adrianpearce

Streaming Live Video on a web page

Hi, i am trying to find a way to stream live video from a CCTV system onto a website.

I use DVR's which are networked local on each customers network and connected via broadband and can be remotely viewed using the manufacturers DVR software.

I am looking at having a web page with all my customers on with log in's for them to remotely view on a web page over the internet.

Does anyone know of how i could do this. I will create the web pages myself no problem, i just need some help on how to do this.

Just link the real webserver to the webserver on the DVR. Some DVRs make this easy and some make it a royal PITA (Geovision).

You might also not be aware you can simply add a hyperlink to the DVR's webserver. Far from fully integrated but workable.

Optionally you could also use an HTML frame or PHP include to wrap the DVR interface. This should work even with a Geovision DVR however you'll still have the original DVR interface just with a custom header.

Has anyone used the eneo DVR's. They can be networked through a router. The only problem i might have is the IP addresses are different.

Will Geovision sort this problem out for me.

Its not that difficult, ive done it with Geo, Iview, and GE, and messed around with a couple others people have emailed me about, but basically it has to be worth it for someone to take the time to do it, also to explain it

The basic answer is yes, its simple enough, you would need some web application knowledge as well for logging in and out of your clients.

Do you have to stream using their servers. I am trying to do this solely on its own from my website.

So i am trying to find out how to do this.

I have a eneo dvr with cameras connected to broadband, i have my website and need to stream the video. The website will have customers logins so they can view their page from anywhere in the world.

I can do the web page myself as i was a web developer.

Will i need a video server that connects through the router for each customer, or can i pick up the video from the dvr.

Currently, i can remotely view the dvr video through the eneo ras+ software, but i am looking to put this on a website instead so the customer doesn't need the software loaded onto their machine.

Any ideas.....

You will just place the activeX control in the web page and direct the IP to your DVR's IP address .. then assign all the other settings .. so it is streaming from the DVR not your site, but the activeX control is essentially installed on the user's PC and therefore does not effect your site's bandwidth.

Just using dynamic coding (ASP, PHP, etc) log the user in, then let them view whichever cameras or sites you have assigned to that user .. maybe assign time outs too depending on which user level it is.

You can build the site based on your customer base, then they login to the website it knows their DVR IDs. Use a DynDNS service to assign their DVR IDs to your DynDNS account. Now have the site formulate the customer URL as id+.whateveryourdomainis.TLD the only variables are the ID and port information if multiple DVRs are on the same network. This goes hand in hand with your billing and promo systems as you only have one customer base.

I have never heard of eneo, since you used to be a web dev and can't figure this out I don't know what to tell you.

I now have a Network Video server single channel connected to my router.

I have created a webpage but not sure if everyone can view it -

Webpage

protechsystems.co.uk/webcam.html

You should see a login page. Can someone take a look and let me know if you can see the login page please.

All my computers can see the page, but a friend got 'internet explorer couldn't display this page'

Adrian.....

Hey adrian.

Webpage is redirecting to your LAN IP, not your WAN IP

Thats why is works localy.

Im guessing you need some html wizardry and port forwarding to change 192.168.1.10 to your WAN and port number.

Internet explorer:

Hangs with "Opening page 192.168.1.10" in the status bar.

Firefox shows:

Then the frame below times out.

My web designer set my site up with a web server that a lot of HTML wizardly had to be done. It took three days for him to get it configured right. It might of been just him but he got it done. You will need active X or some proprietary software for people to view. There is no such universal viewing platform for IE to use so everyone can view efficiently. Bottom line is some sort of software will need to be on the customers cpu. We are talking live viewing.