cctv_addicted

What is the highest CCTV camera resolution?

Thanks for the quality engineering posts in this thread above , you guys saved me buying a book

Mintron from Taiwan seems to have some extremely good products , such as day night cams with a minimum illumination of 0.00001 , and 0.00004 lux in BW mode , which they say do not require infrared illuminators.

they also claim on the website to have developed a 800 TVL camera in 2004 , which Panasonic also did with their 800 TVL 3CCD.

Another Mintron one here MTV-53MG4 , 750 TVL 1280 x 966 lines

i can post URL's here now, so Mintron ( taiwan )

http://www.mintron.com

What are peoples opinions about the 14 bit cameras advertised on their site ?

if people are looking for high quality ;

Mintron MTV-83SS80H-IRVF 540 TVL day / night camera requires no infrared due to extremely good sensitivity under low light.

SAMSUNG also has the 1/2" CCD SCC-A2313 at 540 TVL @ 0.00004 lux minimum in BW night mode. ( but four times more expensive ).

As has been mentioned by the gentlemen above , image quality depends on what we plug our cameras into , the Geovision cards i use now have up to 720x576 PAL ( australian standard ) and give a perfectly good image for residential and small commercial use , including LPR ( license plate recognition ).

i am keen to learn more about digital , IP and megapixel cameras , they seem to have so much potential for refinement , and are becoming the norm for government and high security commercial installations here.

Best wishes .

mark

disclaimer : i am not employed by Mintron or Samsung or any other manufacturer , i am just an installer and problem solver / designer.

I have heard that there are new megapixel cameras on the market, but they require special lenses and the data storage requirements go WAY up, as you would expect. Anyone have any experience with megapixel cameras?

I've installed lots and lots of megapixel cameras. They don't REQUIRE "special" lenses, but what you find is that the higher resolution starts to show up the imperfections in cheaper lenses (poor sharpness, etc.). Thus, most manufacturers have a higher-quality "megapixel" lens line that will generally yield crisper, clearer images.

Storage requirements do increase, as even a lowly 1.3MP camera is four times the resolution of 4CIF/D1. HOWEVER, consider that a single MP camera can, in some instances, take the place of two or three analog cameras, and the difference diminishes. And really, the space argument is a non-starter - I mean, why record at 4CIF or D1, when it takes so much more space than CIF? Answer: because you get a better quality image with better detail. More detail will always require more data and thus more storage. If it's that big a deal, just record at 160x120 and one frame every 10 seconds... it's all the same, right?

i am facing a problem that indoor cameras are flashing in tubelight environment. please suggest an easy solution of this problem.

i am facing a problem that indoor cameras are flashing in tubelight environment. please suggest an easy solution of this problem.

What kind of cameras are they? What make/model? Define "flashing"?

anyone seen a megapixel mini bullet camera on the north america side of the globe yet?

highest resolution...

could you mention that whre you're going to use the high-resolution cameras?

just wondering where the usage is general on the market

If you have flashing in the video then you might have to try replacing the ballast until you find the problem light.

It should be an electrical problem with the actual lighting.

It could also be that your camera is teetering on the lux values, and you may not be getting enough power to the camera.

You can try an extension cord, and power the camera directly. If you see the flutter in the video then it is not the camera, and it is caused by the lighting.

Try replaceing the camera to double check as a part inside such as a cap might be leaking creating the flutter.

I am still going to bet on a bad ballast.

Inregards to high resolution:

How does HDCCTV fit in to all of this argument?

Is it analog since it is not on IP?

1080P on coax! Now that is what I want to hear!

Hi guys.. just want to know whats the highest cctv cameras resolution that you know..

please leave a link here..

thanks

I've found some cameras by Dalsa, Hitachi, Sony and others which have very high megapixel resolutions. The highest I've found was on the order of 16 megapixels. The best way to find them is to search for "cctv megapixel" on Google. I know that I've found others as well. But you will be looking at relatively high cost to obtain them. Especially as you move into the higher chip sizes. The largest I've found is 1.2", which is fairly close to a 4/3 digital camera chip. That has recently inspired me to search for the possibility of using a Foveon X3 chip in a C-mount camera. I need to investigate whether using a lower resolution setting, will increase the frame-rate the camera is capable of.

My motivation for looking for these concepts has been motivated by the desire to build my own videography equipment. I've always wanted a video system with interchangeable lenses. That has always been my highest priority in considering what to do. I'm building a video system the way many build a component audio system. I'm buying the parts I want to deliver the features I desire. The result is I have greater options at lower cost.

I recently purchased a Samsung SCC-131A, and am now purchasing an assortment of M39/M42 adapters and lenses to use on it. The Samsung has a resolution higher than most digital cameras when recording video. And since I've only paid $26 for the camera, I'm way ahead on price. And the big fact is that you can't buy video cameras with interchangeable lenses with less than a few to several thousand dollars. With my having chosen the C-mount, any lenses I buy for it, will be usable on any other camera I choose to upgrade to. And as far as resolutions go, you simply can't beat what's provided by photographic lenses. Even those of smaller format.

EDIT: I doubt you could find any higher resolution than this!!

Arriflex >> 35_mm_digital

But I don't think it's exactly what you were asking for. Maybe it'll inspire your imagination.

Xavian-Anderson Macpherson

ShingoshiDao

My motivation for looking for these concepts has been motivated by the desire to build my own videography equipment. I've always wanted a video system with interchangeable lenses. That has always been my highest priority in considering what to do. I'm building a video system the way many build a component audio system. I'm buying the parts I want to deliver the features I desire. The result is I have greater options at lower cost.

Little off-topic, but most newer DSLRs (Canon 5D mkII, Rebel XSi 450D, as well as various Nikon offerings and some other less-visible brands) are now including video recording - 1080p and of course, full support for each manufacturer's full line of lenses.

BTW, a lot existing semi-pro video gear has interchangeable lenses as well - even 6-7 years ago, the Canon XL-1 MiniDV cameras we were using at the digital-arts school had interchangeable lenses.

If you really want modularity, take a look here: http://www.red.com/

Little off-topic, but most newer DSLRs (Canon 5D mkII, Rebel XSi 450D, as well as various Nikon offerings and some other less-visible brands) are now including video recording - 1080p and of course, full support for each manufacturer's full line of lenses.

BTW, a lot existing semi-pro video gear has interchangeable lenses as well - even 6-7 years ago, the Canon XL-1 MiniDV cameras we were using at the digital-arts school had interchangeable lenses.

If you really want modularity, take a look here: I'm not allowed to quote web links!

The thing is that I don't have the thousands of dollars to buy any of the available interchangeable lens video systems on the market. I became frustrated with not being able to outbid anyone for the Canon L1 and XL1. This is precisely why I have chosen this route. By going to a smaller scale using the C-mount, I'm able to reduce my costs to where I can afford this system. So instead I'm building one from off-the-shelf components capable of doing what I need. And if I really had the money, I would want an Arriflex D-21!

Xavian-Anderson Macpherson

ShingoshiDao[/b]

Regarding the questions on megapixel cameras.

Yes, I have experience with them.

They range from 1.2MP to about 15 or 16. The highest I've personally seen is 15 (Avigilon), but I understand there are higher resolution ones out there.

The majority of my installations have been in the 1-5MP range.

Keep in mind that there are a variety of issues of the analog versus IP discussion that probably deserve their own thread.

Storage/bandwidth questions were mentioned. That can be an issue, but also depends on the codec/encoding. For example, I've personally sat down with Arecont's (proprietary) h.264 encoding and watched both the storage and bandwidth requirements go down versus other encoding formats. You can even tweak it to where at, for example, 3MP, it takes less bandwidth than a traditional analog camera being transmitted over the network using MPEG4 or something along those lines.

So, the answer to pretty much every MP question about storage and bandwidth is "depends."

That also probably deserves a thread in its own right.

Isnt the camera capabilties constrained by the transmission medium? In other words NTSC over composite video is limited to 480i, so any detail over that is lost when the DAC does interpolation?

Hi,

I used upto 32 MP cameras yet.....Not found more than that.

Thanks.

You have used and 32MP ip camera? Mind posting a link? I find this highly unlikely.

he means he have used 32 cameras each is a MP camera

JD

Hi everyone,

Till today November 2009, the highest resolution in analogue CCTV is 600 TVL in Color, 700~750 TVL in B/W.

Samsung DSPs A1, W5, LG DSP, and one local DSP in Korea supports 600 TVL in Color. I think A1 is the best among them.

if you need more information. give me note.

Hi everyone,

Till today November 2009, the highest resolution in analogue CCTV is 600 TVL in Color, 700~750 TVL in B/W.

Samsung DSPs A1, W5, LG DSP, and one local DSP in Korea supports 600 TVL in Color. I think A1 is the best among them.

Also Dynacolor in Taiwan and one Company in Shenzhen, China have 600TVL color cams.

JD

Hi everyone,

Also Dynacolor in Taiwan and one Company in Shenzhen, China have 600TVL color cams.

JD

i would like to know which model it is cause i am wondering of DSP installed in the camera of dynacolor and i may know the Chinese company

http://www.dynacolor.com.tw/adminmanage/download/download_file/MKPB-NH061-EN01-09-AUG-P.pdf

For the Chinese company their DSP name starts with an H!

I must have been pretty close to your office one time I was in Gasan-Dong visiting CNB.

JD

great informatoion you gave me. Thanks.

The resolution i am talking about is analogue thing not megapicxel(from the link you provide)

if you are O.K, one more question. is the name of DSP "HQ"?

CNB technology is a great company because they produce DSP as well but sad news as you may know it is under sales. hope a private funding dose not buy CNB.