• Sanyo
    • Samsung (Techwin)
    • Sony

Which MANUFACTURERS make the best cameras

Guys, in general products...I like to see what you guys think

Let me know if I missed any main players on the poll

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Sorry guys, I tried to add the rest of cameras to the list but I don't see any options to do that. Maybe the forum doesn't support that feature or I just don't know where to look.. anyway just post

Thanks

We ought to list every freaking camera brand we can think of to make it more meaningful.

The results will highlight the less popular as well as the popular.

Listing a price will be a problem ... who's price, retail or wholesale and from which source?

It's a good poll question. Keep it simple- the best (quality I assume) overall manufacturer. CCTV_down_under listed some good ones. How can the rest be added?

Edited by Guest

I can add/delete, but would then be best to start a new poll, as once one has voted once, they cant vote again for the other items. I would need to delete then recreate the poll to reset the votes as those are the only options I have. I would prefer the thread starter to do that though as extra work for me.

We had a thread on this before BTW. Also this should be CCTV cameras only, perhaps could start a new Poll in the IP section for IP cameras?

A few are missing or should be redefined:

ExtremeCCTV

Baxall

Sanyo

Samsung (Techwin)

Samsung (GVI)

Ikegami

JVC

Ganz

KT&C

Eclipse

COP

Never heard of LG or Hitachi Cameras so didnt list them above.

Rory, Good idea- if Ubon94 is good with it then let it rip. But should the "best" be based on the company's overall quality of their camera product line, service and support? Perhaps I'm making it complicated.

Maybe just based on the quality of the cameras in general, the video quality, and ofcourse low failure rates. I think tech support will vary too much from one country to the next - non existent for us here for any brand, short of relying on email and they will all fall behind in that

well unfortunately thats the max items for a poll, sorry, so Its been reset, left the most common bigger brand names.

Ikegami makes far better cameras than they are given credit for. They also come with a 10 year warranty.

10years?!!!

what about for ptz?

Well, I needed some information on a camera line and was just about to ask on this site and this poll is going on. What a source for information.

My question was about the KT&C line of cameras and so far it gets 0% rating. My real question is on the cameras with the 3 X zoom and the wireless remote to tweak in the field.

Seems weird it only gets 0%, someone is using these cameras, and I know I have seen them at the Vegas Show... Can this poll be tweaked....by the way we use the Samsung 300 zoom camera to cut labor cost vs the expense of the camera....

Here is a little tweaking to the poll, let me know what you think.

How about we set some ranges and criteria

150.00 to 190.00 domes with vari focal, 500 plus TVL and success rate in the field.

Rather than prices lets say these are good entry level cameras and the individual looking for information can go do their own homework on prices and sources.

4 choices to start (items in Par. states the neg issues)

Add more if you use them and have good luck with

ED350 from Everfocus (not gimble, not auto iris) but a pretty good camera

Arm C540VAI (fairly big black housing, color seems to be off) but gimble mount, auto iris and works

Ganz 4000 series (getting one in this week to test, if I like I will test in the field)

We could then move up to the 200.00 to 250 range and call them good cameras (above entry level)

the Ganz 3210 would be in this range

down the road we could add the Panasonic and Sanyo Pan focus and Samsung cameras for high end installations

Just a thought this Saturday morning over coffee. If it is too much work to set up then so be it.

We cant use prices for the bases of anything on the forum, as the prices vary from one retailer to the next, and we cant mention dealer pricing at all. For clarification, retail pricing is typically double the dealers cost.

My understanding of the poll is that it's for an OEM which provides the best overall quality product line. That being said, I purchase KT&C cameras routinely, but Panasonic's overall quality of construction is better than most IMO. However, KT&C produces cams which Panasonic or others do not. I think it would be hard to use just one OEM in general...