CoolDude

DVR Audio

I need to record one channel of audio but the camera that is going to be matched to the audio is recording at 4 fps. Am I going to need to record that camera at 30fps to match the speech being recorded?

Thanks

8)

I need to record one channel of audio but the camera that is going to be matched to the audio is recording at 4 fps. Am I going to need to record that camera at 30fps to match the speech being recorded?

Thanks

Which DVR do you have in mind? Have you decided which microphone will you use? For best quality of of sound, there are seveal choices... and do not use something cheap, as the sound quality will be very poor..

In my limited experience, using Geovision cards, they are saved as 2 individual files.

Independant of FPS.

It will be model dependant.

In most cases your going to need a powered, pre-amped mic.

In my limited experience, using Geovision cards, they are saved as 2 individual files.

Independant of FPS.

It will be model dependant.

In most cases your going to need a powered, pre-amped mic.

Rory, if it is a Geo cards, what do you recommend?

My vote goes with Louroe product line... Used them for many years and their solutions are great performers...

Ive used Louroe .. works great.

As to the audio file question, it will depend on the DVR being used.

I think he wants a Non PC based unit though.

Ive used Louroe .. works great.

As to the audio file question, it will depend on the DVR being used.

I think he wants a Non PC based unit though.

Rory he was referring to Geo cards... If he is looking into embedded systems, there are quite of few out there that can serve his purpose...

CoolDude, how many position DVR do you have in mind??

I would like to use a 16 channel AD4016 along with a Panasonic Arbitrator wireless mic set up recording all 16 channels of video but only one camera recording the audio.

8)

Thanks

Does it really matter ? Most system i know... when u do playback for recording at 4fps, they dun play 4fps recorded file at 30fps. They still play at 4fps. So ur audio should syn. They only play at 30fps if u fast forward it, in that case, most system will mute the audio.