Daryl733

DVR w/Licence Plate Recognisation/OCR

Any recomendation for a 4-16Chs DVR with Licence Plate Recognisation ?

I know Geovision got 1, but that's not a full DVR, basically another pc for licenceplate recognisatoin and triggering.

Also, any price range ?

No DVR can give you license plate recognition on it's own. You need a good camera like Extreme Video makes to get the proper capture. The DVR might be able to enhance it but it won't do it all on it's own.

Well Geo is a full DVR once you build it.

But otherwise, guess what the 2 already mentioned above.

No DVR can give you license plate recognition on it's own. You need a good camera like Extreme Video makes to get the proper capture. The DVR might be able to enhance it but it won't do it all on it's own.

Yes, i know of course you need camera to feed in the video input.

What i mean is any DVR can read that image and do a OCR to give a data input for licence plate no. ?

Rory : You mean we can put both the DVR card and the Licence recognisation card into 1 PC and make it capable of doing both at same time ? Or do we need 2 PC to do that ? Sorry, me not that familiar with Geovision system, and if possible.. trying hard to stay away from pc based system also.

CoVi also has a LP recognition system

And WOW it works

Which model's that ? Can't really find on their website (assuming u mean covi's the company.

What's the price ? PM me.

Thanks.

And WOW it works

Which model's that ? Can't really find on their website (assuming u mean covi's the company.

Thanks.

Also take a look at www inextek dot com

There are other considerations such as speed, location of camera to vehicles, types of vehicles, lighting, etc. when it comes to managing ALPR for use in collecting a database of tags. Talk to INEX and you will get a good feel for what you want.

FYI - We are using these systems on toll plazas in the US for managing offenders; we are using these systems in airports for tag collection inventory; we are using these systems in private executive homes for access control.

And WOW it works

Thanks.

Also take a look at www inextek dot com

There are other considerations such as speed, location of camera to vehicles, types of vehicles, lighting, etc. when it comes to managing ALPR for use in collecting a database of tags. Talk to INEX and you will get a good feel for what you want.

FYI - We are using these systems on toll plazas in the US for managing offenders; we are using these systems in airports for tag collection inventory; we are using these systems in private executive homes for access control.

Yes, i understand. But all those consideration aside (i.e. cameras, lighting, etc) which model of DVR has build in license plate recognition that output to the log file, or a database ?

Access control ? Isn't it dangerous ? I mean i can just hold a printed piece of license plate, walk down the camera and the door will open ?

Even those video analytics system have problem differentiating between a car and a person walking with both his hand hold apart.

Even then, i can also just stick the paper onto my car... printing a license plate number is much easier than faking magnetic strip card, smart card, proxy card or finger print. Even Keying in of number pad is harder to defect than license plate.