drewliebs

Whats wrong with these night shots

Hi All,

had another install completed yesterday.... the cameras that I used (eclipse HT 480LN Bullets) perform great during the day, but at night the picture has a lot of interference.. Any suggestions as to what can be done to clear up the night shot. I am assuming that it has something to do with the ambient light, as all shot with NO exterior light look great.

night1.JPG.d19c4b4367c41b5ed10aeeb1fa2aca14.JPG

I would imagine a monochrome camera on the *same* side of the driveway as the lights would be the ticket.

ive used the regular 6mm version, lower res ... thing is though, this is still a basic camera, not a True Day Night, just a Color/IR camera, as it doesnt have an IR cut filter. They brought a couple in here to try out, dont think they started selling them though, I didnt get to test them myself though. They basically just sell the 598HIM as it is much better and not a whole lot more money. The 598 also gives you the true colors.

Going by the image, looks like the little foam ring around the lens is not close enough to the front glass, that is there to "try" to block the IR glare coming back onto the lens from the built in IRs. So as well as getting the glare from the light itself, you are also getting the IR glare, which is going to effect the entire overall image as well. If you fix that, then you may get rid of some of the glare from that light. Also finger smudges or marks from rain on the glass will cause glare issues.

As to interference, I dont notice any in the image posted, just light glare.

Rory

Have you found a true day/night IR bullet that easy enough to disassemble without killing it's IP rating? I know they have to exist I just havent found one or wanted to cough up the $ to buy every D/N IR bullet to find out.

I also haven't seen a true D/N bullet without IR.

Thats a bad combo right now.

thats not a true day night though, its easy to spin the face off though, pull out the guts, then disconnect the IR .. did it on the regular model.