need more PCI slots and PCI backplanes are $$$.

You can have or small/micro case or lot of PCI slots. If you really need many PCI slots get some big towar case and full ATX size mainboard and dont think about ITX. In barebones you can find out models with 2 PCI slots. Backplanes/riser cards - included in prices of barebones.