metsfan

Can't install drivers from 8.11 CD

I have a brand new card installed in a brand new system and I can't get drivers installed. The CD is 8.11. Thoughts?

No. Driver install off CD acts like it does it's thing with no errors but Device manager still shows conflict. I tried running drivers from 7.X CD but same problem. I haven't changed my hardware platform.

In Device Mgr. I update the driver, point to the CD and it comes back with the Windows message of can't install because no drivers found.

I kinda doubt it's a bad card, this is plug and prey at it finest.

Have you ever had a DVR card installed in this machine before?

No, everything is brand new. I'm going to try the card in a different system and see what happens. It's been awhile since I built one so I noticed the found new HW wizard stated it found GV604(S) Video Capture A. Is that normal on the newer cards?

Is it like a GV650? or 800?

I assume you are in the US?

Does your machine meet the requirements?

It's a 600-4 30fps. US. Installed in a Shuttle XPC, with SiS 662 chipset. I've done a dozen like these before, but it's been almost a year.

there's at least 1 other member that had the same issue, after some time with Geo Tech Support on their PC etc, it turned out to be a bad card .. thats why I mentioned that ... but let me on it with UVnc and ill be happy to check it out ..

The card is not the problem. I put it in another pc and all is well. It must be something with the SiS662 chipset. I've put these cards in over 20 Shuttle's all running SiS chipsets without issues until now.

It's now working. Apparently completely removing it from the computer, restarting with the card still out, shutting down, installing the card, and then booting backup did it. Stupid and aggravating.

you may have an IRQ conflict, also make sure the card is not inserted into the next slot past your video card

Looks like the winner!

The Shuttles only have one PCI slot. I think the card may have not been pushed in all the way even though it was seen by the system. That's the only thing I can come up with anyway.

Perhaps that is true, however I don't think I want to try it due to the fact that I have about 20 of these in the field all running the SiS chipset.