drewliebs

NEED INSTALLER IN DALLAS TEXAS

Good Morning,

I have a security consulting company in the Baltimore MD area. Need an experienced installer in the Dallas Texas area for multiple small 4 channel and 8 channel installations. Most installations taking place in warehouse and other commercial property....Nothing too complex. Please contact if you are available ffor CCTV installations.

Do you not think you are putting yourself and your clients in a dangerous situation, the last thing I would expect from any one running a security firm is for them to state

"Hi my name is Andrew and I just recently started installing CCTV"

and ask questions like

"what suggestions you all had in terms of buying a wire tester (to check connections of BNC connectors and siamese)" etc...

If you have no exerience, you cant be a real consultant, and offer SAFE and expert advice.

Just a thought.....

Then again, you can hire the expert to do your site surveys, and have your expert educate your customer, and have this expert design a "system" and have your customer sign off on the design and parts list, and then have your expert install, and service your "job".

I would not listen to kensplace!

Now you can sit back and relax and wonder why all of your experts are underbidding your jobs leaving you with no profit, and why the customers are asking why they cant see their boat, car, or end of the driveway at night, and all of those calls where people want their money back.

Now you get to look at all of your bills and find that some distribution company billed you twice for the same PO (purchase order), the product that you ordered that has not been shipped and the company gives you a tracking number and the product comes in between 11am and 1pm on the day you scheduled your install at 8am, and the techs are not showing up on the job leaving you with a mad customer! Going through your payroll you find one of your employees has been "buddy" punching his coworker because he has been coming in late, or going home early, or not showing up at all!

Great! A customer just called and the DVR that was installed 6 months ago went belly up and now you have to ship it 4 to 5 days, and wait for the company to bench it, and then get back to you and let you know that the system cannot be fixed. When you finally call them to ask why they have not called about the DVR, they let you know "OH Ya! We need to send out a replacement!" You then ask why did you not just send it out when you benched it? Then they tell you "You need to call sales and ask them to send you another one". Right then and there you want to reach threw the phone and strangle the tech, whoops family forum... I meant to say thank the tech for his time and would he please transfer me to sales before I smash this phone across my.....sorry... I meant before I forget the RMA number!

Now you get the call from the client who does not like the fact that they ran siamese all the way around the outside of the house because the site survey tech did not realize that the install techs could not run the wire through the attic as per design! This customer wants this wire taken off the walls now and wants you to pay to repair all of the holes in the wall from the cable mounts! Can you please hold while I go to another line?

Hello, Oh no! The video is out on 4 of your 6 cameras? Great! Please hold. I guess those premade cables must have had a bad connection on the ends, Third line ringing.....Hello! What do you mean you quit? You are my best tech! OK! Why didn't you tell me? I will match their offer with a counter offer, and give you an extra week paid vacation per year! Well, could you at least work till the end of the month?

Great! You send him to all of the tech schools, you pay for him to go to all of those expos, and you pay his paycheck, and pay for the hotels! So much for loyalty.

The newspaper wants how much for the Installer wanted AD????!!!!!! I want a one inch by one inch ad, I do not want to pay for a new printing press!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAA! I quit!

Thanks so much for everyone's advise. I guess what I didnt say is that I have been doing security consulting for the Federal Government for years..... I have been also installing CCTV for years as well, and now have consolidated both aspects into my security company.... Just looking for an installer, as I have a few easy (4 camera, indoor convienince stores) jobs coming up, and don't find it cost effective to travel down to Texas from Washington..... Thanks for the help though. trust me, I never have and never intend on doing anything "over my head".

No offence, but I find that amazing.

You are a security consultant for federal government? Yet you are totally clueless about even the basics of electrical testing, or even cctv suppliers?

Either your lying, or ripping of the government, or standards are so low in your country they hire anyone.

Im honestly in shock, that if what you say is true, this sort of thing is allowed to go on.

If you really had been 'installing for years' you would not have posted you are doing your first install in a few days, nor would you have asked questions so basic that I would based on the level of experience of someone asking those questions, would not even recommend you wire a plug, never mind a security system.

Plus a security consultant needs honesty and integrity as a basic part of their services, something your posts which totally disagree with themselves show a total lack of (ie post 1 - I have just started installing and this post - been doing it for years.)

Just read your post history, and ask yourself - would you trust someone that contradicted themselves so much?

Edited by Guest

You are dinog a lot of inferring.... Again, I didnt say I was going to install, looking for someone to help me out. Thanks for your brilliant advise.

As you are a consultant to the federal goverment, can you please tell me which department you are dealing?

I will have a word with them.

If your honest, you wont mind giving the details on this forum of the department, so I can contact them. If your really what you say, then you wont mind.

Personally I think your lying.

Enough back and forth... the cctv is not for the government....have a wonderful evening.... just somwthing I am now integrating into my company...thanks for your wonderful advise.

Never said it was, But I do want to know what goeverment department you are a consultant for.

The government is responsible to the public, so you as a consultant should disclose that information when asked.

Why do you not wish to disclose it?

Are you lying?

I hope you realise that lying about being a consultant to federal government in order to make money (and probably any other reason)is a offence?

If you are not a liar and a fraud, you would reply to me, with full details.

Edited by Guest

yes you caught me .... I am lying.... You truly have nothing better to do... the good thing is, I got a few laughs out of you.... have a great night..

Actually I think stopping a twat like you is important.

Im sure the federal government will have no problem tracing you from the datestamps and IP logs from here and your ISP.

From there, they will get your address..

The rest Im sure you can imagine.

Lets hope someone from the FBI reads this.

Or someone reports you.

People like you should be in jail.

Note to mods.

Keep all logs from tonight.

I wish to log a formal complaint, and formally ask forum mods/admin to report the full details of this to the revelant authorities, and report back to me with the actions they have taken regarding this idiot posing as a security consultant to the federal government. If I dont here back from the forum admins/mods I will have no choice but to report this myself (nd it wont look good that the forum did not co-operate)

I will have fun with this. You will be caught. Put it this way, if your not, then the USA cant stop any form of terrorist activity if they cant even stop a idiot like you.

Have fun sleeping.

Before I do have a good nights sleep, im confused on one point, to quote you

"the good thing is, I got a few laughs out of you.."

You got a few laughs out of making yourself look like a liar,a imbecile and a criminal? Wow, you have a odd sense of humour.

As an actual employee of the US Gov't (Army Reserve Officer), thanks Ken for taking the time to pick apart this guy's story and expose him.

For the high speed prankster: I don't think you realize the severity of your action. Not just from a "pissing off others" standpoint, but from your own personal safety. Let me just remind you that Al Qauda is winning the information war at the moment. They have guys sitting around just searching the web (forums, blogs, etc) looking for weakness is the US Gov't and facilities they can attack. By saying you are a consultant, well, you just became a possible target for a "talk" with them that I don't think you'd enjoy. And they really don't take "I was joking" for an answer.

Well, I think I will lock this thread for now and mark it for deletion. It really isn't a topic for this this forum anyway.

People here are savvy enough to distinguish those dealing in fact from those living in a fantasy world.