acableconnection

whats a good 4ch standalone with remote view

What do you guys recommend for a good 4 ch standalone with remote viewing. Hes planning on useing an aircard to watch his restaurants.

Id like it to have a cd or dvd writer, in case he needs to make a report.

thanks

im looking at the Avermedia AVerDiGi EB1304 . My concern is that i cannot mask off certain areas of view that would trigger motion detection. I.e. decorations hanging from ceiling moving

It all depends on what budget you are in, I have used many different units at different price levels and it all comes down to cost.

AVTECH (or CpCam) would be the most cost economic option, but I don't remember if is has the masking features that you are asking about.

Last year, I was beta testing a unit from GE security, the new Digia 2 series, and it has functions such as masking and something called network bandwith saving mode, which I believe is plays with the quality settings throught the video transmision over the network so that it achieves the best posible frame rate. This is a little on the high side, compared to AVTECH, but is something to keep in mind if the user is going to be using a AIRCARD to view the video. NO CDRW option on this one, but it does have a USB connection where you can backup the data and then use a PC to transfer the images to a CD.

http://www.gesecurity.com/portal/site/GESecurity/menuitem.f76d98ccce4cabed5efa421766030730?selectedID=11746&seriesyn=true&seriesID=

Another option, although I personally have not used them would be ICrealtime. Another member here can probably explain their features better than me.

What do you guys recommend for a good 4 ch standalone with remote viewing. Hes planning on useing an aircard to watch his restaurants.

Id like it to have a cd or dvd writer, in case he needs to make a report.

thanks

Embedded system with CD burners are avail... Any particular configuration do you need it with hard drive, etc.?