mfennell

Any advise on how to avoid image "bending"

Anyone have some ideas on how to get rid of the image bending that is in the example image? Its a 3MP camera with a 4-10MM lense

examplebend.jpg.6138ce48ba5c44d6a3471d9137fed3f5.jpg

There is no way to get rid of the "image bending" That is part of the mm setting of the lens. I am surprised at how much of a curve you have in the posted image. It appears that the camera is about 12 feet from the wall. It appears that the wall is about 10 feet wide?

You can manipulate the curve in the video by moving the camera upwards.

The image appears to be at a smaller setting then the 4mm you posted.

6mm setting will not have any noticable curvature in the video, but you will not have as much periphereal vision either.

Edited by Guest

Its called fisheye and it happens from using a wide lense 2.0 2.2 2.8

As stated use a longer lense 6mm 8mm 12mm ect and move the camera further away from the wall

its an Arecont 3100. I haven't heard anything back yet from the person demoing it. It tested just fine before I sent it out.

It does have a 4-10 mm lens on it or atleast thats what we sent out.

Generally speaking, the wider the lens, the more pronounced the curvature. If you want to get rid of it, cover only the area you need with a narrower lens type. From your pic it does look wider than a 4-10. A 5-33 ish lens will get rid of the curvature and should give almost the same view. (If your lens is a 4-10).

A little off topic, but is that picture direct from the camera or has it been modified in some way? The reason I'm asking is because I expected a better quality image from a megapixel camera.

Clean up your room. What a mess!

Seriously, the wider the lens fov (field of view), the more pronounced the curvature will be. A 75 degree horizontal fov will have slight bending. As you go wider, the bending will become more pronounced.

The lens selection for this will depend on the imager size:

For 1/4" 75 degree HFOV = 2.4mm

For 1/3" 75 degree HFOV = 3.2mm

For 1/2" 75 degree HFOV = 4.2mm

For 2/3" 75 degree HFOV = 5.7mm

For 1" 75 degree HFOV = 8.2mm