hopper1601

stopping wireless signal????

i bought a 4 camera wired/wireless system, i have all the cameras hard wired but the wireless signal still effects my wireless laptop signal. is there a way to fix this problem?

snip the antenna off ! -tho some signal might leak out

put you wifi channels up high and the cams freq low for max distance between

or just get some real cams -99% of wireless cams are rubbish !

if the above suggestion still isnt working for you, you should try changing your laptop wireless to the 5ghz range (providing your laptop is relatively new and you have a good router [try the draytek 2910VG] which is the best router money can buy in my opinion) but most newish routers should support the 5ghz range.

whoa.............don't snip nothing, you'll loose the warranty.

what camera? why can't it be turned off in settings on the camera? cheap camera?

"you got what you paid for"

most decent cameras sense the network connection and automatically turn off the wireless..............

If they are standard 2.4GHz analog wireless cameras it is unlikely that you will be able to stop them transmitting completely. They start transmitting as soon as power is received.

Easiest way would be to alter the channel on your router - if it has multiple channels you should be able to find a frequency that won't clash.

Alternatively ask the supplier to swap the cameras for "wired only" equivalents.

If they are standard 2.4GHz analog wireless cameras is is unlikely that you will be able to stop them transmitting completely. They start transmitting as soon as power is received.

Easiest way would be to alter the channel on your router if it has multiple channels, you should be able to find a frequency that won't clash.

Alternatively ask the supplier to swap the cameras for "wired only" equivalents.

I have a couple of Swann Microcams that are 2.4ghz and they will kill my wireless signal. Things like this is why I stuck with wired cameras - no inerfeance with my network, and no risk of folks sitting outside my house seeing my camera images and figuring out how to approach my house undetected. Google "War Driving"

Ditto!

I install Swann wireless cameras, and it cracks me up when a customer has me in an attic running the power wire to the camera! Why not run one for the video too?

They do have their place, and they can be used effectivly as long as customers understand their limitations.

Ditto!

I install Swann wireless cameras, and it cracks me up when a customer has me in an attic running the power wire to the camera! Why not run one for the video too?

They do have their place, and they can be used effectivly as long as customers understand their limitations.

And the image isn't all that great either. I use these Swanns in my RC plane & helicopter for in-flight video. Certainly not for security.

You would be surprised to see how many people ask for them, and then I have to educate them about the pros, and the cons, and try to steer them in to the right direction.

The cheaper someone's budget is the more they seem to ask for them.

You would be surprised to see how many people ask for them, and then I have to educate them about the pros, and the cons, and try to steer them in to the right direction.

The cheaper someone's budget is the more they seem to ask for them.

Well, I'd guess that most of the cost of a budget install is in the wiring... If they're having you run power then it's no extra work to also run video, right? Heck, run cat5e and you've got both in one wire.

Yeah, we have to do a fair bit of that aswell!