Sherlock

Playback problems with AVC761

You mean those DVR's don't format the HDD's whenyou put them in!! I thought they all had at least that capability Hey Scopion how's Florida?

Doesn't matter if you format or didn't format the harddisk.

Just pop it in back to the recorder, the recorder will just format it to be use in its own format. This is also one of the concern i have. It doesn't prompt you to REFORMAT a harddisk. Imagine you switch a harddisk with data from another similar model dvr in, and it doesn't recognise it due to maybe different firmware, different model, and just REFORMAT your harddisk.. there goes all your data. Most other DVR that we use PROMPT user for permission to reformat/format a new harddisk......

The FAT32 is meant for THUMBDRIVE backup.... that means if u want to use thumbdrive to backup the data for those model with thumbdrive, it'll have to be formated as FAT32. Most thumbdrive come preformated as FAT16.

Sunday morning was very chilly.

Today the weather is beautiful!!

For those of you who are laughing at Floridians for wearing sweaters, jackets etc remember that we have a "wet" cold.

While I was in Campbellsville Kentucky visiting relatives, I asked what the temp was, and I was told it was 48 degrees, and I was standing there in a short sleeve T shirt, and the "cold" did not bother me at all. Boy was I shocked!

I crack up when you "northerners" come to Florida, and I listen to you all complain about how cold it is. That just really cracks me up to hear people from Canada that will say that!! ????

How is the weather in Kentucky??

Warmer today than it was this weekend, and I have been to places that have been colder and also places hotter than in Florida. Yeah your right about the wet cold can remember standing guard duty when stationed in your fine state and wearing my watchcap and peacoat due to the cold, and then roasting during the day. When it comes to formatting the HDD most of the DVR's I have worked on will ask if you want to format them, just a surprise that there is one that doesn't even format, would think there is something in the menu for that.

"Yeah your right about the wet cold can remember standing guard duty when stationed in your fine state and wearing my watchcap and peacoat due to the cold, and then roasting during the day." Do you need to borrow my glasses, two seperate sentences and had to put something in there to go with the thread.

Ok! I'm narrowing this thing down to maybe being the wirelesss cameras. I bought these in the states online. they're 1.2Ghz professional security cameras. When I bought them I indicated that I needed PAL ones for my region more so than the DVR(it handles both I understand but the DVR won't allow me to switch between PAL and NTSC following the instructions in the manual. Thats with or without cameras connected.). It was mentioned that the wireless cameras play havoc with the dvr somehow.

* Could this be the problem?

* Is this causing the playback to have a blank screen and invalid jan 2000 date in the screenshot I posted earlier?

* Can this problem be solved? (I got these wireless cameras because I couldn't run connections directly to the dvr. Realtime picture quality is really very good.)

I can now download the recorded file to the PC over the lan connection. When I convert the DVR file to VSE and play this file a discernible small colidoscope like rectangular box in the left cornor of the screen is shown for a minute or so. On the player can stop,rew, pause, ff this file but still see this image.

Ok! I'm narrowing this thing down to maybe being the wirelesss cameras. I bought these in the states online. they're 1.2Ghz professional security cameras. When I bought them I indicated that I needed PAL ones for my region more so than the DVR(it handles both I understand but the DVR won't allow me to switch between PAL and NTSC following the instructions in the manual. Thats with or without cameras connected.). It was mentioned that the wireless cameras play havoc with the dvr somehow.

* Could this be the problem?

* Is this causing the playback to have a blank screen and invalid jan 2000 date in the screenshot I posted earlier?

* Can this problem be solved? (I got these wireless cameras because I couldn't run connections directly to the dvr. Realtime picture quality is really very good.)

I can now download the recorded file to the PC over the lan connection. When I convert the DVR file to VSE and play this file a discernible small colidoscope like rectangular box in the left cornor of the screen is shown for a minute or so. On the player can stop,rew, pause, ff this file but still see this image.

I hope by "professional wireless security camera", you are NOT refering to these. 75639_1.jpg Basically give crappy images.

And YES, you'll need PAL cameras if you set your system to PAL. and NTSC if you set it to NTSC (The DVR can switch between both if i am not wrong). You can't mix the 2 signals together, i.e. 2 PAL cam and 2 NTSC cam. the one on the wrong signals will give you problem when recording. Basically the signal doesn't syn and the compression will be crappy.

The camera and transmitter/receiver are in the images attached. The problem is the DVR always remains on PAL and won't swtich to NTSC even following the instructions. any idea why?

[/img]

transiever.jpg.f58998943b98a69ac5755c81dbdd957e.jpg

camera.jpg.be84a0082818f33ece7748c1bfdc47ac.jpg

It's been a while - I still havn't gotten this thing working. Do I now assume that THE AVC 76x doesn't work with wireless cameras?

Is there a new firmware version due soon? I've tried everything up to 2030 at this stage.

Sherlock,

give us a detailed discription of the procedure that you are doing to switch pal/ntsc, so that we can make an evaluation of the dvr.

Firmware is not going to help your situation.

I do not know why you are not able to switch over.

strange.

I use Swann wireless cameras with AVTech dvrs and they work for within the limitations of the transmitter, and the receiver power level.

Did you ever contact the place where you bought the DVR? What did they say?

Thanks for the promp response.

I actually managed to switch between PAL/NTSC this afternoon. The problem was that I was trying the do this operation with the cameras still connected and operational to the DVR. After disconnecting the switch actually worked - Silly me.

Anyway, The playback problems remains. After contacting the seller a while back I didn't get much support and was a bit reluctant to under take the expensive currier charges then to find that warantee was made void by hardware resets, hdd testing, firmware upgrades etc...

Is there a likely component on the motherboard that is failing? can I replace the motherboard/component. Still not sure whether it's a h/w or s/w problem. I'm going to follow up with a screenshot of what is displayed during playback. Maybe it will be familiar to you.

warantee was made void by hardware resets, hdd testing, firmware upgrades etc...

I do not think that a hardware reset, or a firmware upgrade should ruin your warranty. Is this in the documentation from the "dealer/seller"??

These procedures are recommended by the manufacture!!!!!

HDD testing could be an either or kind of thing depending on what you are doing. Basic kind of "reading" of the hard drive should not effect the warranty, and I will tell you why.

If I take a HDD out of one player, and I go home, and I stick it into my machine to help a store clerk record some video for the police then would this ruin the warranty to the buyer from me??? Should this ruin the warranty from my business to my distributer who sales wholesale to me??

Like I said, It depends on what you were doing. If you are an electronic hacker, or like to take things apart then you already know of the warranty limitations, and "curiosity of the cat" prevails over a warranty.

I pay an attorney $50.00 to have a secretary type of a letter that I give them, and they add the "legalese" to it.

It is amazing the reaction that I get when "someone" receives a letter from "me" via my attorney.

Perhaps you can have an attorney draft a letter, and send it to your seller!

I think someone is trying to get out of providing tech support!

Then again if you bought on the dirt cheap then you can expect lousey tech support.

What do you think?

Edited by Guest

In Australia the warranty is typically not voided when a customer does such things as hardware resets, changes hard drives etc.

However... where this was part of the warranty terms the onus to prove where the blame for the fault lies shifts from the seller to the end user.

i.e. if you buy a product that develops a fault within the warranty period and you have not breached the "warranty terms" and the supplier thinks you have damaged the unit somehow then it is the suppliers responsibility to prove that something you did damaged the unit.

If you have breached the warranty terms then it is your responsibility to prove that the fault was not caused by yourself.

Most suppliers will be reasonable with this sort of thing but it is usually best to send them an email to ask for advice / permission so that then you have "written" evidence that they will advised this course of action or said they permit it without voiding warranty terms.