cornballs

dvr choice

I'm new but reading alot. can someone recommend an 8 channel dvr that will record 15 - 30 frame rate at high resolution on each channel.

We would need to know more to make a recommendation.

Is budget of the essence?

Is security of the essence?

Is this for a residential setup?

Is this going into a server room for a corportate setup?

What kind of cameras will you be using?

Will you be viewing this DVR over the internet?

How long will you be storing video on the hard drive?

Who will be maintaining this system? Are they tech savy, or are they a nontech savy?

If you have video, how will you be using this video? Will you need a cd burner, or will you transfer the video to VCR?

Budget, and Security are at the opposite extremes for a selection.

A residential setup would have different needs compared to a corporate setup.

A server room setup will require the DVR to be rack mountable.

We will want to match the cameras to the DVR. 380 lines of resolution can use any DVR.

If you are remote viewing the video then we would want to know how many people will be viewing the video at the same time.

You may need a triplex, or you may need a pentaplex system.

Your internet connection is going to make a big impact on the setup.

Will you be using a battery back up system if the power goes out?

Sorry for the lack of info.

It is for a residencial setting using panasonic domes and extreme cameras and IR with security more of the focus. 480-550 lines of res on each cameraso far, adding more. they users are minimally tech savy, can do some troubleshooting with instruction only, have built computers from scratch. will NOT be viewing over the internet at present, local viewing only but save data for up to a week continuous, for now, may change to motion trigger on some cameras. CD or DVD would be a good idea and would be on generator backup if power fails. will want to tie into alarm system eventually. Cheaper is always welcome but want good product choices

Located in upstate NY

BEST http://www.avtech.com.tw/english/product_13_785.htm

CD writer http://www.avtech.com.tw/english/product_13_785d.htm

I highly recommend this DVR. You can add on more hard drives if you need to store your videos for a longer time. You can add 3 more hard drives with an add on option.

There is a VGA adapter that you can order for flat screen monitors, although I recommend CRT monitors for a crisper view.

I can sell you a DVR but you are better off buying from someone in NY.

Not the google ads, but on the forum there are banner ads. Click on these, and see if you can find a dealer with the AV Tech DVRs.

I highly recommend the AV Tech / CP Cam / Nubix DVR

If no one can help you then let me know, and I will see what I can do for you.

Features

MPEG-4 Compression format providing clear images with real time performance

Backup Device: USB flash drive, network

Alarm trigger recording will send alerts with images to designated e-mail and FTP addresses

Supports pre-alarm recording (8MB)

Advanced motion detection function and convenient search function.

Allow live display, record, playback, backup, and network operations at the same time

Support remote surveillance up to 5 online users simultaneously with licensed software AP and IE browser

Support multi-language OSD

500GB can record more than 28 days (8CH, Frame Best Quality, 30IPS)

Support covert screen for live display channels

Support IR remote control, PTZ camera operations through RS-485, and PTZ Hot Point function

Support PELCO-D protocol

Ensure the authentication of recorded images with watermark function

Support TCP/IP, PPPoE, DHCP and DDNS network connection

Hey Scorpion, I see these DVR's have a web server, but in the "features" section, it lists "Mjpeg" as the web transmission, not Mpeg4. In your opinion, how much difference (better/worse) are the 2 , while viewing with an IE browser? Do you install quite a few of these same models? When you get time, would you PM me with a price on the 8-channel without the CD/DVD writers. Thanks !!

For the price these are awesome machines!

The video is good over the internet. They are not H.264, but they are great when you want to watch all cameras at the same time in multiplex mode.

Some DVRs with H.264 will only let you watch 2 cameras at one time!

These DVRs sell like hot cakes! I highly recommend them. They are very flexible. I can go in to any situation, and this will do what I need it to do!

PS

Long time no talk to. Nice to hear from you again!

They really need to redesign the actual remote application. I mentioned this before to them but dont know if they have yet .. unless there was a change in newer models? Dont know if it has changed or not but it was the worse quality ive seen from a DVR yet, but then what you pay for it, makes it worth it, just to be able to see something over the internet for that low low price and record as well.

if the software has changed recently then i stand corrected

its a good budget DVR, the cheapest and has lan, however if you are buying a DVR for its remote video features and quality though, I would look at perhaps an Avermedia standalone for a couple hundred dollars more, or something more expensive. If you are on a strict budget though, then you cant be picky.

I'm not sure the dvr would show high-res pictures at a high framerate with high quality settings, or am I wrong? Not really interested in internet, at present, and do want a HIGH quality security unit. any suggestions "worthy" of the cameras as blowrabbit put it would be greatly apppreciated.

Thanks

It really depends on what you are trying to do. The reason I say that is due to the nature of whether you want to go embedded DVR or PC based DVR.

I am a distributor of CCTV and you can go with some embeddeds that have 30fps for 8-channel dvrs and you have the ability to record at a slower rate to save hard drive space.

The DVR's I have sold in the past have 250 gig hard drives with Mpeg4 compression. Giving about 6gig per camera per day, giving you 5 days of 30fps second recording on all 8-channels. If you want to go over more stuff shoot me a message, I am not allowed to post urls here. But I can talk more of your options over and figure out your application first and see if I can find a comparable DVR with a discount price ($800-1099 with cameras). Hope this helps.

-chad-

Scorpion- were you thinking the dvr808fx?

if so, I was looking for a higher record rate and speed and plaback resolution.

Image Resolution

Real-time monitor 704x480, Playback 352x240, VGA output 704x480(NTSC)

Video Recording Speed

1-7 fp/s Variable per channel (NTSC)

Total Recording Speed

7.5 Frames Per Second per Channel; 60 FPS Per Machine

I believe your first suggestion, the avc785 is faster

High resolution recording (For 8 channels):

Frame: 720 480 pixels with 60 IPSNTSC/ 720 576 pixels with 50 IPS PAL

CIF: 352 240 pixels with 240 IPSNTSC/ 352 288 pixels with 200 IPS PAL

Image quality setting: Best, High, Normal, and Basic

but isn't the higher recording rate at the lower resolution only?

not trying to be difficult or am I out of line and asking the impossible?

dvr808fx : It does have an upgrade for 30 FPS on all channels. Most sites on the internet want to keep the prices low, or they may not be aware of the upgrade features.

I really loved this DVR. I had to put this in to a sherrif's dept gun range. This is a "house" where they do live fire excercises clearing the "house" room by room. They want to be able to watch it afterwards for an "after action report" for training purposes. This DVR blew the dept away on how clear the video was! They were very impressed. ICRealtime was on top of their game helping me spec out the bid, getting me the DVR, and giving me support afterwards.

I was caught off guard that you can only watch two screens (cameras) during playback. You can punch the camera numbers, and travel around the views. They thought that this was going to be a liablility for them, but after one week they did not want to change DVRs as they did not want to lose the clarity of the pictures.

I felt like I could pick this DVR up over my head, and throw it on the ground, and I could have plugged it back in, and it still would have worked!

I am not going to try it, but it would have been interesting.

What you want is called the R30 real time upgrade for all channels. At a minumum it would cost $750.00 or so for the upgrade. I do not know what other companies charge for the upgrade.

DVRPRO208 Have you looked at this one?

Real-time monitor 704x480, Playback 704x480, VGA output 1024x768 or 800x600

It is not desk top friendly. It is great in a rack in a server room, and you access it via IP.

I would still recomend the Flex with the R30 upgrade.

If you want to watch multi channel (cameras) at one time then I would go for the 785 AVTech.

Frame: 720 x 480 pixels with 60 IPS (NTSC)

CIF: 352 x 240 pixels with 240 IPS (NTSC)

Web Transmitting / Compression Format Motion JPEG

If security is of the essence then I would go with a PC based setup with h.264

Are you wanting to record in frame or cif?

Yo man I cannot seem to post anything to help you out on this forum.....this is my third time trying to give you info. Some has got to talk to the admin here. Anyways.......the dvr has 240fps to support all 8 cameras and a 250 gig like i said earlier. Also it has mouse control so you can interphase with dvr. Great playback resolution............

-chad b-

Yo man I cannot seem to post anything to help you out on this forum.....this is my third time trying to give you info. Some has got to talk to the admin here. Anyways.......the dvr has 240fps to support all 8 cameras and a 250 gig like i said earlier. Also it has mouse control so you can interphase with dvr. Great playback resolution............

-chad b-

Hi, the forum rules specify no posting of business and sales related information in the public forums, best thing to do is PM the other member in the event that they request further information from you. Other than that, you can provide as much information to the other member as you like, just cannot link to any online stores, dealer sites, etc. Basically we ask for links to the manufacturer only.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3144

Thanks

Rory

most DVR manufacturers has this type DVR, Dahua's 8 channel also can do like this.

It basis Linux OS, with mouse operation, 15-25fps(PAL),15-30fps(NTSC) selection, with H.264 compression. D1 resolution playback realtime, D1 resolution surveillance realtime etc.

Dahua is from China, you can find this with google search. Our company also has cooperation with them.They have good market share in U.S. and Europe.

DDSC2060

I feel your pain. You are just trying to make a buck! You got bills to pay, and your investment in your business that you need to repay back to your pocket, and you need to invest more money in to your business to take it to the next level!

On top of this we installers/dealers have to deal with unscrupulous sellers on electronicbay, or other installer/dealers that give the industry/business a bad name.

Here you are on this forum pouring out your hard earned blood, sweat, and tears, and you just don't feel like you are getting any respect.

How much can you give while trying to help someone out?? You give, and you give, and you give till it hurts!

I hear where you are coming from! Don't give up! I love the post that you have been dropping on the forum threads. You do not sound like a hot headed prima donna that thinks you know everything about CCTV!

I have to deal with these kind of people all of the time, and it just gets under my skin dealing with these prima donnas! Thank you for keeping it real!

In my local area if you want to hire a good tech then the prima donna is an automatic baggage that comes with a majority of them. There have been times that I have not hired someone because they did not have that prima donna quality. They have to have the fire in the belly! Alot of these techs think that because they have all of this knowledge that I should just hire them with a big salary, and they can play online games in the office all day long!!!!!

Here is a note to all of the forum readers who are looking for products!

DO NOT BUY FROM ME!! BUY LOCAL! SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEALER!

Buy from me because you respect me. I do not sell cheap! I am going to be the highest bidder on the market. I want to be able to help you 6 months down the road becuase you lost your manual, and now you need me to talk you through the menu, or your DVR crashed, and you need a loaner shipped overnight because security is of the essence!

I know noone is going to buy from me! Why should they when they can go to the cheapest site that comes up on a google search?

I have not sold one thing to a person on this forum. It is not that I do not want to. OK, it is my fault as I do not push it. I do not have the time to pm, and email, and call, and beg, and beg, and beg. You either want it, need it, or you have to feel that dream piece of equipment in your hands.

I would love to place a banner ad on the forum, and end up going broke trying to ship out 1000 boxes of products, and play the float game until everyones check cleared, and the credit cards balances are credited to my account! Now that would be a sweet dream!!

That would be great!!!

It ain't gonna happen!! I would be foolin myself if I thought I could! If I did that much I would have no profit margin, and I would just be working for nothing! I may as well stay at home, and play with my expensive toys.

My sole purpose on this forum is to better myself! I have no knowledge when it comes to PC based systems. This is where you guys come in. I can learn more here than I could building one system, and trying to sell it, and moving on to the next system, and hope that I can do the "on the job training" till I get it right, (if I dont blow it first, and loose the market share through stupidity).

Thank you to everyone on this forum who keeps me grounded, and lifts me up with your knowledge!!

I'm new but reading alot. can someone recommend an 8 channel dvr that will record 15 - 30 frame rate at high resolution on each channel.

oh, and price is between $2000-$2500. I can go higher if absolutely neccessary.

We have done quite of few self storage facilities.. Due to the amount of dust and type of environment where these DVRs had to operate, PC based solutions were out of the question... Also, the pricing had to be very cost effective, yet functional without having NASA behind it for support... Another requirement was that it had to be very simple to install and only few bottons to push... basic remote view, if necessary and that is all..

Here are some models that I can recommend that were used for this type of environment...

1. DR8N-250 - CBC 8 channel embedded with 250G drive (upgradeable to higher storage capacity for later) - Pricing should be under $1,000... and with (3) THREE years warranty.

2. ADEDVR009008 - American Dynamics EDVR series, (9) channel with 80G drive (upgradeable to higher storage capacity for later) - Pricing should be around $1,100... and with (3) THREE years warranty.

3. DSR-3709H160 - Sanyo Cheetah series, (9) channel with 160G drive (upgradeable to higher storage capacity for later) - Pricing should be under $1,700... and with (3) THREE years warranty.

4. DX-TL4509U-250 - Mitsubishi, (9) channel with 250G drive (upgradeable to higher storage capacity for later) - Pricing should be under $2,000... and with (5) FIVE years warranty. (Mitsubishi is the only DVR manufacturer that overs (5) FIVE years warranty).

All above models, among others that are not mentioned here, can easly upgrade the hard drive storage.. and nothing else is needed.. Such systems are self programmed and will recognise additional hard drives presence, so you always can increase storage without any worries.

There are other models that will fall in between or higher in pricing... All from major manufacturers and tremendous amount of support.

If you search, you easily can find them available everywhere... and the pricing could be few dollars higher or lower.. the most important parts are that they are easy to setup, easy to install and requires basically no maintenance on updates or upgrads... PLUS, the waranty from 3 years to 5 years...

Good luck and let us know what you decided.

They really need to redesign the actual remote application. I mentioned this before to them but dont know if they have yet .. unless there was a change in newer models? Dont know if it has changed or not but it was the worse quality ive seen from a DVR yet, but then what you pay for it, makes it worth it, just to be able to see something over the internet for that low low price and record as well.

if the software has changed recently then i stand corrected

its a good budget DVR, the cheapest and has lan, however if you are buying a DVR for its remote video features and quality though, I would look at perhaps an Avermedia standalone for a couple hundred dollars more, or something more expensive. If you are on a strict budget though, then you cant be picky.

I was checking out the online demo for the Avtech 760, I believe, and thought it was pretty awful.

I agree that it needs to be redesigned. barely adequate functionality IMHO.

Do you know if the web interface is pretty much the same for models 781, 785 as like the 760 ?