rory

Cheap Color Bullets - Buyer Beware

I recently purchased some cheap OEM color bullets for a job, only 4 of them. On the distributors website they were not labeled as any brand but when they got here the model was clearly a COP USA camera. Also, though they are 1/3" CCD, after opening it up they use a SHARP CCD and overall the image is horrible; and I mean HORRIBLE. They also get very warm to the touch.

Needless to say will never buy them again, but that doesnt help me with this current installation and the fact that the install could have been better if I had not used them.

I just dont see why I cant get any of the same cameras Eclipse sells as their budget color bullets, as they are decent quality for cheap bullets .. without buying Eclipse that is. I also dont see why the distributor did not label them as COP USA on their site, while they label all the other OEM brands; Nuvico, etc. Well, unless it says the brand from now on, Im not going to touch it.

Anyone have any promising OEM brands for cheap color bullets they have been happy with? Not retail or distributor sites though, just the OEM brand name or site please.

If I get a chance, I will get a snapshot from one of these bullets, and post that along side of the Eclipse image. It ios not that I dont want to buy eclipse, I really would prefer to get 1/3" and also to deal with salesmen that speak english.

Thanks

Rory

I would be interested in this link as well. Please?

Thanks!

Hey Rory,

I deal with Eclipse all of the time, and I have seen your posts in the past in regards to a need for a salesman that speakie englais!

I realize that Eclipse's main customer base is in Mexico, South America, and the Caribean Islands, and I can barely speak enough spanish to order a beer, get slapped by a pretty woman sitting next to me at the bar, and then find my way to the banos, and then tell the bar tender no mas tequila, look at the pretty woman, and call her eitsa loca, and get the heck out of dodge while she finds her boyfriend!

I have never had any problems talking with them. Jesus (hayzues) is my sale rep, and his accent it to the rough side, but I do just fine. There is a guy to ask for, and his name is Joey. No, it is not a nickname, he speakie englais pretty good for a white boy! LOL! Ask for him. He will be more than glad to help out.

I don't want to really get into a discussion about distributors on the public forum, but in addition to the language barrier, I gave up after not getting any email response, and this was typical of all the security distributors I have dealt with from Miami and its surrounding areas; I always just put it down to the language barrier, perhaps they didn't realize I was asking questions or wanted an order?

Basically i dont use the phone, hardly even here, but it costs alot of money to call the US, and VOIP is illegal here. So email is a must ..

ICRealtime's ICR-IR150 is a nice 480TVL silver bullet it has a built in mic., it also comes with bracket, PW Supply and 100ft plug and play cable.

IR150 has never let me down for the cheap install, and there is no problem with supply or support.

ICRealtime's ICR-IR150 is a nice 480TVL silver bullet it has a built in mic., it also comes with bracket, PW Supply and 100ft plug and play cable.

IR150 has never let me down for the cheap install, and there is no problem with supply or support.

Thanks, but I'm looking for Color only cameras, especially need the IR Cut filter. We use RG59 and don't need any support, but supply is a must.

Rory the ICR-149 looks to be the same bullet we carry and the new sony chipset is supposed to perform better in low light, they do have a good picture and the external adjustments are nice, hope this helps.

VOIP is illegal here.

sorry to go ofsubject but rory you have to be joking. how the hell can they make voip illegal !!!! thats bloody nuts! is that external or internal systems as well ?

VOIP is illegal here.

sorry to go ofsubject but rory you have to be joking. how the hell can they make voip illegal !!!! thats bloody nuts! is that external or internal systems as well ?

Any form of VOIP has been declared illegal by the PUC here (Public Utilities Commission) which are part of the government. Now that said, the local Telco is a government monopoly and they have begun offering their own VOIP service. Supposedly once you get a local license from the PUC to operate a VOIP business it would be legal and your service would be legal to use, but for just a person using skype or vonage, it is a $300,000 fine, as those companies are not licensed in the Bahamas to sell VOIP service - note though that we have many other laws that are never enforced.

Note, getting said license would involve pulling a few wisdom teeth, knowing someone, or paying the right person.

Thing is, if they are using a Windows PC then the PUC themselves are breaking the law, MSN Messenger is basically VOIP now - VOIP to them being any method of sending voice over the Internet Protocols.

Also, everyone uses it regardless ..

Everyone also buys pirate DVDs off the side of the street . .. this is how it goes here .. well I dont but most everyone else does. We got more fake gucci and rolexes than they got the real stuff in the whole world probably .. They should rename our main straw market to Da Knock Off Market ..

On a side note, the new government just created a Copyright Royalty Tribunal, whatever that means. "The tribunal is set to govern copyright and is aligned directly under the Registrar General's Office."