mr.verbal

Looking for decent dvr system for store

Hello everyone,

I read through a couple threads and I see that a lot of people here give good advice on surveillance selections. I have a store and I would like to get a decent 8-channel dvr for security purposes. If anyone has good recommendations please post them. I'm looking for a setup also including cameras and accessories in the $1,000 - $2,000 range. And if anyone has good advice in what field certain companies are strong in and what price range it should be . Thank you for your time.

My first recommendation is to find a local CCTV dealer/installer.

Ask them about an entry level system. Support your local dealers, and when you have a problem, then they will support you.

I would recommend the AVTech AVC 785, (AVC 785D W/DVD writer), or the CPCam CPD505 series, (same product, different names).

This is an entry level 8 channel DVR. It is what it is. It will never compete with high end DVRs. Then again I am not interested in buying a $4000.00 DVR either.

Buy from one of the members of this forum. You will know where to find them!! Select from the banner ads, or the partner section. Do not select from the ads by google. I would say buy from me, but I am not local to you. See if you can find a member from here that is at least in your state. If all else fails, then I would be more than glad to help you.

Your cameras will be at a price that is dependent of the dealer mark up.

If you decide to buy off the internet stick with company websites. If you buy from an individual, or from EBAY, I would have you establish contact with that person before you buy. Do they have a valid phone number posted? Do they have a good email posted? Can you email questions before you buy?

Camera selection would be based on your local "environment". I would be lying to you if I just started telling you what camera to buy. I can recommend some cheap cameras, and I can recommend the right camera, but you may not be able to keep your budget in tack.

My recommendation is to buy the most expensive camera for the front door, and the back door that you can afford. Use meduim priced cameras for the area that is high dollar, or prone to pilfer. You can buy very cheap B/W cameras in areas that you want to watch, if they do not have a high priority. This will allow you to mix, and match, and still keep a budget.

Here is what I recommend. Buy a camera that has vari focal such as 4 - 9 mm, 50 foot throw of IR, and it is vandal resistant.

http://avssys.net/?s=product&sub=camera&cat=ir&p=vnd49ir

This camera will do you more justice down the road. You will spend more now, but you will save $$$ later. Buy this camera for every position where you need a camera.

Here is a fake scenario for reference.

You have an open area such as in front of cash registers. You have a camera here watching this area. All of a sudden it is Christmas time, and one of your suppliers builds a big display (beer, ect) now your camera view is blocked. With varifocal you can re aim the camera, and zoom in to regain the usefulness of this camera.

Here is where you save money down the road. You have some theft, or some event that you did not anticipate. Now you need to go, and buy more cameras! NO YOU DO NOT! Take the camera that I recommend. You can pick a couple of "sacrificial" cameras, reorient them to this new "event", and you can manipulate the vari focal lens to get the perfect picture. How much did you just save by not buying more cameras? Now you have a flexable system. It will adapt to any situation that you need.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hello everyone,

I read through a couple threads and I see that a lot of people here give good advice on surveillance selections. I have a store and I would like to get a decent 8-channel dvr for security purposes. If anyone has good recommendations please post them. I'm looking for a setup also including cameras and accessories in the $1,000 - $2,000 range. And if anyone has good advice in what field certain companies are strong in and what price range it should be . Thank you for your time.

Hello

I'm Betty, i have read your post, actually your infomation and demands is not clear enough , about dvr cards , do you need good image quality, and software compression or hardware compression, and 8-ch means you need 8 cameras ? and do you need ip camera or just anolog camera. Anyhow I 'd like to inform you that netvision is one of the suppliers , you may search for infomation

My recommendation for that price range is a PC-DVR.

Most shops and smaller stores have opted for stand-alone DVRs, and the company I used to work for usually put Dedicated Micros DVRs in those smaller applications. I like DM, but I'd guess the price would be outside the budget you have alloted.

So, I would go with a Geo-Vision DVR card. It snaps into a PCI slot on a PC (I am sure you can build one for under $500, and the card is probably around $500).

I am privy to Geovision since I have one, but there are other brands mentioned here on the forum. I'd suggest you research the functions, layout, capabilities, and system requirements for each and make an informed decision on what will work best for you.

I'd spend $300 on CAT5e, baluns, and a power supply. With a spool of 1,000' of CAT5e I am sure you could easily do your entire store. I recommend CAT5e because you can send power and video over the wire, or 4 video signals, and it is cheaper than RG-59+18-2.

That leaves $700 for cameras. Many to choose from, depends on what you want to see.

Hello everyone,

My suggestion is to go with a simple, yet very effective Embedded system. This is not a PC system, rather has all its programs embedded in a flash memory and uses hard drives for storing video only...

There are many to choose from major manufacturers... One that comes in mind is from CBC model #DR8NC-250 that gives you 250GB storage, CD burner, remote control unit, Internet connection and all the essentials... and you should be able to find one under $1,000.00 - Also comes with full 3 years warranty!

As for your cameras, do you want them in color or B&W? Another question that can help if you want conventional brick cameras with lens or mini-dome type of cameras? Dependent on the answers, I think for under $2,000, it is possible to get you this hardware and still have 3 years warranty.... However, you have to be realistic on your requirements for the cameras...

Hi I would like to buy 2 4-channel embedded dvrs with analog signal. I also want to be able to access the videos in the harddrive through the internet. This camera setup is for a store environment. I would also like medium quality resolution with color. If anyone has any suggestions on a quality 4-channel dvr system please reply or pm me. Thank you for your time.

Hi I would like to buy 2 4-channel embedded dvrs with analog signal. I also want to be able to access the videos in the harddrive through the internet. This camera setup is for a store environment. I would also like medium quality resolution with color. If anyone has any suggestions on a quality 4-channel dvr system please reply or pm me. Thank you for your time.

hello, with Netvision embedded DVR, it is able to access video through IE, and also it supports IP camera and analog camera. NV8000HC(RW) series network disk video recorder adopts high performance embedded real-time multitask operating system (RTOS) and embedded CPU to perfectly implement all the functions needed to build a surveillance system .

Becides, it will be nice if you can describe all your needs in detail.

Hi!What kind of store is it? 7-Eleven or Jewler? Hom many sqm? Cash registers? how many exits? High, low value merchandise, full service or hard discount?

Why do you want CCTV?

JD